Treasure Sink Timer - Increase?

• I'm positive this has probably been asked or suggested before... but, is there a chance to get player loot (stuff that was on your ship when it sinks) to stay afloat a little longer?

The other day, we were back within 3 minutes and all of the loot but the gunpowder barrels were gone.

I say this not to make sinking have less teeth, but to add to a potentially epic feeling of getting there "just in time" to save a piece or two... it would feel good. Simple as that :)

Thanks for the great game! (Even when my loot is on the bottom of the sea... :)

Views
  • @lethality1 well said, definitely would be a good fix, not much longer but maybe based on the distance you spawn, if you have a lazy crew and dont start sailing quick enough you will still lose it but if you haul your bums, should be able to catch it .. i would love to see this happen and second thank rare and team for a beauty of a game ...

• I'm probably an outlier, but I don't see why players should be able to recover loot after sinking. Right now the loot floats enough for the victor who sunk them to collect it. Had you sunk to a Meg or a Kraken, you have the option to use a row boat to mop up the remnants of your spoils for later collection. Otherwise, I am personally fine with the current system. Take it as a lesson not to sink in the same way and adapt to what sunk you.

• @nabberwar said in Treasure Sink Timer - Increase?:

I'm probably an outlier, but I don't see why players should be able to recover loot after sinking. Right now the loot floats enough for the victor who sunk them to collect it. Had you sunk to a Meg or a Kraken, you have the option to use a row boat to mop up the remnants of your spoils for later collection. Otherwise, I am personally fine with the current system. Take it as a lesson not to sink in the same way and adapt to what sunk you.

I said why in my original post: because it's a way for a player to good about their effort!

You've already spent potentially hours getting what you have, and to lose it all due to 3 lucky volcano strikes especially when you get back within 3 minutes or so... that doesn't feel good. Yes, the risk is there and everyone knows it. But to give someone a fighting chance to reclaim some of their progress? There will be far less bitterness.

It already floats long enough if players sink you so they can grab it... it just needs to float a tad longer for the environmental sinkings.

You could argue that a rowboat could have helped here too, and it would have - except it got hit right after our ship sank :)

Seriously, another 5 minutes on loot floating isn't a bad thing. I could make a case that all loot should stay on the server indefinitely for other players to discover ala player shipwrecks, but that's a different suggestion thread.

• It's a shame that when a player ship sinks, it doesn't turn into a temporary shipwreck. I think it would be cool if a player ship, once sunk whether by environment or another player, would turn into one of those deep, upside down shipwrecks for approx. 10 minutes. Then anyone nearby, including the respawning players, would see the seagulls flying over it and have a chance to loot the ship.

I think it would add a new dimension to pvp...rather than sinking a ship and waiting for the loot to float up, grabbing it and running, the ship that did the sinking now has to dive down and grab the loot, putting them at potential risk for a "round 2" with the crew they just sunk.

• @lethality1
    For me this game gives a slight hardcore feel, in the sense that when you fail, its failure to the highest degree. You lose a fight with another ship? Well, all your loot is gone as well as supplies, good luck finishing that merchant now. I am actually enjoying this aspect, because the opposite when you succeed, it makes it more worth it. At least in my eyes.

• @kiethblacklion said in Treasure Sink Timer - Increase?:

It's a shame that when a player ship sinks, it doesn't turn into a temporary shipwreck. I think it would be cool if a player ship, once sunk whether by environment or another player, would turn into one of those deep, upside down shipwrecks for approx. 10 minutes. Then anyone nearby, including the respawning players, would see the seagulls flying over it and have a chance to loot the ship.

I think it would add a new dimension to pvp...rather than sinking a ship and waiting for the loot to float up, grabbing it and running, the ship that did the sinking now has to dive down and grab the loot, putting them at potential risk for a "round 2" with the crew they just sunk.

ArcheAge did this, and it was glorious! You had diving equipment to go to the ocean floor to collect the loot that dropped from the player ship you sunk. It was awesome.

Views
4 out of 7