THE SNIPER

• i reckon since we cant hipfire with it they should definately increase the speed of aiming down sights, its actually so slow especially in combat, half the time i shoot before i actually aim down sights just because it takes too long. would really like it if you could aim down sights alot faster now that hipfire doesnt work.

Views
  • @d4m0r3d said in THE SNIPER:

i reckon since we cant hipfire with it they should definately increase the speed of aiming down sights, its actually so slow especially in combat, half the time i shoot before i actually aim down sights just because it takes too long. would really like it if you could aim down sights alot faster now that hipfire doesnt work.

It's meant for shooting long distances, they increased the speed of the bullets making it easier to hit targets far away. If I get sniped while on a cannon I have to stop and eat bananas because I know the next shot will kill me.
    I think the sniper is fine where it's at.

• @zormis yea true, i guess i just miss using the thing close range

• @d4m0r3d Sniper should not be used at close range regardless. It is a long, cumbersome weapon that would be difficult to use in close quarters, and should have the time to aim down sights be where it is, since you have to prepare your shot. We don't need to have quickscoping at melee range be a thing. Want a close range weapon? stick to the blunderbuss or, god forbid, the sword.

• I totally agree with @Zormis and @Necrolythe !

• so, you know hip fire is ineffective, and now you want fast aim to make it effective again....Where are you going with this? Use the pistol. Hip fire works, 50% damage and sword....

working as intended in my opinion.

• @necrolythe ewww not the blunderbuss nah, il just stick to the pistol, im just gonna miss using the sniper close range

• I think the weapons work fine as they are.

• If you increase the speed of aiming people will be able to get around the double shot

• I think that EoR hip fire needed to be adjested, but I don't like the way it has been implemented in this change.
    I envisaged something like: the farther the targer is the less accurate the hip fire becomes, for instance, if you are almost hand-to-hand to an enemy, it physically makes sense that the hip fire is accurate, namely that it hits the target, if the target is far, for instance on another boat or on the other side of the hull, it makes sense that the hip fire is inaccurate and that you my miss it.
    The idea is to link the hip fire accuracy to the distance from the target in a gradual fashion, in this way it would also reflect what happens from the physical point of view.

• Not meant as an insult, but I feel like anyone who complains about the hip fire change to the EoR used it as a crutch to compensate for shoddy melee skills, current OP cutlass meta notwithstanding. The EoR is supposed to be the long range weapon in the game. The only reason people used it up close was for the reliability of 70% damage to someone's health. If you want to hip fire something, the blunderbuss is purpose built for that and does more damage. The pistol is a happy middle ground between both. Complaining about EoR hip fire accuracy makes as much sense as complaining you can't hit far away targets with the blunderbuss.

• @killthulhu19k said in THE SNIPER:

Not meant as an insult, but I feel like anyone who complains about the hip fire change to the EoR used it as a crutch to compensate for shoddy melee skills

• @d4m0r3d uh you can turn up the sensitivity on that weapon, I think that works for any platform right?

• That hipfire nerf was no joke xD they may as well just remove the hip fire and let me hit people with it xD

• @d4m0r3d imo the hipfire's pretty balanced, the only thing it needs is stopping power (a little knockback) to make it feel like a big heavy hitting weapon again. Cause come on if I scope a guy on a ladder he should fall off.

Views
9 out of 16