Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments

• Apologies for formatting and grammar but some interesting info in this stream. I'm sure we'll be getting more and more interesting tid bits as we approach March 20th.

42:00 – Jon asks what everyone is working on.

42:40 – Shelly is working on Merchant Alliance, comments that MA isn’t that profitable. Working on making cargo a lot more tempting, cargo value is doubled, distance is shorter, difficulty of handling crates has been made easier. Animals will see a rise in about 50% profitability.

44:13 – Joe is working on tweeting photos of dogs, had a good dog photo tweet the other day. Pets animation is looking great. “Doing a little jig when you do a little jig” Joe said as Shelly chimes “Sssspoilers”. (Seems like pets will mimic your emotes)

E3 – Planning on what to do then beyond the Mega Update. [[[[[E3 Confirmed! lul]]]]]

Joe’s only pre-requisite for pets was to be able to fire them out of cannons. “The only debate we’ve had a little bit internally, is like, should being hit by a pet fired out of a cannon do any damage, whats so ever? Because, cause is it technically paid to win if you get killed by, like, a flying parrot”. Shelly - “I think we landed on like 1 damage so that your screen flashes red”. Joe – “and the chance if you were on that slither of health and actually got killed by someone’s pet it would be amazing. You would happily like that, paid to laugh.”

Q: Charity Microtransactions for special cosmetics is something along Rare team’s values. Wouldn’t rule it out, but would have to figure out the logistics behind it.

1:17:00 – Q: Will there ever be a detailed statistic available to view? Joe is not a fan of Kill ratios or counters since they tend to drive game play chasing stats. Joe also doesn’t know if they are even tracking those details.

1:20:00 – Q: Are all of the developers working on the Mega Update or a dev team working on something beyond? Joe – Everyone is working on the Mega Update right now currently. MEGA KEG UPDATE! Joe wanted to call it “The Loot Box” in terms of the update name, but no one would let him. “Pieces of Great” was Joe’s Shrouded Spoils name recommendation.
    There are a few teams working on new player boarding experience, QoL, Mercenary Voyages as well. Nearly all the team is working on the Mega Update.

Joe wants them to do a better job at the little events between the bigger updates continuing to engage players during the wait time.

Arena is in Pioneers as of last week. Early testing and feedback. New quest stuff is going out to pioneers. They also have plans soon to have pioneers to become opt-in.

Lots of inside information about the details of the new additions from the Mega Update will arrive between March 20th Trailer Release and the actual date of the release.

1:28:00 – Q: Have all the secrets in the world been found already? Joe – With every update we sneak things into the world, especially now that we’re heading into the Mega Update, like this big puzzling gap in the front of the ship. Joe “This gap really DRAWS me over for some reason smirking at his word choice” (1:29:48)

1:30:00 – We’ve seen some underwater cavern being built up. Joe “What could that be hmm”

1:41:29 – Q: Will we ever have the ability to change ship type at the shipwright within the game without losing progress? Joe – “I think it’s something we want to do eventually but it’s actually more involved piece of work then it seems initially.” They have other things they are working on like the Mega Update they are concentrating on, but it’s a more involved project to get it done.

1:44:00 – We’ve been working on the Devil’s Roar Skelly Fort. Hoping to get that out to players soon. You get mostly ashen loot.

1:45:00 – Is there plans to introduce a new large creature like Meg/Kraken/Skelly Ship. Shelly – Not at the moment, but wouldn’t rule it out in the future. Joe – And there’s a little more focus on some land things at the moment as well, aren’t there, little things to spice up the island life, yaaaaaaa.” Shelly “Yaaa, cooking up some great stuff” (1:46:29)

1:53:00 – Super heated water glitch not being able to access barrels and the like? We’re are working on it and or will look into it to make sure we are.

Views
  • Arena is in pioneer testing that are good News! Joe said 3-4 Weeks pioneer testing so on 20th March Arena will be released and later that Day the Announcement for the Adventure Content Update Win/Win!

• @marius said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

Joe’s only pre-requisite for pets was to be able to fire them out of cannons. “The only debate we’ve had a little bit internally, is like, should being hit by a pet fired out of a cannon do any damage, whats so ever? Because, cause is it technically paid to win if you get killed by, like, a flying parrot”. Shelly - “I think we landed on like 1 damage so that your screen flashes red”. Joe – “and the chance if you were on that slither of health and actually got killed by someone’s pet it would be amazing. You would happily like that, paid to laugh.”

This gave me the LOLS big time!

• I have seen the stream but only a little, my mind is blown!
    Thank you for the info, i hope that we wont wait for long after the announcment we cant wait anymore for crazy contnet.

• @theunionjames said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

Glad to hear about plans to make Pioneers opt in. I always thought the Pioneer requirements were a little heavy handed and it's better to give people who actually want to join the opportunity to than to just select them randomly.

So long as there is some vetting to the process.
    Whilst I have been very vocal about my desire to be a Pioneer, I wouldn't want some of the exclusivity to be lost with every Tom, Richard and Harry being able to take part if they choose to.

I think a little trimming of the fat, culling of the heard, separating the wheat from the chaff is in order as well, as I know full well that there are "Pioneers" amongst the current 7700 that are either inactive, or duplicate accounts for folks.

• Great news about the pioneers! Been wanting to see a change like this for a long time! :D

It also seems the pets are shaping up to be a in addition into the world. It’s going to be interesting to see how they are fully implemented and what they are capable of.

And my god I’m glad they are going going to look at the superheated water glitch. It truly is the worst when it gets you! 😂

• @mr-dragon-raaar said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

@sshteeve I find it strange that you as a Boatswain are not a Pioneer.
    Obviously you put a lot of time into the game/forums and so your feedback would be greatly valued.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. In fact there are two (maybe 3 now?) who currently own the Boatswain title who are not Pioneer.
    I will apply like everyone else and see what comes from it.

• @sshteeve While no one actually knows how pioneers are selected I believe it is done in an automated way, where boatswains are hand selected. Which is why no one has been given the badge since khaleesi left. :)

• @knifelife said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

@sshteeve While no one actually knows how pioneers are selected I believe it is done in an automated way, where boatswains are hand selected. Which is why no one has been given the badge since khaleesi left. :)

I know this matey!

• Great recap! I feel like this stream they were very vocal about the future. Can't wait for the Mega Update!

• @sshteeve Sorry. It was just a general reply to the conversation, meant no offence. I should have tagged dragon aswell. :/

• @knifelife no offence taken whatsoever fella! Just merely agreeing with you. KBot is sadly missed around these parts I feel...

• Can't wait for those Merchant Alliance adjustments to take effect.

• @knifelife said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

@sshteeve While no one actually knows how pioneers are selected I believe it is done in an automated way, where boatswains are hand selected. Which is why no one has been given the badge since khaleesi left. :)

I noticed I was invited in a chat message....... which I never checked before, It was asking me to join Boatswains but since she left it dont look like I can get added now. She did ask me to join though, which I would have.........
    if I noticed message before she left that is..

• @barnacle-blake Maybe if you have a screenshot of the invite message you could raise a support ticket and they may be able to add you through that mate.

It’s probably really easy to give the badge but they don’t have a community manager currently so are probably waiting untill someone takes the roll before they resume.

That’s my guess anyway :)

• @knifelife Not bad Idea I did poke a deck hand on it. Just showed them the Below:

khaleesibot
    Ahoy there! We at Rare are always on the lookout for honour bound pirates who have good seamanship and take the Pirate Code to heart. We have created a new group in our official communities to honour and celebrate those who display such positive traits! This group, called the Boatswains will bear the mark of a star on the Forum, and a different colour in Discord to signal to all who see them that they are pirates of exemplary standing!

We would like to invite you to become a Boatswain!

This new title has no responsibilities, or duties, we just want you to continue being the awesome pirate that you are! If this is something you’d like to be part, please let me know and I’ll add you to the group!

All the best!

I may send the ticket and see, I know they are busy so didnt want to be a bother but I may send it up.

Thanks for idea

• @Barnacle-Blake

I may send the ticket and see, I know they are busy so didnt want to be a bother but I may send it up.

Spoken like a true boatswain I’m sure! :P
    Might aswell have a go, you have nothing to lose. :)

• @knifelife You talked me into it : ) ticket sent... Thanks @KnifeLife

• Seriously... I can't wait for moments like this...

• @sshteeve That's pay to win!!! 😂😂😂

• @skulliah said in Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The More the Merrier - Noted Highlights, Questions, Comments:

@sshteeve That's pay to win!!! 😂😂😂

Unless they have that 1 hp left somehow and I hit them! 😂

• @marius

Huge thanks for putting this together, we know there are a lot o' pirates who appreciate a text summary, or who missed the stream :)

• @katttruewalker very true Katt, I always appreciated it when you did the same for us or @Musicmee as well.

• @sshteeve A little insight into my life... I would do the write-up but I now wash the pots when the stream is on and this keeps me going :)

But aye, many many thanks @marius for putting this together. It's always handy to look back and work out everything that was leaked!

• @Marius 50% increase to animals! I think thats a bit much lol that means you could 2000 g off a golden animal.
    Are they actually made of gold??😕

• @musicmee aye I usually try and watch whilst cooking on an evening!

• It would be nice if cargo actually counted as a voyage. I’m working on the commendation for merchant voyages completed and I frequently have to find a new server due to the merchant only having 3 cargo quests. Pretty frustrating.

• @major-bones it's an issue with how they work. Because the voyage is effectively done once you collect all the cargo, it would be open to a load of abuse for people commendation hunting.

• @sshteeve You could change it to where it completes once all items are turned in. That’s essentially how merchant voyages work now.

• @major-bones You could, but that would break the purpose of them, which is to be able to run them as you run other voyages.

I am sure there is a simple fix - a boolean variable to track from False to True when all the items from the delivery have been handed in.
    Though then we have the potential for breaking the game if you picked up X number of cargo runs, as suddenly the game has to track all of those at once for you.

• @sshteeve Yeah. I am glad merchant is getting looked at. There's a reason why its many people's least favorite faction. Luckily in 125 more merchant voyages it wont matter anymore!

Views
4 out of 31