No mic, no match

• I would like an option to be able to match make with players that have mics. I'm tired of playing with people that don't have a mic. This game requires a mic to properly communicate.

Views
  • Rare promised us that the matchmaking would be mic/no mic based at the same time they promised the Open/closed crew option. The open/ closed crew option has been here for months, now we're still waiting for the other promised feature ^_^

• @greasemonkeyss
    That's true ...about the communication.Some only use written comments or the more limited Non Verbal Comms, some even use a computer voice instead of their own voice...Is it shyness or a speechdeficiency , i don't know...As long as there is any form of communication , then it's fine...

Be also aware that many Pirates first " probe" the Crewatmosphere before opening their way of communicating....Sometimes a few minutes of talking in the " emptyness" may trigger someone's daring and trust to return the talking...

• While I understand where you are coming from, I have to disagree here. Fact is, there are plenty of pirates on the seas that have good reasons for no mic. Some of them are simply deaf or mute. Some are extremely shy, to the point of it being clinical. Some as @Clumsy-George are feeling people out first, making sure that they are not going to say something that offends, or that they are in a group of players they are ok being around. And then there are some that simply have a bad mic and no funding to replace it.

To me, as long as they communicate in any form, then I will always be accepting. I know at least one pirate that for things that happened in their past, won't use a mic. But yet he is one of the most capable pirates I know. And he uses the basic chat wheel to perfection.

• @clumsy-george

I actually do this...I mute my mic when I’m logging in to see what types of conversations are going on before I say anything. It’s just easier that way.

• @greasemonkeyss I agree, and I feel like there should be an opposite option as well. You should be able to pick a mic or no mic crew. So many people get put into brig because they don't use mics. I get it, it sucks when a no-mic player joins your crew. But it also really sucks when you don't have / use a mic and get bullied out of every crew you enter.

• I will pass. I would rather have a non-talker than being forced to play with Mr. Mouth-Breather. I also care less about what your vacuum cleaner has to say in the conversation.

Side note, ya'll need push to talk in a bad way.

Views
6 out of 7