Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered

• Rare, you need to adjust the frequency that that pirates, skull forts, and skelly ships attack! Please nerf the skelly ships, skull forts and pirates on my seas! Every day, I am just swimming around when everything in the game attacks me! I see a tasty sloop, a brig, or if I am hungry enough, a galleon, and it tries to shoot me on sight! If I am swimming by an active skull fort, the skeletons there will stop shooting at the real targets, ie. PIRATES, to shoot at me instead! Just the other day I was attacked by the trifecta; a brigantine, a skelly ship, AND a skull fort! Fix this Rare, or I am done with SoT.

Sincerely,

Megan

Views
  • Now i feel srry for megan :(

• Poor, poor meg. I mean I never thought about her feelings in all of this. I simply want to hunt her down.....

• These attacks continue to escalate too! It is so bad that my cousin has already fled the seas! She is so beautiful too. Perfect pale skin, gorgeous pink tinted fins, and stunning red eyes... With all the attacks coming from everyone and everything in this game though, she left! Good luck finding her now!

• Oh no don't make me feel bad :(

The Meg defeat animation already makes my heart hurt!

• There is a lot of guides and tips for you to watch and use.
    Also find a good crewmate it makes the game a lot easier with communication. 😀

• @meganledawn said in Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered:

These attacks continue to escalate too! It is so bad that my cousin has already fled the seas! She is so beautiful too. Perfect pale skin, gorgeous pink tinted fins, and stunning red eyes... With all the attacks coming from everyone and everything in this game though, she left! Good luck finding her now!

Please, oh please, talk her into coming to visit me. I cross my black heart I won't shoot to kill....

• It took me a while, but I laughed nonetheless.

• Please don't leave Megan. I will attack any skalleon, fort, or pirate looking to attack you. You can trust that I won't hurt you. I am only sailing the seas for research. I am part of the Japanese Oceanic Research Project. Also, if you could reach out to your cousin, I would be greatly interested in researching her too.

• Loading EOR, cue Jack Nicholson meme: "Were just gettin started." 🌵the key is to understand the weak points, and apply continuous pressure.

• I just hear a rumour we have more chance on the invisible megan when the boat has white lightning lantarns?

Sounds stupid ill try it :D

• @nofears-fun

She needs to come visit me first! We can have her over for tea in a crew together. Keep hoping every time we set sail she will pop up and we get a chance to kill her.

• @ruigtand-nl said in Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered:

I just hear a rumour we have more chance on the invisible megan when the boat has white lightning lantarns?

Sounds stupid ill try it :D

That sounds sort of like a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt. You are going to get a lot of new pirates and white sail jokers out there looking for an invisible Meg now.

• @x-crowheart-x

Lol but i actually see a picture with the different megans and which coloured lantarns you need i see if i can find it

alt text

• Well skull forts don't seek you out you go to them, easily avoided, almost like running into the needle in the hay stack. It's an online game so yes there's going to be others who spend their whole day on it seeking out others who seem vulnerable. Skelly ships would be the hardest thing for a new player but for an experience helmsman they can be taken out with ease.

• @avengeful90 said in Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered:

There is a lot of guides and tips for you to watch and use.
    Also find a good crewmate it makes the game a lot easier with communication. 😀

r/woosh

• Poor Megan, hope things improve for you. Please don't leave the game! Also please encourage your cousin to come back as I am yet to meet her and have been looking everywhere for her.

• @x-crowheart-x

Found this one

alt text

Gotta be a joke right?

• My crewmate and I fought a skelly ship, with meg biting our bum, a chest of sorrows on board crying, dipping in and out of a storm while being chased by a 1 manned brig last night. All we needed was a kraken to spawn! It was epic! To say our sloop was battered is an understatement but we did it!

• Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered

No, they not :)
    T.y. 4 attention

• A decent Solo Sloop Captain can take out a Skeleton Galleon in 30 seconds.. ive done it. And like others said, a Solo Sloop can also take out the Skeleton Fleets! Thou u must be well stocked to do so.
    Rub up against em, Drop a gunpowder on their lower deck and quickly get back on ur ship for a quick escape.. or after putting a couple holes in their bottom deck, hit em w a Ballast ball (filling em up w water) followed by a grog, sleep or dancing CC (now they cant repair) and theyre done for. Easy stuff.
    If you are finding them difficult, Practice.

There are some aspects that could be toned down (a little).. like the super speed & turning.. And their unusually Perfect Aim.

Keep in mind each Skeleton Ship is different.. and depending on their Curses vary in difficulty. Purple Curses are pretty easy, they effect your ship.. dropping ur anchor or raising sails..
    Its the Green Curses that are the most difficult.. i mean its hard to bail when ur asleep.. lol. Hard to repair when ur drunk. But they can be done. Even the best pirate occasionally goes down due to multiple CC sleepers in a row. It can be frusterating but whats life without challenges.
    But hey.. I'm a gen X gamer.. we think differently than a "hand me an achievement" millennial gamer XD

• @li-jratt-li said in Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered:

A decent Solo Sloop Captain can take out a Skeleton Galleon in 30 seconds.. ive done it. And like others said, a Solo Sloop can also take out the Skeleton Fleets! Thou u must be well stocked to do so.
    Rub up against em, Drop a gunpowder on their lower deck and quickly get back on ur ship for a quick escape.. or after putting a couple holes in their bottom deck, hit em w a Ballast ball (filling em up w water) followed by a grog, sleep or dancing CC (now they cant repair) and theyre done for. Easy stuff.
    If you are finding them difficult, Practice.

There are some aspects that could be toned down (a little).. like the super speed & turning.. And their unusually Perfect Aim.

Keep in mind each Skeleton Ship is different.. and depending on their Curses vary in difficulty. Purple Curses are pretty easy, they effect your ship.. dropping ur anchor or raising sails..
    Its the Green Curses that are the most difficult.. i mean its hard to bail when ur asleep.. lol. Hard to repair when ur drunk. But they can be done. Even the best pirate occasionally goes down due to multiple CC sleepers in a row. It can be frusterating but whats life without challenges.
    But hey.. I'm a gen X gamer.. we think differently than a "hand me an achievement" millennial gamer XD

Yes sir a solo sloop can solo the skelly waves. Done that enough. BUT u DONT need stocked ship. Im doing them fresh from the start.

And yes im with u on this. Dont nerf them! Keep it a challange as far as they are since they nerfed it allready!

Sidenote: Why do people ask for nerfs after nerfs?

• @weakdexx That id like to see!
    20 planks, 20 bananas & 40 Cannonballs..
    You should take a vid of you doing so and post it for us to see.

sidenote: seems kids today don't appreciate a "challenge".

• @ruigtand-nl

Yes. We have killed all the megs but the Shrouded Ghost. Have killed them with different color lights opposite this and no death color at all.

• @li-jratt-li said in Skelly ships, skull forts, and pirates are over powered:

@weakdexx That id like to see!
    20 planks, 20 bananas & 40 Cannonballs..
    You should take a vid of you doing so and post it for us to see.

sidenote: seems kids today don't appreciate a "challenge".

Millenials XD please give me all without doing something...

Views
20 out of 26