can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked

• I was doing a merc voyage with my brother and he crashed so I was alone with all my loot waiting for him on the other side of the island all the sudden a gally rolls up and sinks me and I don't find out intill my brother rejoins and asks why we are sunk

Views
  • I am afraid we can't do that because it would make the game less entertaining.

It's your job to keep an eye on your ship - and all the other ships that are heading towards you.

• The sound of cannon fire is usually enough notification for me.

• you didnt hear the cannon fire and put together oh damn maybe something is going down?

• I completely agree. Someone from Rare should be monitoring the situation for each player and call them on their mobile phone to give them a heads up that they are under attack! Completely disgraceful that this wasn't included from day one!

• I think it would be interesting to have a proximity alert as well. For example, a sloop passes close to you and appears on your screen "Caution! A sloop is 500 meters from you. The sloop has 200 cannon balls, 100 wooden planks and 80 bananas. It also has 2 crew members, one of them PL. The chance of being attacked is 73%. "

Imagine also an alert that shows minutes before the chance for a Kraken or Megalodon to appear as "Beware! The Kraken is northwest of you, and the chances of him appear to attack you are 89%, change your trajectory."

It would also be interesting to alert if another player appeared on your ship "Attention! TargasBR is on your ship, he is climbing on your mast. The chances of trying to blow up his ship with powder kegs is 28%. "

This all should happen as well as @Salvasian-AU said, via Mobile Phone, so case if AFK would have the notification and could return to the game.

• Oh man these comments :-)

On the more serious side:
    "NO"

Longer answer:
    This is all about imersion, ever wonder why the game is in first person? An why you don't have 30 bars, indicators, warnings etc in your screen like an average World of Warcraft raider?
    It's because of immersion. It would take us all out of that immersion if a warning would pop up every time something happened.

In stead the game could have something nice like sounds that indicare cannon fire that carries for a long distance so you know fighting is going on, maybe you can have a feature where the ships are visible from a long distance so you could see them coming from kilimeters away.... That would be a nice addition to the game and not break emersion.

• A lot of latest suggestions - not to mention their ansers - are way more entertaining, then the game itself...

Me: Darling, would you be so kind to bring me pop corn and coke? Soon!!!
    Darling: What about your own legs, lady?
    Me: Can't let go, I am on Sea Of Thieves Forums!!
    Darling: How you dare reading 'em weird news without me! Wait, I am coming, with pop corn and coke for both of us!

• A pirate never takes his eye of his ship. There will never be a “chirp’ ‘chirp” with the lanterns flashing when you leave it parked. Even if you wear a patch always keep one eye open. Otherwise another pirate will close it for you.

@TargasBR surely you jest. :)

• @salvasian-au

haha

• @hynieth said in can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

Oh man these comments :-)

On the more serious side:
    "NO"

Longer answer:
    This is all about imersion, ever wonder why the game is in first person? An why you don't have 30 bars, indicators, warnings etc in your screen like an average World of Warcraft raider?
    It's because of immersion. It would take us all out of that immersion if a warning would pop up every time something happened.

In stead the game could have something nice like sounds that indicare cannon fire that carries for a long distance so you know fighting is going on, maybe you can have a feature where the ships are visible from a long distance so you could see them coming from kilimeters away.... That would be a nice addition to the game and not break emersion.

i take your last part is sarcastic?
    I mean u can hear canonfire more than 1 island out...
    For looking that far... its called a spyglass.

Did i just step in your sarcastic comment and made fun of me self xD?

• @x-crowheart-x disse em can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

Of course not! I would love to pilot a submarine and still have a radar and alerts on it. It would be great fun to shoot torpedoes at the Kraken, be able to look at things while submerged, receive notifications of possible Megalodon attacks.

Better than that if only we could use shields like surfboards or even parachutes. Of course, not to mention the giant robots that turn into flying ships.

• These comments make my day XD

Funneh pirates on the forums

• @targasbr

What about tie two planks to your feet and have a rope hooked to the stern so you can waterski?

• @x-crowheart-x disse em can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

@targasbr

What about tie two planks to your feet and have a rope hooked to the stern so you can waterski?

And use the parachute to fly.

• @x-crowheart-x and @TargasBR I see your parasailing on the back fo a ship and raise you a Parasailing behind a Megladon while it's shooting Lazers. I honestly don't know how you can top that!

• @hynieth said in can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

@x-crowheart-x and @TargasBR I see your parasailing on the back fo a ship and raise you a Parasailing behind a Megladon while it's shooting Lazers. I honestly don't know how you can top that!

Mount cannons on that sharky. Get those pesky skellies to shoot Cursed Canonballs. And give it 2 kraken tentacles so it can grab a ship!

• @hynieth

What about tightrope walking between Karen’s tentacles with your crew on your shoulders while all the Megs and 100 sharks wait below?

• @x-crowheart-x I'm gonna ask Rare for a private server and Mod support now.... I want this in game so badly I'd code it myself :-P

• @ashbert157 Ahoy matey, try not to be offended by the comments. Sadly many have resorted to childish behavior as they have become worn out by suggestions that they have grown tired to.

As for an attack alarm, sadly this is not going to happen. The only way to truly defend against what you describe is to have your eyes on the horizon at all times. Always know your surroundings and what is out there. And if you know a ship or two are with in view (even if you have to use your telescope to see them) then you need to keep a watchful eye on them, if they even appear to be heading your way, stay close to your ship.

• While I get that it is funny to share a joke or two, it is not ok to share that joke at someone else's expense within the community. Please remember the pirate code and treat others as you want to be treated, with respect.

• @nofears-fun While I completely agree with you, I do have to say that it's quite funny. Just coming up with rediculous things to put in the game that is.

It's not about the OP per-se. I think most of us can see where he is coming from and why he wants this. And while it's rediculous for us forum/SoT vets it 's not for someone who is new.

I hope the OP is sitting at his desk reading this and smiling with us.

• @nofears-fun Arrrrgreed

alt text

• @hynieth Yes, I agree, I hope he sees it for what it is. And yes, us "old salts" have seen it all, and sometimes they are simply off the charts. But I would say that we still need to find away to be encouraging to each other. Help others learn, so that we can all grow together.

• @nofears-fun

True. Thanks for the reminder. No disrespect was intended. The forum humor was not directed at anyone or meant anything in an negative way.

Sometimes we need to smile to lighten the seriousness and true insults that can float around here. A smile and a laugh can be a remedy often misunderstood and not appreciated. The result when receive well can ease even the worst we can feel.

Hope everyone can smile, take the advice given, even in a nod of humor, and have a good day. Happy sailing everyone!

• @picklebeard22 Great pic. And yes, if you want to call me a carebear I will take it, don't really care if people think that is a bad thing. My motto has always been "Kindness is NOT a Weakness, but rather a Strength"

• @targasbr said in can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

@x-crowheart-x disse em can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

Better than that if only we could use shields like surfboards or even parachutes.

I would actually like parachutes so you could glide after firing yourself from a canon!

• There comes a time when we get tired of saying that the idea simply does not fit into the game. People just do not understand the subject and end up insisting on the old "I want, a lot of people want," so the best way to respond is to laugh at the situation and to cite other illusory situations. No one here is disrespecting him, we're just laughing at the proposal and showing other situations as meaningless as.

• @nofears-fun I see we both follow the true pirate lord of this game!

alt text

• @ashbert157 Others have said what has needed to be said. This is a no from me, mate. Sorry.

The need to keep an eye on the horizon and watch your ship adds extra excitement and immersion to the game. If you're solo its even more exhilarating.

• @chronodusk said in can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:

@ashbert157 Others have said what has needed to be said. This is a no from me, mate. Sorry.

The need to keep an eye on the horizon and watch your ship adds extra excitement and immersion to the game. If you're solo its even more exhilarating.

Agreed! What you said!

• All the joking aside, even if Rare added a notification, maybe even something that wouldn't break immersion like a pet parrot that came to tell you that you're being hit by cannons, by the time you'd get back it would be too late. You'd be sunk!

• @riareth

Not a bad idea. It could call out “ship” “ship” or “boarder” “boarder”. Could be a good use for certain pets.

• @nofears-fun said in can you give me a notafication when my ship is attacked:
    My motto has always been "Kindness is NOT a Weakness, but rather a Strength"

Mine has always been, "kill them with kindness." 🥰

• @ashbert157 Didn't know a crew could put silencers in their canons.. what more do you need? horsed messengers?

@targasbr

Of course not! I would love to pilot a submarine and still have a radar and alerts on it.

XD I would prefer to pilot a Nakajima B5N to attack galleons, and I'm not going to stop putting st#p&d things on forums until they put torpedo bombers in this pirate game. Because, as you know, you can shot yourself from a canon and a lot of people want it, that opened the gate to such stuff!

Views
2 out of 47