Still waiting for the cross play switch

• Me and my friends are still waiting for the cross play option to be added. Hope this will be coming soon.

Views
  • @y0urhandyman likely wont be added till they have finished adding kb/m support for the xbox

• I hope so too. Will be hilarious to watch Xbox users realize they were getting wrecked by other console users, and will have to come to terms with the fact they just suck instead of blaming PC users for all their woes.

• Don't hold your breath, practice to stay alive while you wait.

• @y0urhandyman

Seriously, after the combat rebalance this idea isn't necessary anymore.

Watched pace22 the other day have a hard time doing 1v4. Usually once he's on your boat its over, but now that's not the case.

• @soopavillain420 said in Still waiting for the cross play switch:

I hope so too. Will be hilarious to watch Xbox users realize they were getting wrecked by other console users, and will have to come to terms with the fact they just suck instead of blaming PC users for all their woes.

People like you I won't miss.

• @soopavillain420 said in Still waiting for the cross play switch:

I hope so too. Will be hilarious to watch Xbox users realize they were getting wrecked by other console users, and will have to come to terms with the fact they just suck instead of blaming PC users for all their woes.

https://imgur.com/a/jyK5Bad

• No Xbox player can take me only pc players so tough tt kit. Y’all have fun playing with yourself me and all my Xbox players gave up on this game a while ago. I’ve seen the change from mostly Xbox to mostly pc since y’all can get it in game pass with your 100 gamer score new profiles text chatting while you spawn kill and aim assist with macro. Xbox don’t have type text. Only the text on the chat wheel. You’ll see when you have to only play with other cheaters and hackers

• gonna be like a month

• @y0urhandyman lol do you want type text??? I imagine type texting would be terrible and no one would use it on xbox, would be a good way of getting yourself killed/ sunk. also im sure many xbox players kill you. you are just one of those guys who is like well if hes better than meee hes hacking dahhhh. stop making excuses, and get better. strive to be the very best, and idk what you mean with the aim assist with macro?

• @y0urhandyman

I’ve seen the change from mostly Xbox to mostly pc

Joe Neate recently came out with a new number of percentage of Xbox to PC players. That number was 33-34% percent, so clearly you have no clue what your talking about.

• @nabberwar don't feed him. He has made many wildly inaccurate statements on this thread already. Don't think he's a troll or malicious or anything, but he just doesn't seem super informed, and he doesn't seem super interested in becoming informed. Not worth the argument :)

• @vorondil1
    Agreed, however, the PC crowd already has too much nonsense to debunk. More people will see said nonsense uncontested, thus justifying future reasons to withdraw from crossplay. On the simple grounds of "Why risk playing with those people."

Never have I ever had to deal with so many hacking/cheating claims in my entire Pc gaming career, then I have in this game. The xbox crowd for whatever reason think that cheating is this massive problem in Pc gaming, when it isn't. Most games have anti-cheat measures with rapid response. I can go years without seeing cheaters, the xbox crowd should hear this.

Taking a step of my soapbox now.

• @y0urhandyman Damn I've only got a gamerscore of 29.710 I guess I'm an X-Box player now ^_^

@SoopaVillain420 I agree with you. If I was working at Rare reading all this about Cross play I'd be like: "Turn off Crossplay for a month, just have people be in Pc or X-box servers unless they have crossplay within the crew" then wait a month, still see people complain and show them the data. "See you were fighting Cheating X-box players all the time, now get back to being friends you adorable salty pirates"
    But I don't work at Rare so yeah.

I play with a friend who's on X-Box and two others who switch and I can honestly not tell if they are or not. I let my exclusively X-box friend board a lot and they often accuse him of being a PC player. It's hilarious.
    I've also tried playing with controller and it's smooth, Rare knows its FPS controlls (they made Golden-eye and Perfect dark so duh! ) it's smooth and I can see how X-box players can be great with it. You won't be headshoting anyone but that's not an issue in this game.

• @vorondil1 said in Still waiting for the cross play switch:

@nabberwar don't feed him. He has made many wildly inaccurate statements on this thread already. Don't think he's a troll or malicious or anything, but he just doesn't seem super informed, and he doesn't seem super interested in becoming informed. Not worth the argument :)

Poe's law in action

@nabberwar said in Still waiting for the cross play switch:

Most games have anti-cheat measures with rapid response. I can go years without seeing cheaters, the xbox crowd should hear this.

Unfortunately as the saying goes, There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• @bloodybil you think this is a parody post? I'm confuzzled, but okay

Also, I just have to give you a shout-out for the Asterix and Obelix gif earlier! That was my childhood.

• @vorondil1 said in Still waiting for the cross play switch:

@bloodybil you think this is a parody post? I'm confuzzled, but okay

Also, I just have to give you a shout-out for the Asterix and Obelix gif earlier! That was my childhood.

Oh no, I'm saying that it is indeed hard to know if it's a troll post or not lol.

Haha thx, just having a little fun illustrating the situation :P It seems like the pirates from Asterix also did not like PVP lol. Can imagine the crow's nest guy panicking screaming "P..P..P.... PC PLAYERS!!!"

• @bloodybil gotcha!

And of course! After all, we PC players have the Magic Potion! We're unstoppable! :)

alt text

• @vorondil1 Exactly! The comparison is just too good lol

• @hynieth
    With the whole double gun discussion was going on, the only people in our crew that ran that loadout was Xbox players. At least from our perspective, the changes felt silly. Simple on the grounds that the only people who had to adapt to the new patch was our xbox crew members.

• @bloodybil xbox players exhibiting their videos of "hacking aimbot macro" PC players to Rare:

alt text

(Okay I'm done now)

• @nabberwar My whole discord scoffed at the double gun people, we were pirates with class and wouldn't join people in this meta. There was one pirate who did however, he was like if you can't beat them join them. Worst part is if he shot a double gunner by double gunning they would call him out on it.

But I feel the double gun isn't really an X-box versus PC thing, it's more a Honorable pirate versus someone who does anything to win thing.
    Both PC and X-box players were affected and now it's mostly fixed. Might need some tuning here and there but I'm content.

• @y0urhandyman написал в Still waiting for the cross play switch:

Me and my friends are still waiting for the cross play option to be added. Hope this will be coming soon.

Who cares ?

• @hynieth

But I feel the double gun isn't really an X-box versus PC thing, it's more a Honorable pirate versus someone who does anything to win thing.

Both PC and X-box players were affected and now it's mostly fixed. Might need some tuning here and there but I'm content.

For us, it wasn't an issue with honor. I personally still to this day thought Rifle Sword was a better combo than double Gun. That being said Meta's are weird.

I will try a League of Legends example, simply because MOBA's are your best examples of Meta's. Blitzcrank is a champion that dominates low ELO people (Low rank in competitive play), because he can punish mistakes harder then any other support champion in the game. Their is a role in this game a player can take called ADC, short for Attack Damage Carry. The roles of these players were to build mostly damage, while the team protects them. Simply enough, but Blitzrank has an ability to pull a champion towards him into Melee range. What Blitzcrank could do is pull an out of position ADC, to be burst down by the his own team.

Now, why do I bring up Blitzcrank in context to Sea of thieves, because he is the MOBA equivalent to Double guns. A strategy that works exceptionally well on new/less experienced players, however has large diminishing returns when fighting higher tiered crews. People like to bring up Summit or Pace as examples on why this strategy was "Unbeatable," but don't realize that the high tiered crews very rarely run into each other. Essentially he is beating mediocre crews, and people try to use that as justification to nerf the strategy. This is reason why you don't take balancing advice from this group of people.

This rant is not really directed at you, more just anyone who is listening. That and I may be derailing the conversation.

• @hynieth pirates and honor..... this cracks me up every time.

Views
20 out of 26