A cosmetic I would truly love to see added to the game

• I want the ability to make my pirate left handed. I was playing with my nephew, hes a lefty, he wanted his pirate to be a lefty like himself. He brought to my attention every pirate we see is right handed. Not a single left handed pirate.
    I think this would add a bit more depth to an already deeply detailed game.

Views
    community
  • @mynuku I like it. It would add more to the immersion of you and you're pirate. I have kept my pirate pretty much the same since launch. Same hair, beard, hair color. Even the same clothing for the most part. Some of us have grown attached to them and for people that are actually left handed, this could help them identify with their pirate more, and represent themselves better if they wish. Or maybe you're right handed and you just decide that your pirate is left handed simply because it's your pirate and you can say they are. Those of us that sail with regular crew would pick up on these subtle things. We may not think about it but you may play with a couple left handed players. Seeing them hold their pistol in the other hand may become second nature just as much as the jacket you always see them wear.

• @testakleze my thoughts exactly. My nephews aswell. He was distracted for half the night till I finally asked what he was doing and he replied. "You said my pirate is special to me. Why does he have to be right handed? I cant find a left handed setting." I was kindof stumped. I knew there isn't such a setting but it made me ask why couldn't there be a setting for lefty's.

• This is an interesting topic. I am all for this idea, I think it'd be awesome. However, I don't think this is something Rare will do, because it would likely require a whole new set of animations for nearly everything we can carry or use, which could easily be quite time consuming (even longer if this new set of animations causes new bugs to crop up, which it probably will). If rare puts devs on this project, those devs can't work on new updates or bug fixes, or really anything except creating and integrating left-handed animations...

Again, I'd love to see this come to be, but I just don't see Rare allocating any dev time to this endeavour...

Not trying to be mean, just stating a problem I see with an otherwise great idea

• @bactatankbill I get it. Yeah it is still considered a "new" animation though they could mirror the handling of things yeah a couple kinks to tweak though they do not need to make a whole new set of animations.

• Im left handed and have kinda hoped for this as well but didn't really think much of it. My whole keyboard is rekeybinded around. Literally every button is tied to the keypad/arrow keys now and my mouse is in my left hand.

This is a minimal thing but for someone who is left handed in a right handed world we would pick up on this and be greatly appreciated.

For those who aren't left handed, you'd be surprised how happy 1 lefty is to meet another new lefty. #instantfriends

• I'm not a lefty but I am starting to use my left more often now and I totally think this would be a great addition at some point for the game.

For instance thus was started and typed... 15 mins. ago... (sigh) lol

• There should be a lefty setting.

Thankfully, I'm right handed, but in my own ways I'm just as much of a Kronenburg-esque freak of nature as our left handed bretheren.

Justice for mutants and freaks!

• @mynuku and with this, add the possibility to change the eye-patch to the other side, so the pegleg...

• @mynuku well basicly they do, because animations are toed to the splines/bones of a model, simply mirroring them could lead to alot of clipping, inverted itemholding etc issues that then have to be rebased and redesigned

I am all for this idea but i wouldnt get my hopes up

• Dude! Duuuuuuuude! Duuuuuuhooooooddddddeeeee! I couldn't agree more!!!! Make sure "lefty" is a controller option also! I block much better than I attack😂.

• @schwammlgott I would like the option of using sword left handed but shooting right! As with most lefties we've become ambidextrous over time due yo our surroundings.

Views
community
1 out of 12