small suggestion for solo slooping

• please dont have the game spawn multiple encounters when solo slooping. Fighting a meg off is hard enough as it is, but i had multiple instances that a ghost ship would suddenly emerge as well, sinking the ship because i cant keep up and just exiting to windows. Can we have the RNG be a bit more leanient against solo sloopers?

Views
  • @dustie360
    I do understand what you would like with solo slooping but is your choise to go alone in that dangerous sea...
    I really like that type of difficulty when playing solo cause I am looking for it.
    If it sounds like too difficult you can always play with other people.

• The games systems don't look at how many players are on a ship, so there's no such thing as a Solo sloop, it's just a sloop.

Ergo the developers probably won't scale things down for a solo player since a sloop is a 2 player ship.

It scales its encounters to the ship type, the encounters are generated randomly, so a Galleon and a Sloop both have the same chanses of encountering Skeleton ships, Megladons and kraken.

Generally since Megladons arent hostile and are avoided by sailing close to islands (which is also the bane of skeleton ships) I'd say the solution to this problem is easy: Sail towards an island and you're set.

• I'm a solo sloop player for most of the time, I have no problem with ANYTHING
    Play on easy mode on the Galleon, join a discord group
    But nothing is wrong with the sloop, perhaps the captain?

• @r3d50v13t I mean, solo slooping itself is difficult. And coming up against multiple enemies is always gonna be somewhat difficult no matter how skilled you are.

@Dustie360 Have you tried not engaging with either and sailing off? I found that not firing at the meg means it seems not to attack you. (by "I found" I mean @KattTruewalker told me off for shooting Megan whilst we were avoiding a galleon and skelly ships)

• @dumy2008
    Yeah, it's hard mode
    Been in a situation where a skeleton ship pulled a Flying Dutchman move while a meg was circling me, I didn't shoot the meg it just bit at my ship then left, fought off the skeleton ship and then kraken came after 7 min later, it was annoying but that's my decision

• @dumy2008 You would be wise to listen to @KattTruewalker as she is very wise indeed. And if she told you off, then you probably deserved it matey!!! :-)

• I hope that they don't change this. I solo often and I love having the challenge of multiple encounters, or pinning the Meg against a Skelly Ship so that they're working for me. I would however love to see the Skelly Sloop pop up in the open seas every now and again.

Views
4 out of 8