Graphics and Performance after update

• Has anyone had any issues with the textures, rendering or graphics quality since updating the game? I have found that the quality of my 4K res has disappeared and that many textures including equipment and the mast are bugged. The Ship has terrible textures compared to what it usually has had. Additionally, the glowing flame animated rug in the galleon is a terrible bug. Please let me know if you have had any other issues because sounds like a few players have.[mod edit] Cheers

Views
    bug
  • @infiltrartor12 I just have big loading for the textures now, but after everything is okay

• @infiltrartor12 My 4k enhancement has completely gone on my xbox one x. Also for the first time ever I had issues with islands not rendering at all, looking like a blobby mess

• I was in a galleon and at a certain distance as you stare at the captain's quarters floor it looked like fire was coming through, really weird, everyone thought I was losing it until I sent the screenshot

• interesting,on the xbox one without x :)the textures rendering faster then before,at all t
    he game looks better now

• Whats wrong with the fire carpet ? I like it looks amazing :")

• The resolution looks to be lowered to me? Also experiencing certain textures that take forever to load in.

• I am also playing on the Xbox One X and it does feel like the 4k enhancement has completely gone. Colours look mucky & blurry, and some textures take an age to load in. I have also noticed that some times when I go to grab the wheel on the Sloop, that I end up on the mast ladder. Hopefully Rare will fix this issue as soon as they can.

• @infiltrartor12 Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules.

Asking For Upvotes

Topics and posts should be created to foster discussion. Asking for upvotes or posts in order to boost reputation or topic counts is not permitted. A warning will be issued, the post deleted or the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

You can report any bugs via the Sea of Thieves Support Site

• I know we had to reinstall the whole game, and I don't know if "caching" is a thing, but I did have to reload several times before some of the low-res textures I noticed were replaced with the high-res ones... example are the lamp/pots on this pole:

alt text

alt text

• There's bound to be visual differences that we'll come across. You don't lose half the game's size without taking a hit somewhere. :/

• Yes I am on Xbox One X and the frames are way worse then they were in the update before this one. On top of that the game stutters a bit more and the textures are different it’s unplayable.

• The only thing I have noticed is the black colour seem a bit crushed.

• Still having this issue Even after the small update the other day.

• I just upgraded to a 4K tv and the game now looks like total cr... (pretty much most of the stuff mentioned on here). Those that had issues how did you end up resolving? Uninstall/reinstall?

Views
bug
6 out of 15