All Hands On Deck!
A year has passed and time has come for THE GRAND ODYSSEY to return to the Shores of Sea Of Thieves! Prepare yourselves for the unexpected!
I. What is The Grand Odyssey?
The Grand Odyssey is one of Sea Of Thieves' oldest and most grandiose community event brought you by the Fortune Union. This Event is a Scavenger Hunt, a Treasure Hunt, and a Race! This Event will pit up to 50 Crews of Pirates against each other in an adventure to acquire the treasure of the Duke of the Ancient Spire!
II. When does it start?
The Grand Odyssey is set to happen on April 20th, 2019 at:
III. Who can participate?
This year's edition offers all sorts of changes. This year, we will limit the number of participants. We will be accepting a maximum of 50 Crews composed of 3-4 Pirates in this competition!
Whether you're more comfortable on a Brigantine or a Galleon, it's up to you!
Assemble your crews!
IV. How can I register my Crew?
Registration is simple!
You can sign your Crew up by contacting us through Twitter
You can sign up by posting directly in this Forum Thread
You can sign up by directly contacting us through Fortune's Discord.
You will need to provide the following information:
- GamerTags of all participating pirates.
- A Unique Crew Name
- 1 Discord ID (in-case we need to contact you)
- 1 Twitter ID (REQUIRED to provide Proofs Of Completion)
----REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON APRIL 18TH , 2019---
V. What are the rules?
You and your crew will be tasked to complete 13 Riddles and provide a Proof Of Completion for every one of them.
Once a Riddle is completed, the next one will be made available to you and all the other participants.
Those who have yet to complete their Riddle will still have to provide their Proof Of Completion before moving on to the next Riddle.
A Crew is composed of a minimum of 3 pirates and a maximum of 4 pirates.
The individual Gamertags are needed to validate the Crew submissions of Proof of Completion.
Each Proof Of Completion must contain the Gamertags of the participants. Either through Non-Verbal Command, Chat, or Name Plate.
Crew Roster changes can be made up until 48hrs before the Event starts.
Officials have to be notified for those changes (via Twitter, the Forums or Discord).
The Crew name is a vital component when it comes to search for your submissions on Twitter, which is why it is important for each Crew to have a Unique Name.
4 x SEA OF THIEVES LEGENDARY NECKLACE by Sea Of Thieves Community Member FOXDIE
8 x SPINAL FIGUREHEAD
4 x OBSIDIAN SIX ITEM SET
2 x 14-Days XBOX LIVE GOLD
6 x SPINAL FIGUREHEAD
6 x HUNTRESS FIGUREHEAD
4 X SPINAL FIGUREHEAD
4 X HUNTRESS FIGUREHEAD
The Fortune Union doesn't disappoint!
VII. How do we provide the Proof Of Completion?
At least one Person of each Crew is required to have a Twitter account (preferably the person taking the screenshots/videos as proof of their Riddle solving).
Participants submit their solution to a Riddle via Twitter (either video or screenshot).
It is important that each Tweet consists of the following:
[The Riddle the solution is for]
[Attached screenshot or video as proof]
FOR XBOX ONE PLAYERS
How to set up Twitter Sharing on Xbox One:
- Press the GUIDE/XBOX BUTTON on your controller.
- Navigate to complete right-end and open settings.
- Press the RIGHT BUMPER, and navigate to the System, and then select settings.
- Go to Account > Linked Social Accounts > Twitter.
- When you click on this, you will have to sign-in with your Twitter account to approve sharing on behalf of Xbox.
How to share to Twitter from Xbox One:
- Press the XBOX BUTTON on your controller, and it will open the Guide Menu.
- Right at the end of the guide menu, you will notice a couple of options.
- Long Press the VIEW BUTTON on the controller to open Capture options.
- This will list all the Recent Captures you have till now. It also includes details of how many days ago you took that screenshot.
- Select the screenshot which you want to share, and press A BUTTON.
- This will open a Share Panel where you will have a lot of options including Share, Upload to OneDrive, set as Background, Rename, Delete and more from this game. The names are self-sufficient on what they do.
- Select Share and press the A BUTTON. Select Twitter from the list.
- Xbox One will generate a shared link to the media file, which anybody can see, and preview on Twitter. You can now add the required information (Teamname, Riddle) and hashtags before sharing.
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!