Should Duke be in Every Tavern?

• Ahoy Mates!
    You know as much as like Duke and all, I'm not the biggest fan of how he's able to be at every outpost I go to.
    Duke

So today, I'm asking the community an age old question:

Should Duke be at every Outposts?

I'd personally like to see some more Bilge Rats aside from Duke in the Taverns.
    Anyways mates let me know your answers, until then see ya on the seas!
    Mercenary Ship

Views
  • @sgt-palooggoo Duke is the new Santa.

• @ghosts0ap This ones tricky. It would be unfortunate to log in and be across map when new content is dropped involving duke. And how would we know where to go to find duke for any thing related to him if not? I however agree that I would like to see more adventures aside from Duke. But we need know where to find him (or them). In addition, if at some point we are able to rebuy dabloon cosmetics duke had offered previously... I think it would be a cool idea to let duke have a friend that we have to find to purchase those item from. A riddle? A hint? Somebody we have to find!

• Fun fact: they're actually identical septuplets and their second name is Duke... XD

• @realstyli I like the way you think! "Duke: You need to find my friend duke."

• @ghosts0ap said in Should Duke be in Every Tavern?:

@realstyli I like the way you think! "Duke: You need to find my friend duke."

XD

It would actually be more hilarious if it was the same Duke in every tavern but he wore a very poor disguise (like a fake nose and moustache) to make us think he was a different person!

• @realstyli If this becomes a thing.. I feel like we should write his dialogue XD.

• Aye, give us a Debra, Danny, or Don. Definitely different bilge rats would be delightful.

• I kinda look at it as a bit comical, and I think that's why they did it that way (as you note, every mysterious stranger is different... every tavern keep is different, etc).

I see it as "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU EVERYWHERE I GO?"

Kinda fits the SoT comedy theme :)

• Yes that Duke think confused me since the Hungering deep, I don’t like it that he’s sitting in every Tavern! Where’s Bilge Rat Rob or Bilge Rat Betty?

• They were probably worried about having to change 6 different npcs in various ways every 2 weeks, when they first added him.

• Just sharing this, but that was 7 months ago, looks like they are still not ready!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/921uzw/patch_notes_discussion_118/e33nw16/

• @skulliah wow 7 months ago.... Rare is kinda known for their really slow devs at this point though lol

• @skulliah said in Should Duke be in Every Tavern?:

Just sharing this, but that was 7 months ago, looks like they are still not ready!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/921uzw/patch_notes_discussion_118/e33nw16/

7 months ago, geee...
    Well, if they can't find any voice actors for the other Bilge Rats, then heck I'll have to volunteer my voice!

• @betsill I guess NPCs for the Sea Posts and Devil's Roar were more important

@Sgt-Palooggoo hahaha would love to hear that :D

• @skulliah hehe, they'd have to send me proper recording equipment though. 😆

• @skulliah If only they had something that could randomly generated pirates that they could use....

• @betsill aye, like an infinite pirate generator or something...

• @sgt-palooggoo ...or a trip to Twycross :P

• @skulliah
    Hey, not a bad idea!

• I think it'd be awesome to see more Bilge Rats around the world. I definitely think each tavern should have it's own unique Bilge Rat. It was always a little odd that Duke was in EVERY tavern but then again I grew up with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny so I guess I'm used to it.

Here's hoping they add more Bilge Rats some time this year! Maybe when the Bilge Rat Adventures return!

• @sgt-palooggoo we need more than duke in every bar

• @ghosts0ap said in Should Duke be in Every Tavern?:

@ghosts0ap This ones tricky. It would be unfortunate to log in and be across map when new content is dropped involving duke. And how would we know where to go to find duke for any thing related to him if not?

Oh sorry mate, I should've been more clear with my post.
    What I'm asking here is: should there be more Bilge Rat Characters besides Duke.
    So for example you'd go to Acient Spire Outpost and Duke would be there, then you'd sail to Plunder Outpost and there'd be a Bilge Rat named 'Dillion' who is a different character model from Duke.
    But he'd still sell the time limited stuff and all.

Hope that clears things up! 👍

• There is a reason Duke can be at every outpost. And you DON'T want to know what it is.

Trust me. Don't look into it. Don't question it. Don't even THINK about it.

Nothing awaits you there but the howling chasm of madness! They're all Duke because Duke is all!!

Duke is all!

Duke is all....

https://media3.giphy.com/media/cEOG7nGA7448M/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7def402f78355177533840

• I kinda just figured that cause he's such a wily veteran adventurer with crazy mad sailing skills that he just beats me to every outpost I go to.

:D

• @VacaHombre hombre said in Should Duke be in Every Tavern?:

There is a reason Duke can be at every outpost. And you DON'T want to know what it is.

Trust me. Don't look into it. Don't question it. Don't even THINK about it.

Nothing awaits you there but the howling chasm of madness! They're all Duke because Duke is all!!

Duke is all!

Duke is all....

https://media3.giphy.com/media/cEOG7nGA7448M/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7def402f78355177533840

What's gotten into you sailor?
    Snap out of it!
    Duke is just a man, nothing more!
    I'm gonna look into this!

• @sgt-palooggoo I don't mind him being omnipresent at the moment as it adds to his uniqueness, but as others have said I think it is time for Duke to have siblings, or at least for them to announce they are brothers or some such!
    I can see what others have said about the logistics should you need a new Duke item, but that could have been so easily fixed with the IPG for multiple Bilge Rats - we know they are out there, yet all we have seen of them is Duke, Derrick and Merrick - three men did not make those thrones, those beacons and all the other stuff we have seen!

• In each of the outposts sits one of the famous Duke sextuplets.

• @sgt-palooggoo said in Should Duke be in Every Tavern?:

What's gotten into you sailor?
    Snap out of it!
    Duke is just a man, nothing more!
    I'm gonna look into this!

-reaches out weakly to departing figure, voice a hoarse whisper-

No.... you fool...

You brave, brave fool....

• @vacahombre
    You were right, I shouldn't have investigated it...
    alt text

I can never unlearn what I just learned!
    Ghostly Wale

Views
7 out of 30