"We are doing tall tales" how would you deal with them?

• "We are only doing tall tales" The common phrase in the seas which usually means, do not attack us we are playing single player mode. In this video, covering a stream highlight , shows how I deal with Tall Tale Ships. What would you do?

Views
    video
  • It depends on their behavior. I've already guarded and defended sloops after I saw on their map table that they were solving a Tall Tale in a grotto right now. Instead of killing them leaving the cave, I expelled other players and played them a welcome song - from a safe distance.

I have also shared my treasures with their empty, unguarded ship and guarded them until they return.

I have also gone to their ship with an explosive barrel. I offered a trade: Either they do a reaperchest job and give me the treasure, or I sink them and they lose their totem. And so it happened.

I have also simply sunk them when I knew that this Tall Tale is easy and quick to repeat and I myself had no desire to wait until they are finally finished.

We have also worked together on islands, one crew doing a Tall Tale, we on another assignment. We helped each other without being in an alliance, we showed the Tall Tale crew the locations of the logbooks and had a good time.

But a crew playing Tall Tale can always decide to attack me. This crew may not be a lucrative victim, but they remain an unpredictable risk for me. I don't drag them, but I don't distribute flowers either.

If a totem falls into my hands, I try to tell you where I give them the totem.

• Doing a Tall Tale is no excuse for not being attacked. Imagine being a merchant in the Golden Age of Piracy and this pirate ship gains on you, boards your ship and takes the crew hostage. The Pirates Captain asks the Captain of the Merchant Ship what his affairs are and he replies with "I am on a grand adventure to deliver Luxurious Cloth and Rum". Now, what would the pirates do? Ransack and plunder.

In this shared-world, we learn that each ship on the horizon is a potential threat and you should always treat one a such. If you don't like the thrill of being a pirate, which comes with the possibility of encountering other pirates, then you probably picked the wrong game. Yes, this game and its players can be harsh most of the time, but that's also the game's charm.

• I freakin hate tall tales ill just sneaky put all my loot on their boat and continue grinding around bored.

• If someone pleads with me that they are doing Tall Tales I’ll take their cannonballs and planks and leave them be!

If I sink them and they message me about their stuff (quest stuff) I’ll leave it where I sunk them and leave them be.

• Having only returned this week , I'm doing the tall tales for the first time and I'm loving the story. Have been able to avoid most players or run away from them in my sloop against the wind and got sunk only once. Luckily that was during the Shroudbreaker's part where you're digging up medallions to open the vault on the island so didn't loose any progress (just time sailing back to the island).

I hope I can keep avoiding pirates during the last 4 tales but should one get to me I'll offer everything of value to them and hope they accept that deal (like most actual pirates would do, take everything valuable and leave if the ship surrendered). If they don't I'll defend the tall tale item with my life. Should I fail, that will suck but yeah it's a PVPVE game and tomorrow is another day.

• We leave them alone if they don't shoot. If they shoot it's on! You don't have to kill everyone in the game, give it a try or go to the Arena if you want PVP there are guys there that will be happy to fight you! Might even be a bit of a challenge because this looks way to easy for you.

• @phuzzybond if they attack I sink them if not they live at get it done

• what i think, you shaming video isnt cool...he was just dissapointed and maybe knew they will lose...i mean which player things in that case "pvp is so fun in sot i start the the tale again and sail again to the op where i got the tale from"

• " What would you do?" , okay , first off all, i ain't no Streamer , therefore i don't feel the urge to fight all the time to keep a few followers happy...i have a mind of my own and my kind of Joy is also personal...During the Video you seem to find it silly that people enjoy Tall Tales without being hijacked or killed...

If...you like the game as you say during the video , then you know how disturbing an attack can be on yer Tall Tales experience...i will try to explain somewhat better. You have Pirates that just play the game ,they attack you , sink you and....see that you have Tall Tale stuff amongst the loot...Some of them , mostly those that carry the game in their Heart , not only the Game but also an unwritten rule that says : Have fun but make sure that others still have fun too, now , those people drop yer Tall Tales stuff in a rowboat or on a closeby island...

Those People have Sportmanship running in their veins...Some just attack you , sink you , don't care about the loot and sail away to sink the following ship. These kinds of Pirates get bored quickly and will one day sail away towards other horizons, and i mean games by that...

The worst are the Pirates that do know you have Tall Tale loot , take it away or hide it ...Sure that is part of the game but everyone who encounters this kind of behaviour feels trolled upon...And loses a part of their Joy and Love for this game, not because of the game but more because of the unforgiving mentality of some...

Personally , i have problems with following the story , i haven't played them five times yet and because of work , other Goals like the monthly Campaigns , the story slowly becomes forgotten and forms a Chinese puzzle to me...i find it very nice if other Pirates leave the ship alone so i can follow the story , because translating and figuring out what needs to be done or what is told in the game is very important to put the pieces of story from all the Chapters together to find out the complete story.... i don't feel that as a crime or lame or whatever that this is called in the Streamer circles...

It's the same with spawncamping...Some People feel the need ,after they defeated the whole crew , to replay that event over and over again, certainly if a few are watching over their shoulders...It's fun for them but way less fun for the one who get lossed half his /her health in the first second of spawning...

If you are better , faster then be man / woman enough to give the slower Pirate a chance , some may find this lame but in my eyes that Pirate gives the other one a fair chance and in my eyes is more concerned to give me that chance in order that i keep my Joy intact....

So this Sea has a few unwritten guidelines of Respect , in my eyes ... i don't attack Tall Talers ,i rather jump off board to see if i can help if they are stuck in a riddle , so is the thought of the crew i am in...Spawncamping , not even if the Queen of England or Trumpy would sheer for me...

Pirate ,yes i'm a Pirate but not at all costs , an Alliance is hold untill the other crew leaves it , Tall Talers are helped or if they sink, not by me, we will do everything in order to put their stuff on a rowboat or nearby island...i'm a Pirate , but i"m also a human that likes to roam amongst the young generations around me without hurting or destroying their fun...

Somewhere in the video , you also say , " did you hit me with a Blunderbus?"....i get that comment often in Arena...Is there an unwritten law that forbids me to use that gun? i'm old and slow and even with a Blunderbus i have little chance of killing somebody...Using a Blunderbus seems to be a trigger to be called a noob...

A whole part of the Sea of Thieves Community seems to feast on the robbing of Joy segment ...

Killing Tall talers and hiding their stuff is one of those " feats" , repeatedly spawncamping or continious sinking and haunting of the same ship is another feast that is so liked on many Streamerdishes...

Yes , Streaming is important for a Company, but Streams that encourage this kind of behaviour are the Gravediggers that will put a Game way faster under six feet of dirt than that the Developer expected ...

" What would you do?" , well ,Sir , i would take the bgger insult with a pinch of salt , would retrieve their stuff from the water and would say sorry for not knowing , after that ,if they accepted , i would ask if they need some help with it by solving or protecting them. i would make sure that their Joy was restored and not scarred...That's what i would do nomatter how many eyes and minds were hoping for a different scenario...i play my Game ,with or without Camera's...

Views
video
1 out of 10