PC interface squad mechanics need QoL improvements

• I don't want to have to add everyone I meet to my friend's list to have any chance of rejoining a crew I disconnected from. Plus sometimes I just forget to and lose a lot of progress. And finally some times I just want to restart my client.

There needs to be a simple grace period, when a player disconnects from a crew or closes their game. Simply a button you can press when you start the game back up to rejoin your last crew..

edit: maybe this should be tied to the ship, because solo players might feel especially oppressed when their client inexplicably crashes or windows demands the computer be restarted and they lose all their progress and loot.

Views
  • While a reconnect feature is an oft requested feature I'd advise you to try and solve your internet connection issues first and foremost. Not requiring to reconnect is always better then having a reconnect feature.

As an example, I've never been CD'ed from the game aside from actual Almondbeard errors (server errors). I can attest to the stability of the servers (at least as far as the Western European one)

• I don't really have serious internet issues, if it drops out it was for a good reason that was unpreventable. Besides, I gave two other reasons why this is needed. A button to reconnect with latest crew with a simple 5-10 minute grace period really seems like a no-brainer quality of life improvement to solve all 3 issues I listed.

• Try last seen players maybe.
    Recently it worked pretty good for me.
    You can see the players you played along with or met ingame in the xbox app.
    We check their stats often or see if they log off or maybe come back :-D

• It really feels like im jumping through hoops to accomplish something that can be fixed with a simple button, that's the point.

Views
2 out of 5