Evidence for Ship Lantern Customisation

• Ahoy Mates!
    When Shrouded Spoils launched away back in November of last year, it introduced us to the idea of expanded ship customisation.
    Expanded Ship Customisation

It added Customisable Cannons, Captans and Helms with quite the positive reception from the community.
    However it seems Pirates want to customize their ships even more.
    Lately I've seen many threads asking for customisable Captain's Cabins, Ship Lanterns, Helm Compasses and more.

However for most of those requests I haven't been able to find much evidence for them being added in the near future.
    Except for Ship Lantern Customisation.
    Lantern

If you look through the Tales from the sea of Thieves book you'll notice that one of the pages has different styles of ship lanterns on it:
    Book screen shot

And since alot of the stuff in the book has been added to the game since the book's release, it could mean that this image is some sort of tease.

Additionally another piece of 'evidence' I have for ship lantern customisation is that the wreckage of the Shrouded Breaker has different lanterns than the standard ones that you usually find on wrecks:
    On
    Off

This might be Rare hinting at Ship Lantern Customisation Coming in the future.

Rare aslo has made quite alot of different lantern designs for the ones we carry with us where ever we go.
    So it's not unrealistic to assume they may have aslo designed some ship lanterns as well.
    Either way only time will tell, but if it's announced for the Mega Update or something else, remember that you heard it hear first mates.

Anyways mates, do you think ship lantern customisation is coming or not?
    And would you even want ship lantern customisation? (I don't see why ya wouldn't)
    Let me know what ya think mates... until then see ya on the seas!
    alt text

Views
  • I would love to have ship customization expanded on further! But, in my opinion they should get a few more cosmetics out for the capstan, wheel, and cannons before worrying about other completely new elements. We will see in the mega update though, you never know we could both get what we want! Also, the golden age of piracy is yet to come ;)

• @Blustar101
    Well mate, I think your desire will be granted at least for the Royal Sovereign capstan and helm. ;-)
    alt text
    alt text

We're yet to see the Cannons though.

• First off I want to say a well put together post! Awesome work!

I agree that the lantern will most likely make it to game as it's a highly visible part of the ship and make sense to be able to change them. I hope they add more cannons and wheels, particularly the hunter set would be nice to have.

• @der-chef17 said in Evidence for Ship Lantern Customisation:

First off I want to say a well put together post! Awesome work!

Thanks mate, I try to make my threads as fun/informative as possible.

I agree that the lantern will most likely make it to game as it's a highly visible part of the ship and make sense to be able to change them. I hope they add more cannons and wheels, particularly the hunter set would be nice to have.

Aye, I want to see the Hunter set get completed too, along with the Ghost, Bilge Rat and Forsaken Ashes sets as well.

• Nicely put together post! At the risk of sounding naive, what is the "Mega Update" ?

• @yourenowontv said in Evidence for Ship Lantern Customisation:

Nicely put together post! At the risk of sounding naive, what is the "Mega Update" ?

Thanks mate, I'm glad ya liked it!

As for your question: The Mega Update is a huge update that Rare is currently working on, they'll be announcing when it's coming out on the 20th of March.
    The Arena, Pets, the new quest system and more will be coming in with the update when it launches.
    I hope that fills ya in mate!

• @sgt-palooggoo said in Evidence for Ship Lantern Customisation:

As for your question: The Mega Update is a huge update that Rare is currently working on, they'll be announcing when it's coming out on the 20th of March.
    The Arena, Pets, the new quest system and more will be coming in with the update when it launches.
    I hope that fills ya in mate!

Oh cool :) That sounds like even more fun!

• @yourenowontv
    It sure does mate... it sure does.

• @sgt-palooggoo As always, thank you for these posts Sgt. What a discovery this is! I think you're onto something here. Rare is notorious for leaving clues about upcoming features in the game before those features come to light and I think this is a nod to ship lantern customization. For someone like me who's crazy about ship customization this really warms my heart :D although as @Blustar101 said I would like Rare to focus on finishing up some existing sets before adding completely new elements of customization to the game.

It's going to be interesting to see how they go about adding ship lantern customization (if it is something they intend to add). Are we going to have Kraken and Admiral ship lanterns that specifically match the preexisting sets? Or are we going to have generically named / designed ship lanterns that will fit with a wider range of preexisting ship sets?

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves as time goes on!

• @je0rgie-p0rgie said in Evidence for Ship Lantern Customisation:

@sgt-palooggoo As always, thank you for these posts Sgt. What a discovery this is! I think you're onto something here. Rare is notorious for leaving clues about upcoming features in the game before those features come to light and I think this is a nod to ship lantern customization. For someone like me who's crazy about ship customization this really warms my heart :D although as @Blustar101 said I would like Rare to focus on finishing up some existing sets before adding completely new elements of customization to the game.

No problem mate, I enjoy writing em!
    I think Rare is going to finish up the other sets.
    Like we've seen the Royal Sovereign Helm appearing in the game, so if ya ask me that means they definitely have color variations in the works for the existing Cannos, Capstans and helms.

But yeah I do think they should finish up the other sets before adding other ship customisations as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how they go about adding ship lantern customization (if it is something they intend to add). Are we going to have Kraken and Admiral ship lanterns that specifically match the preexisting sets? Or are we going to have generically named / designed ship lanterns that will fit with a wider range of preexisting ship sets?

Knowing Rare It'll probably be individually designed Ship Lanterns for each set.
    That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves as time goes on!

Same here mate, bright days ahead!

Views
4 out of 11