Skull & Bones... TV Show?

• Ahem... really?

The bit I get from this article is...

"There’s no release date yet for Skull and Bones show, just like how the game doesn’t have one yet either."

Guess we will wait & see :)

The Game
    Not one I'm waiting around for, but I probably have a look at it... when & if.
    Yeah... everyone's a Pirate ship!, it might be fun enough to be fair :)
    The TV Show
    Well... I like Piratey things, Black Sails etc... so may be worth a look.

Views
  • I'm kinda looking forward to this game, not as a replacement for SoT at all but just to relive the good old days of playing Multiplayer matches of Pirates on my X-box with 3 friends :-P

• @piratecraggy It's not unheard of to see a TV show with a game.
    Defiance did it quite well to be honest and I really enjoyed both - though the TV show was miles better than the game!

You used to see events from the TV show, as well as characters pop up in your game, whereas the TV show seemed to talk a lot less about things happening in the game. Ark falls were a lot more frequent in the game as well!

• @sshteeve

Yeah I know... just a little unexpected more so than anything I guess.
    I'm sure it will have a good success, otherwise they wouldn't be putting it forward.
    We will just have to wait & see... Game & TV... when they drop.

Pretty good idea, if they can do it right.

• It's just a bit odd to release info on this after the game has been delayed and info on the game sparse...

It just doesn't feel right to me...

• @musicmee

Well...
    It's from one source... is this the phrase "Fake News" I have heard a little about?
    I get that feeling too a bit :)

edit - update- had a quick look...
    It has been picked up by others ... so probably true enough.

Hollywood Reporter, Den of Geek, IGN to name a few

Hollywood Reporter Article
    IGN ARTICLE

• @piratecraggy I loved the assassins creed pirate games so for me personally I won’t let my love for SoT stop me enjoying other games about pirates.
    I personally think like Atlas, it will have very little in common with SoT besides sharing a similar theme.

I would be open to watching a new pirate series also but then are we still not waiting for that halo one? What’s it been like 10 years haha so I won’t hold my breath 😂

• @sshteeve said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

@piratecraggy It's not unheard of to see a TV show with a game.

Well according to the Hollywood Reporter Article.

The TV show is coming first

"In a unique move, the video game company's film and television department will develop the pirate drama with Atlas Entertainment before the game its based on has been released."

Hollywood Reporter Article

• @piratecraggy What’s that shooter game which has a TV show running along side it, gahh I think it begins with “D” lol

I’m pretty sure they intertwine events and things from the game and series together which is pretty clever and cool!

Edit: Defiance!! that’s it, although I’ve only heard about it never seen it lol

• @knifelife

Yeah.. pretty cool! Probably explains all lot re. the delays & everything. It's all starting to make sense :)

• Announced a TV show about a game that we dont know much about or even a release.....

• @jangles87

Yip... It's a strange way to go about things.
    They have their reasons... no doubt.

• @knifelife said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

@piratecraggy What’s that shooter game which has a TV show running along side it, gahh I think it begins with “D” lol

I’m pretty sure they intertwine events and things from the game and series together which is pretty clever and cool!

Hee Hee, did you miss my post Knife? ☺️

@sshteeve said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

Defiance did it quite well to be honest and I really enjoyed both - though the TV show was miles better than the game!

• @piratecraggy

Another pirate TV series would be nice. I have no interest in the game though. I want to be a pirate going on adventures, telling tales with a ship and not just a ship.

I loved Black Sails. Would have like a better ending. At least Captain Flint was reunited with his love. Not the best place for a reunion. Hoped there would be a movie, if not another season to continue it. I would have liked to seen Captain Flint escape with him. They go get the treasure. Right the wrongs done. Live happily ever after on the high seas.

• @sshteeve said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

@knifelife said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

@piratecraggy What’s that shooter game which has a TV show running along side it, gahh I think it begins with “D” lol

Hee Hee, did you miss my post Knife? ☺️

@sshteeve said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

Yepp! Paha i promise I’m not so self absorbed allll the time 😂

• @piratecraggy Yeah I saw this yesterday, I don't know what to say about the tv show announcement. Saw the gamplay trailer for the game and the cinematic as well. They look pretty good. Maybe they need more attention or something.

• What i've seen until didnt make me interested, but TV show is welcome.
    I actually started to watch Black Sails the second time.
    When i watched it the first time i didnt like it that much in the beginning, but i continue watching and later i loved it.
    And now i'm watching it again :-P

• @x-crowheart-x

Yip..really love Black sails.
    I want to go back & watch it now, has been a moment or two.
    A fair bit I have forgotten no doubt, a lot of choice these days, I seem to go from one box set to the next.
    I binge a fair bit TV... don't think really for me it's the best way to watch back to back... but I end up doing it anyway :)
    Watched GoT's, Christmas Past over the week... that was a marathon and a half.

edit: Black Sails... nearly forgot....truly awesome title music.
    Can't forget to mention that.!!!!!

• It's a Ubisoft game... Possibly it will be an adaptation of the Assassins Creed Black Flag where 90% of the shown content in the trailers will suffer downgrade.

• Ooh , i remember a few years ago, there was a foreign Pirate that had broken in into the cellars of Ubisoft and who found a box that had the title " Game that will leech on Sea of Thieves ' succes" .i oops , the foreigner opened the box and saw Skull and Bones ...Okay , Black Flag in muliplayer , pfft that is not even competition, the foreigner closed the box and left ...Years later he was send on a secret mission to find out what Atlas meant...He was almost caught , Atlas programmers heard a manic laugh and the foreigner narrowly escaped because he couldn't run since he couldn't hold his laugh...

Let them make a series , they will need it to get out of their development costs...If Rare would make a game based game , together with those many Talented Brits actors and actrices , then SOT would put Black Sails in a Darkness coming from a huge shadow of Creativity that would outmatch any other series ....Can i play banana ,please?

• Eh, most Ubisoft games in recent memory launch in very "meh" states, takes months or years to fix, and either only then become decent, or bomb. And their track record with live action story tellin' ain't nothin' to brag about either.

My money's on; Mediocre game, many balance flaws, followed by a worse, discount Black Sails.

@x-crowheart-x said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

@piratecraggy

I loved Black Sails. Would have like a better ending. At least Captain Flint was reunited with his love.

Or was he? The ending was delightfully ambiguous. Black Sails was a prequel to Treasure Island, which tells a story with puzzle pieces that don't exactly line up with where Black Sails left off.
    It's woven into Black Sails story, that maybe Long John Silver made some, or all of it up.

The ending can be interpreted in a few different, interesting ways. Lots of fans find comfort in one scenario, over the other. So if there's something you dislike about it, keep in mind that you can find another meaning, no less true, if you look hard enough.

• @piratecraggy I'd love a sea of thieves show as well. 😞
    The cinematic trailers are sooooo good.

• @nunoazuldimeter

You're not wrong, here's hoping.
    Joe what you reckon? @The3SheetsNeate
    I'm not expecting a response, but you never know, the talent is busy :)

• @x-crowheart-x said in Skull & Bones... TV Show?:

Hoped there would be a movie, if not another season to continue it. I would have liked to seen Captain Flint escape with him. They go get the treasure. Right the wrongs done. Live happily ever after on the high seas.

Arr I was a bit too sleepy last night when I read through here, missed this part.

Aye a movie would have been, or even still could be, incredible. Though, the beauty of Black Sails is that your version of a happy ending lives with you, and brings you that closure.

The book itself, while still ambiguous in places, offers some of the answers Black Sails fans had left. And they might not be the answers every fan thought they would be.

Views
22 out of 24