A suggestion on players communities.

• Ahoy, fellow Sea masters. I have a question for you, have you ever wanted more friends to join, have you ever wanted to be a part of a community in the SOT (Sea Of Thieves) world?

With SOT's ever-growing player base and strive to reach out to players, it's vital that everyone gets a positive experience within the game. To guarantee this I would recommend adapting the game for much larger crews, perhaps 1-6 or even 1-8 if possible.

Furthermore, I feel the ability to sail the seas knowing you have permanent allies will be a fantastic addition to the game's online mechanics. There are a handful of things I would like to see in the game, I feel ambitious about the future however I feel the connection between players is overall negative.

I have a list below of my suggestions and I will elaborate on them;

• Bigger ships and crews (1-6 players or 1-8)
    • Clan or naval teams with the ability to have custom flags hanging from masts (similar to after an alliance has happened) Perhaps consisting of 1-50 players and the ability to join lobbies together.
    • Larger Lobbies and private lobbies, I would like to have larger servers that consist of more players perhaps something similar to the size of 30-50 players per server. I would also like the ability to host private servers for clans or just in general, I understand this may be a negative impact due to people having the ability to get money easier but perhaps a repercussion could be made, for example, only a third of the profit can be made.
    • Making sailors from the same trading companies have flags showing who they are with and have them as allies.
    • New flags idea, front flags (front mast and ram) Trading Company flag, Middle Flags (Middle/main mast) Chosen flag and alliance flag, Rear flags (Rear mast and Back of the boat) for their clan flag.
    • Usable furniture, I'd like the ability for people to use furniture and be able to place objects in set places, for example, sleeping in a bed regenerates health, sitting down in the captain's office gives an attack boost things as of such and the ability to place small luxury goods (Skulls, trophy's, fish) on shelves and the ability to decorate a brig and captains office.

These are just a few of my suggestions any questions please do let me know, I hope you enjoyed reading this and found it helpful :)

Views
    community
  • The community is ever-shrinking, sadly. Rare is mindnumbingly incompetent, and is not capable of supporting a live game. The incredible lack of content ensures the playerbase is shrinking daily.

• @wilbymagicbear Ever shrinking? Tell that to my waistline!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gCANwADwdazG8/giphy.gif?cid=5a38a5a2de5240a648048802389241999d96708d05e7afb6&rid=giphy.gif

• @wilbymagicbear said in A suggestion on players communities.:

The community is ever-shrinking, sadly. Rare is mindnumbingly incompetent, and is not capable of supporting a live game. The incredible lack of content ensures the playerbase is shrinking daily.

Lol, if that was the case they wouldnt support this game anymore, also why the hell are you still on SoT forums if you really think this? Just uninstall and move on with your life. Better for you, and better for us, because we lost an incompetent player with only 1 ability, rant on the forums.

• @mentimjojo said in A suggestion on players communities.:

@wilbymagicbear said in A suggestion on players communities.:

The community is ever-shrinking, sadly. Rare is mindnumbingly incompetent, and is not capable of supporting a live game. The incredible lack of content ensures the playerbase is shrinking daily.

Lol, if that was the case they wouldnt support this game anymore, also why the hell are you still on SoT forums if you really think this? Just uninstall and move on with your life. Better for you, and better for us, because we lost an incompetent player with only 1 ability, rant on the forums.

I'd argue the term support is... debatable. Is a reskinned voyage and adding microtransactions really support?

• @wilbymagicbear I beg to differ! I myself managed to bring 6 new people into the game and we're all in love with it and starting a roleplay community.

• @wilbymagicbear said in A suggestion on players communities.:

@mentimjojo said in A suggestion on players communities.:

I'd argue the term support is... debatable. Is a reskinned voyage and adding microtransactions really support?

Because of 2 reasons last couple of patches were smaller then the updates before that. First of all Rare isnt the biggest studio, it isnt Epic games. And second they switched to a new development process / update system. They said in a recent stream/ Q&A panel that oktober is gonna be way bigger, and november is gonna be even bigger. Give them time.

• I've seen a lot of people struggling to get a 4 man crew. And there's been complaints about not having enough galleons on the seas. I don't think adding bigger crews will help in that matter, it's already hard enough to steer a Galleon, I can't imagine a Man'o'War.

• @wilbymagicbear lol is giving us free dlc not support? when i started there was only bananas there was no fishing no talltales no skellie ships no skellie fleets no devils roar no brig you complain about too little content? AND its free too we got all that FOR FREE!! mr.krabs is going crazy rn dunno about you but i think you sound a little ungreatful and ignorant to whats actually been done here in SoT and what FREE content is coming and you complain about new skins and a completly OPTIONAL store where you pay a small sum of money to get what you bought? do you complain about convenience stores too? im really not trying to be rude with this comment but yeah you are being kinda ignorant to what we have gotten over the past updates and instead complain about one or two updates

• @mentimjojo said in A suggestion on players communities.:

@mentimjojo said in A suggestion on players communities.:

Because of 2 reasons last couple of patches were smaller then the updates before that. First of all Rare isnt the biggest studio, it isnt Epic games. And second they switched to a new development process / update system. They said in a recent stream/ Q&A panel that oktober is gonna be way bigger, and november is gonna be even bigger. Give them time.

Rare has like 200 people, but it doesn't really matter. Whether or not they provide a fair amount of support is pretty irrelevant. What is entirely relevant is the ever-growing pool of players who stop playing due to a lack of content. Excuses, even if they're fair, [mod edit]

• [mod edit]

• @wilbymagicbear Your posts have been edited as they go against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Circumventing the Forum Profanity Filter

A profanity filter is in place to support our commitment to our community to create the world’s friendliest multiplayer game. Topics and posts which attempt to circumvent the filter will be edited or deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

ALWAYS:

Be respectful. Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Treat everyone with respect. Diversity only enriches this larger-than-life pirate community of ours and makes Sea of Thieves’ world a far more interesting one to explore. When we all play, everyone wins.

Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @triheadedmonkey Yes, all of us 8 year olds who play games over Xbox Live can't possibly bear seeing a curse word. Thank you, brave moderator, for protecting our young ears from such profanity.

• @wilbymagicbear you are welcome! I am only putting the rules you have agreed to into effect!

Feel free to have another gander :)

• @triheadedmonkey said in A suggestion on players communities.:

@wilbymagicbear you are welcome! I am only putting the rules you have agreed to into effect!

Feel free to have another gander :)

I will, thank you (:

Are we as a community really so immature and childish that we can't pollute our young ears with curse words? When I was in high school, I could swear to my teachers. Why would a forum be so restrictive? On my bus, there are kids that can't be older than 12 hurling obscenities related to mothers and sexuality at one another. You'd think our rules surrounding curse words were written by a particularly conservative church a century ago.

• @wilbymagicbear because thems the rules!

• @triheadedmonkey said in A suggestion on players communities.:

@wilbymagicbear because thems the rules!

And, as with all other rules, they are set in stone and cannot be altered.

• @wilbymagicbear Feel free to argue back and forth but the overriding thing is, you are choosing to use the Forums...the Forums have a set of Rules...by continuing to use the Forums you agree to said rules.

If you choose to ignore the rules, posts will be edited.

It is a fairly simple concept really. If for whatever reason, you do not agree to abide by the rules, then you do not need to use the Forums. No harm, no foul.

However, if you choose to continue using the forums in future, then you agree to abide by the rules.

If you feel the rules are somehow unfair, feel free to send a ticket via the support site.

Views
community
1 out of 18