What are you working on Rare?? New Open World Game??

• Having watched several videos recently about the future of what is to come on Xbox and knowing that Microsoft Teams all currently have the Dev kits for the Scarlet next gen consoles, several times now it has been mentioned that Rares main team are secretly working on a open world game...??

Watch @ 8:00---

Views
  • "Rare is still updating and adding to Sea of Thieves but their main team is working on an announced open world game"

That's what I was starting to think seeing the last updates, the slow development and the addition of the Emporium.

• @jetorchidee97

It seems we won't be told anything until next year about Rare's latest game in development.
    But with the acquisition of so many teams in the last year to Microsoft studios, I am certainly excited for what will be coming when the next console launches. The future looks amazing for Xbox.
    I'm especially excited to learn more about The Initiative studio (quadruple A studio), and what they have install for us🤯

• where he know it from,he just sayn rare working on an unannounced title :D

if they work on a brandnew title i believe sot 2 is possible

• @weedstar-deluxe

Been following this guy for a few years now, and whilst it is currently speculation, I have never known his information to be too far from what is to be.

Could it be Sea of Thieves 2?

I wouldn't think so. They will continue to add to SOT and keep it fun for us all for many years to come. But with Scarlett coming.. More games are needed and these Teams have all been acquired by Microsoft to deliver those games.
    So I expect it to be something new.

• This isn't true. The main team of Rare is working on sot, and then, another part of the studio is developing the prototype of the other game. And Battletoads is being developed by another company. When SoT development started, they were only about 10-20 people working on the prototype. It's impossible that right now, Rare's "main team" is working on a prototype of another game. SoT is still their biggest game right now, and it's the one that has the main team, and the new open-world game (if it exists) will have 10-20 or even 30 people working on the prototype, but no more.

And you will say: But, maybe, they've already finished the prototype... And I will say nope. A couple of months ago Rare was 95% (5% on Battletoadsn SoT, they weren't working on anything else, so they started this new project's prototype in this couple of months, and, a prototype can't be done in one month (at least a good prototype).

• @jetorchidee97 dijo en What are you working on Rare?? New Open World Game??:

"Rare is still updating and adding to Sea of Thieves but their main team is working on an announced open world game"

That's what I was starting to think seeing the last updates, the slow development and the addition of the Emporium.

BOOOM!! Exactly. You totally took my words of my mouth.

@weedstar-deluxe
    Sot 2? We dont even have half of SEA OF THIVES, how CAN u expect a 2? Where are all the cosmetics that should be in a cosmetics based game?! If they even get slower with the improvement of this game they will have an excuse, but not an acceptable one to me.

Yehaaa!!
    Spread the curse in the seas!!

• With Banjo Kazooie taking off in smash I'd not be surprised to see them developing a new game for the scarlet.

Here's what I think will happen:

Phase 1, poll the hype.
    This has already happened with B&K in smash, they now know that there's an audience for this.
    Phase 2, Seed the hype.
    We've yet to see a N64 mini but you can bet that it will contain Banjo and Kazooie on it and I'm guessing Nintendo and Rare wouldn't mind re-releasing the games for Switch either, why would this not be a problem?
    Phase 3, Scarlet:
    Yup a new Banjo game on the scalet, both old fans and new fans (added with Smash bros and the Switch port) would love to see the story continue, and a new game on scarlet would (if done right) be a system seller in its own right. Nintendo is time and again proving that the mascot platformer can sell systems. Switch sold great with Mario Oddysey so it wouldn't surprise me if Scarlet can do too if Rare makes a good game (not nuts and bolts)

But that's just a theory...

• @eggamer13

You can't possibly believe that Microsoft have acquired all of these studios just to keep updating their current games?
    They have acquired them to bring out new games, to fund them to do so, give them the time and support to do just that.
    Does it feel as if year two on SOT has had the full backing of all of Rare's team? (let's not forget they were, and still are heavily recruiting new talent)?
    Yes, we all love this game and want to see it around for years to come, and I'm sure it will be.
    But Microsoft need new titles from its teams. And Rare are no different.

Something you might, or might not enjoy watching.

• @needsmokes I'm not saying that Rare is not working on a new game, I'm just saying that is too early of the development on that new game to have more than 30 people working on a prototype. So basically the "main team" of Rare is not working on that new game AT THE MOMENT. In the future probably SoT's development team size will decrease (or not, and they will hire new people for the new game, but this is less likely).

• @eggamer13

Also, let's not forget that all teams now have access to the latest in Xbox technology and all have the Dev kits for Scarlett.

I bet the top designers at all of these teams were chomping at the bit to get their hands on this and start work on new projects, with what could now be possible.
    I doubt they wanted to carry on working on SOT (last gen tech) which could explain some recruitment to continue to work on SOT whilst lead designers get to work on new IP. Perhaps a sequel, who knows..

Perhaps the Team might even split like has been done with Playground Games. The teams responsible for Forza. With rumours that they are now developing a new Fable..
    I really wish it was Rare doing Fable as I think it would be perfect for them, and us! Maybe they are???
    Both studios are situated very close together after all🤔

• @needsmokes it's prolly like red dead but the same idea as sea of thieves

• @needsmokes I think it's the new battle toads

• @closinghare208 said in What are you working on Rare?? New Open World Game??:

@needsmokes I think it's the new battle toads

Battle toads has been in development for a while now and I don't think that is not what the open world game could be..It's also not a solely Rare title.

• @needsmokes it could but who knows

• Rare and Fable would have been the perfect team, made for each other, the humour in the characters, voices and achievements.

• @scoobywrx555

I think it's safe to say Fable is in good hands. Can't wait to see more from this game next year.

• @NeedSmokes Aye I'm sure they will do a good job. As they say, a re-imaging, a more adult version which is what I thought Legends felt like. It didn't have the same quirky charm and humour which is difficult to do as it doesn't translate.
    I'm probably one of the few that thought they got better each time and thought the Kinect version was great too.

• @scoobywrx555

I also enjoyed the kinnect, was disappointed when Xbox wrapped it up. And as for Fable legends, I was very excited for that, it looked promising.

• @needsmokes yeah very disappointed that they gave up on it, too much pressure from the unfounded bandwagon of hate. Rare were the best at programing with it and Lionhead did a great job too. There were fab concepts out there from lesser studios but just couldnt quite execute the software efficiently.
    Alot was done with Legends so who knows maybe all that code hasnt gone to waste.

Views
1 out of 20