New frozen zone

• Simillar to the devil's roar area I would like to see a frozen/snow area. Voyages would be just as lucrative as the devils roar voyages and the dangers would bee as well. there would be random icebergs that float around and frequent snow storms. Also, you could collect the white flame of fate by dying in a snow storm.

Views
  • @coffeelight5545

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the next new area. Fire and Ice, Yin and Yang.

• white flame comes from being killed by lightning.

but I'm totally down for a small region like this...

...with penguins! lol

• What if next region will have hostile tribes, dangerous wildlife like tigers, rhinos etc. and big dungeons aka ancient ruins, just like secret underwater caves at Ancient isles but way more bigger, dangerous and with loot at the end of the dungeon

• I've been wanting this for awhile as well. If they were to add icebergs, they need to make sure that the base under the water is much larger than what we see and player ships run a greater risk of grounding.

• @coffeelight5545 Would be really cool if they added this kind of biome, there is an artist that made some concepts, you can find his work pretty easy if you search up frozen lands sea of thieves or something like this.

• @tim-static said in New frozen zone:

white flame comes from being killed by lightning.

...with penguins! lol

I am aware that the white flame is aquired by dying by lightning. The official name of the white flame is "The Flame of the Treacherous Weather. Isn't a snow storm considered treacherous weather? The only reason I want to see a snow storm give you this flame is because it's almost impossible to die by lightning.

I want to see a snow and ice region with icebergs that can sink your ship. The flame of fate is just a bonus.

• There has actually been a Fan-made suggestion about this, including art for the area, new animals, weapons, clothes etc.

It is called Frozen Fangs, and it looks friggin' awesome!
    alt text

I'm really hoping Rare took notes and are making it(They have already seen and commented on it saying "Not promising anything, but it looks awesome!")

• That would be cool and like you need to stand around campfires for a bit so you don't freeze to death i mean they did just add a stove and tiny little dots on the top of the water that are icebergs so you have to have someone watching closely

• Ce serais super cool, mais faudrait ajouter des squelettes de glace ce serais cool aussi. Surtout que dans le Devils Roard il aurais put mettre des squelettes de lave pour changer un peut, car nouvelle région c'est aussi de nouveau ennemis. Vous en pensez quoi ?

It would be cool, but you'd have to add ice skeletons, which would be cool too. Especially that in the Roard Devils, he could have changed a little by putting skeletons of lava, because the new region is also new enemies. What do you think ?

• texte du lien

• @danish-crusader said in New frozen zone:

There has actually been a Fan-made suggestion about this, including art for the area, new animals, weapons, clothes etc.

It is called Frozen Fangs, and it looks friggin' awesome!
    alt text

I'm really hoping Rare took notes and are making it(They have already seen and commented on it saying "Not promising anything, but it looks awesome!")

I know it’s just a fan made artwork but that idea and name sounds perfect to me. I hope Rare considers this

• I would love to see a swamp area. also would love to see a mega hard difficult monster area

• This would be a cool feature to add to the game hopefully the developers have a think about it!

• Still against any frozen theme stuff, because i like the carribean flair for a Pirate setting.
    I also dont see we need a bigger Map.
    There is a lot of öfter things i'd prefer over a new Region.

• I hope they will add some new monsters to the game as well because at the moment it is just different types of skeletons and so on.

• @coffeelight5545 Actually if you look up the entire thing, it comes with quest ideas, new factions, new tools for both player and ship and other stuff.
    It is really cool.

• i think the next thing will be an asian zone.

• -Manoeuvring around icebergs and breaking through thin sheets of ice.

• a giant humpback or orca (enemy only when attacked)
    • Small Inuit/Eskimos tribes that throw spears and attack with clubs
      -penguins and seals as the new merchant animals
  • @fearthebeardig said in New frozen zone:

i think the next thing will be an asian zone.

An Asian zone? That just sounds weird. How would you create an Asian zone? A frozen zone makes more sense. Even a swamp zone sounds better than an Asian zone

• The Penguins sound kinda cool too

• We not only need an Snow/Ice/Polar Zone!

We need an Desert Zone
    Sea of The Five Winds
    Sea of The Damned
    An Mermaid Underwater Kingdom

• Cool idea!

• @coffeelight5545 said in New frozen zone:

@tim-static said in New frozen zone:

white flame comes from being killed by lightning.

...with penguins! lol

I am aware that the white flame is aquired by dying by lightning. The official name of the white flame is "The Flame of the Treacherous Weather. Isn't a snow storm considered treacherous weather? The only reason I want to see a snow storm give you this flame is because it's almost impossible to die by lightning.

I want to see a snow and ice region with icebergs that can sink your ship. The flame of fate is just a bonus.

good point. (just saw this reply fyi)

• @biostructr Frozen Fangs :)

• @bugaboo-bill But if you have everything that you want why not to expend it for everyone?
    Its not Minecraft there are no pointless endless space full of landscapes they would design it in the best way that RARE knows.
    And why not? if you want to enjoy the beaches of the Carabbean you have it but we all want more bioms with story and new things to discover.

• @faceyourdemon sagte in New frozen zone:

@bugaboo-bill But if you have everything that you want why not to expend it for everyone?
    Its not Minecraft there are no pointless endless space full of landscapes they would design it in the best way that RARE knows.
    And why not? if you want to enjoy the beaches of the Carabbean you have it but we all want more bioms with story and new things to discover.

I just share my opinion.
    I also want new content and new cosmetics and i wouldnt like it if i have to do it in a frozen, ice ore whatever zone.
    I want Carribean/ Ghost/ Undead flair Pirate Game and nothing else.

There are many who like it so you maybe will get it, i wont refuse to play it, but if it takes the flair away for me i just wouldnt continue playing.
    Same for many other themes or monsters wanted by some of the community.

I just share my opinion to this.

• @bugaboo-bill I didnt told you not to share your opinion, i was only curious.

• @faceyourdemon sagte in New frozen zone:

@bugaboo-bill I didnt told you not to share your opinion, i was only curious.

Didnt felt attacked, all fine :-)

It's just preferences about Pirates settings etc.

I also wouldnt like or are interested in other pirate settings such as Asien Pirates or Vikings what were Pirates and have all that mixed up one day.
    It's about personal aesthetic preferences and because i like it how it is and dont want to take a risk to Mix stuff up and end with a less believable atmosphere when people start with an Ice themed ship at Golden Sands or run around in fur Jackets etc.

• @bugaboo-bill I totally agree that they every content or region for this subject must fit into the game design and atmosphere, its just that i trust RARE to add it properly with a twist and good story.

• @king-deka said in New frozen zone:

We not only need an Snow/Ice/Polar Zone!

We need an Desert Zone
    Sea of The Five Winds
    Sea of The Damned
    An Mermaid Underwater Kingdom

I like the idea of a desert zone too

• @coffeelight5545

Ahoy there lad this is a very popular idea that has been suggested many times. Infact there have been many detailed version of this. One of which is called Frozen Fangs. This as well as many other great and common idea's can be found the Community Idea's Master List.

Btw welcome to the Sea of Theives Forum Community.

• I think they may be making a frozen zone although it hasn’t been confirmed

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/a9ba1m/sea_of_thieves_2019_content_update/

• Small Inuit/Eskimos tribes that throw spears and attack with clubs

• I agree with the modern consensus that a frozen biome is probably not that great an idea, especially given how much of a drag the Devil’s Roar has turned out to be.

I do however think maybe just one big frozen island to the north would be sufficient to scratch the itch some of us have for a frozen area. I don’t know if that would present the same issues for gameplay and servers though. 🤷‍♂️

Views
28 out of 35