Need A Rejoin Feature.

• Yes Hi, I've been sailing the seas for a little while now and I'm starting to get annoyed with the fact you spend so much time gathering loot and completing voyages all to lose all of it to a game crash which happens more since the recent update with cross play. I don't mind losing it to in game scenarios cause that is part of the game, but to a technical error it becomes very frustrating. I would like to see away to rejoin you last voyage or something similar which I doubt would be that difficult to create. In conclusion thanks for an awesome game it's been really fun sailing on adventures meeting new friends. keep up the good work.

Views
  • @luckydeecharms

Ya I lost all my stuff as a solo sloop the other day, although I am sure the ship scuttles when no one is aboard, so they would have to make a timeout feature for single ships.

• @luckydeecharms

Agree.

I think ''rejoin feature'' is perfect idea.
    Sometimes game crashes, sometime ppl have internet connection issue etc. and in the end loosing invested time gathering loot and loot itself.
    So ~3-5min rejoin time would be perfect.

• @luckydeecharms Yes we do, especially since 99% of my disconnects is from the black screen of death.

They also need to fix Ship battles. When ever the ship cloud spawns, if a friend logs in, PC or Xbox they get stuck on a black screen

• +1 I have made this exact same post

• This idea is complete rubbish, and I tell you why:
    Your idea means, if I get into danger, for instance if I have the ship full of treasures, if I am being chased by two other ships, if the Megalodon appears behind me, if two skeleton ships emerge from the sea next to me and wait for me at the horizon of the octopuses - then I simply pull the plug, drink a cup of coffee and get in again later. Well, THAT's a great idea. No more risk at all.

Meh. Who is out, is out, what you imagine is not possible in any multiplayer game.

• So sad i just walk into the pirate legend hideout portal only to go back to xbox home menu -.- such crashes are so annoying :( can only restart -.-

• I am mostly in favor of this idea.

I've wanted something like this for a while. Especially for the sake of continuity over multiple sessions.
    This would be great for...

1. maintaining voyages that are already on the table and/or in our player inventory
    2. maintaining balls/boards/nanners for ship/player inventory
    3. maintaining ship aesthetic selections over multiple sessions
    4. possibly more

However, it would be difficult to mitigate its abuse.
    Like @Goedecke-Michel stated, it could/would be exploited by players.

The dev team could make it so certain criteria must be met/accomplished before leaving the session....

1. Must be anchored at an outpost
    2. No active AI related scenarios (indicated by music)

Now, of course, these wouldn't help with the issue experienced by the OP...
    Failed server swaps, random crashes, 'xxxxbeard' errors, etc.

Therefore, I would add the 3rd criteria...
    3. Any server/beard/error related crashes

The game could maintain a constant list of what's on your character and what's on your boat (which it does already)...If any of these criteria are met, the game could restore these lists upon reconnecting.

If sunk by players, AI or any other game related scenario; these lists default to empty as it is currently.

Does this mitigate any/all abuses....NO. Players could simply turn their game off to imply some form of error.
    Does this move toward a solution....YES.

• @goedecke-michel said in Need A Rejoin Feature.:

Meh. Who is out, is out, what you imagine is not possible in any multiplayer game.

That is not true. If you disconnect just leave your ship with all your loot where it is for a number of minutes (5ish?). If you reconnect in that 5 minutes you are right back where you were, if you pulled the plug to get away then your ship is still there to loot all they want.

Seems pretty simple and straightforward to me, not sure why they didn't implement something like that from the start.

• @cyrus-jusi convinced

• If you want a game you can stop when you want go play a BR game or play s single player game.

This game is a game you go on Adventures . You must put aside hrs ri play.

• @luckydeecharms In addition we need a voyage progress tracker. That way we can pick up where we left off and don't need to complete entire voyages in one sitting/lose everything if we lose connection or game crashes.

Views
4 out of 12