Possible new Mercenary Items Coming?

• Ahoy Mates!
    In a recent Developer Update Video Joe Neate mentioned that they will be adding the contents of the Mercenary pack to the shops in the near future.
    Mercenary Pack
    The pack contains a set of Clothing, a Sword, a Compass and a Flintlock.
    If ya ask me that's not enough cosmetics to justify adding em to the shops.

So you know want I think Rare is going to do?
    Their going to add a full Mercenary set with all the Equipment and Weapons.

You wanna why I think this?

Well because, as most of us know, the Mercenary Cosmetics are in fact a color change of the Onyx, Obsidian and Black Dog cosmetics.
    Black Dog Set
    EoR, Spyglass, Speaking Trumpet, Lantern
    Ebon Flintlock
    Midnight Blunderbuss
    Onyx Set

(FYI: There is no difference between the Onyx, Obsidian, Midnight, Ebon and Black Dog cosmetics, they are all part of the same set.
    The only difference between them is their names.)

With this knowledge in mind nothing is really preventing them from making more Mercenary Items. (Aside from changing the colors on some Obsidian Items)

So don't be surprised when ya see Rare adding a Mercenary Drum, Spyglass, Bucket, Hurdy-Gurdy, Blunderbuss, Lantern, Shovel and Speaking Trumpet when they add the Mercenary Pack to the shops!

Anyways mates, do think we'll be seeing more Mercenary Cosmetics in the future?
    Let me know what ya think mates, until then see ya on the seas!
    Green Gem

Views
  • @sgt-palooggoo Ahoy there! They are releasing this set to everyone because initially it was supposed to be given out to new players that played in Friends Play Free event using codes from players that already had the game. The set was a limited time promo from quite a while ago, that you would get if you subscribed to Xbox gold for 3 months or something like that. So of course not many people had this set because the promotion was available only in certain regions. Many people complained about not being fair that new players will get this set and that's why they will make it available for everyone, which is kinda bad news for players that had it since the promotion thingy.

alt text

• @biostructr
    Aye, I was aware of this.
    But I'm just pointing out that when they add the Mercenary Set they may make additional cosmetics for the set.
    Such as a Blunderbuss, Speaking Trumpet, EoR, Hurdy-Gurdy etc.

• @sgt-palooggoo I don't think they will, but could be possible, anyways we will be getting more cosmetics with the mega update, I am waiting to see what exactly because I am so curious!

• @biostructr
    Aye same here, I'm hoping for new customization options, such as Vests!

• Vests, more "regular clothing" and maybe ability to remove the 5 oclock shadows? =)

To play a role as a simple merchant alliance voyager, you should be more proper and not have tattered clothing, none of that ruffian stuff. Your tools most used are the timepiece, compass, and spyglass. Your weapon is your speaking trumpet and navigation, avoiding would be thieves. Shovels are for simpletons, you only have the finest of goods to deliver.

• @sgt-palooggoo I just wish we could get stuff for accomplishing certain tasks sorta like the bilge-rat adventures, but more fleshed out. It would be so much cooler and immersive if we could turn in that green gem for a piece of the obsidian,ebony, etc set. Turning everything in for gold and buying everything for gold makes the game feel so tedious and inconsequential. It completely wastes the assets that already exist in game as well as future assets(since everything new is essentially just a visually altered chest, skull, or banana crate.). Why not collect gems, lava gems, shark fins, kraken eye, bones, etc for unique sets that can only be made with them? It would give the game so much more depth and meaning to the activities you do. Instead of: "I want this set so i'll just buy it with gold/earn more gold in the most efficient way"
    you could have: "I really like the bone crusher set! I'll start up a OOS voyage to kill skeletons and colect their bones."

• @betsill yeah I had this Idea with Skeleton Lords as example, when you defeat the First Gold Hoarder or Cpt Flameheart x times your getting an cool exclusive Outfit or Ship livery’s!

• It would be cool to get some more cosmetics with the set.

• @king-deka said in Possible new Mercenary Items Coming?:

@betsill yeah I had this Idea with Skeleton Lords as example, when you defeat the First Gold Hoarder or Cpt Flameheart x times your getting an cool exclusive Outfit or Ship livery’s!

I'd be down for that!

• @sgt-palooggoo I hope they'll do it!!!
    I do love the Black dog/Ebony/onyx design. I'd love to have a full set of the Mercenary as well!

• @nunoazuldimeter Aye same here mate!
    You know saying Ebon/Onyx/Obsidian/Black Dog every time we wanna talk about that set is little bit exhausting.

We need a shorter term for the set... maybe the Black Obsidian set?

• @sgt-palooggoo Black Ebonyxidian Set! xD

• @nunoazuldimeter
    Hehehehe, how bout the Black Ebon Dog Set!

Views
11 out of 14