Sharks

• The mini sharks are fun to to kill but to make more fun they should drop loot after killing a few sharks does anyone agree.

Views
  • @xx-elite-kb

Not sure if it's an idea for me... ( maybe a special commendation award, for despatching 100's? )
    However on the other hand.. "skellies" I have often thought should occasionally drop bananas. We know they've got them.

• I'd like to see sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. ;)

• I don't know what a shark would drop to be honest. The sharks are there to form a threat in the water. The reward for killing a shark is not being eaten.

I get the feeling that a lot of gamers these days need instant gratification for doing something in a game, it doesn't have to reward anything to be rewarding.

• They added a stove in the last update, maybe we will be getting different kinds of meat and fruit later on.

Shark Meat perhaps?

• @hynieth said in Sharks:

I don't know what a shark would drop to be honest. The sharks are there to form a threat in the water. The reward for killing a shark is not being eaten.

I get the feeling that a lot of gamers these days need instant gratification for doing something in a game, it doesn't have to reward anything to be rewarding.

You hit the nail on the head mate. Todays gamers are all want want want that being said i grew up as a old school gamer, im happy with not being eaten alive when getting back to the ship with booty haha.

• Maybe a sharks skull

• @xx-elite-kb

As a trophy for the Captains cabin wall... I wouldn't be against this.
    Purely for decoration, maybe a part of future ship cosmetics & customisation.

edit: Never really looked at a sharks skull before... think we are all familiar with the Jaws.
    3d model of Great White... looks pretty cool
    Think just the Jaws would sit better.

• @xx-elite-kb yeah I could see this being a cool thing for decoration, as Craggy said. Maybe in future updates, they could make a specific section of the captain's cabin where you can choose what to display, and a shark skeleton/skull/head could be one of the options...that actually does sound pretty cool to me

• Id rather a shark skull of the Meg or maybe even a more rare beast the White Meg not a trophy for the little generic baby sharks do do do :P

• @hynieth said in Sharks:

I don't know what a shark would drop to be honest. The sharks are there to form a threat in the water. The reward for killing a shark is not being eaten.

Yeah, everyone feels entitled to a reward just because they invested any amount of time into something. Nobody seems to just enjoy a gameplay experience anymore. They play for the feeling of a dopamine rush in their brains triggered by getting a reward for every little thing they do.

Yeah its nice to be rewarded for accomplishments in game. I enjoy it as much as anyone else, but I enjoy the game and experience enough that I don't feel like I need to be rewarded for slaying individual sharks or even the Kraken for that matter.

• @jangles87 said in Sharks:

Id rather a shark skull of the Meg or maybe even a more rare beast the White Meg not a trophy for the little generic baby sharks do do do :P

But we would need a bigger boat :)
    Huge....Jaws

• @piratecraggy Hahah or being able to have a trophy room in a Tavern or Cave of your own to show off to people instead.

• @jangles87 said in Sharks:

@piratecraggy Hahah or being able to have a trophy room in a Tavern or Cave of your own to show off to people instead.

I could live with that :D

• maybe in the future it could drop shark teeth or other things relating to fishing, but i dont think we should be getting skelly captain chests from them. maybe 1 gauntlet ever 10th shark

• @piratecraggy that looks amazing that’s what we need

• It’s like killing jaws

• What’s wrong with this community? Why every action need a loot reward? What’s next? Loot for killing snakes? 😒

• @aithemed well, we actually ended up talking about cosmetics and immersion, not loot...

• Maybe so many kills would grant a shark tooth necklace. Otherwise I just kill em before they kill me.

• @vorondil1 you are asking to win a skin or title for every turtle smashed by Mario bros... read your self how is ridiculous, not all the threats deserved a reward. The reward is survive!!

• @aithemed Sure. But I don't have any reason to oppose more cosmetics in a game where cosmetics appear to the main drive for content :)

• @vorondil1 ohh yes the cosmetics is the main goal here I understand that. That’s is not my issue. I we want more cosmetics. Rare should add more in the stores so I can buy it with the money that all we are grinding. That’s definitely we need more cosmetics, buy not by free ! In the stores!

• @aithemed absolutely! But it shouldn't just be locked behind money, then anyone can get it. The really nifty cosmetics are the ones locked behind commendations as well (ie Bone Crusher, Ceremonial Admiral, etc). So maybe some cosmetic options that only open for purchase at the shop once you've done x random things (like killing sharks). Anyway, kinda off-topic here. Just thought that the OP enjoys doing something (killing sharks), and it would be cool if there was a way to get a cosmetic that visually brags "I've killed x sharks." Not really a huge deal, but just a fun, random thing Rare could add.

• @vorondil1 now your suggestion is taking the right direction, cosmetics with money and cosmetics unlocked by commendation and money. This is a idea that definitely I support and the game really lacks. I will make a post of this subject to bring some attention.

• We need some hammerhead sharks to attack rowboats.

• @aithemed hey bud, ready my temporary items. It might give you a few ideas for your thread.

• @pir8life4meva said in Sharks:

I'd like to see sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. ;)

And Monkeys Piloting em!

• @xx-elite-kb said in Sharks:

The mini sharks

😂

• @sgt-palooggoo 👀

Views
23 out of 30