What's up with the prices? Is there an economic crisis in the Sea of Thieves?

• I was scrolling around but couldn't find another post mentioning this. What on earth is up with the prices? The past few days my captain's chests have been selling for about 670 gold. That's a maurauder price! Does anyone know why they lowered the value of all these items?

Views
  • The price can vary. Check out this cheat sheet by KnorrSoup:

https://imgur.com/JaygNMp

• @archaell I know, but they have definitely dropped overall. I usually sell captain's chests for around 1000 coins, and lately all of them have been selling for 700 or less. Am I the only one noticing a drop in prices? I've been testing this for days and it doesn't seem like bad luck to me.

• The prices were never lowered. They can just vary in value quite a lot.

• @captain-conroar said in What's up with the prices? Is there an economic crisis in the Sea of Thieves?:

The prices were never lowered. They can just vary in value quite a lot.

Really? Am I just that unlucky? I sure hope so...

• @princes-lettuce said in What's up with the prices? Is there an economic crisis in the Sea of Thieves?:

@archaell I know, but they have definitely dropped overall. I usually sell captain's chests for around 1000 coins, and lately all of them have been selling for 700 or less. Am I the only one noticing a drop in prices? I've been testing this for days and it doesn't seem like bad luck to me.

I had the same feeling last week when i sold a couple of captains chests!
    But i guess just some bad luck :(

• Same feeling since Sunday. All the loot i gather have a very low value compared to their rarity.

• At release

Castaway 100
    seafearers 250
    Muaraders 400
    Captains 600

These were the average

So getting 670 is good

• They lowered the prices on NonAshen loot when they introduced the Devils Roar and Ashen loot.
    Capt Chest= 600-900
    Ashen Capt Chest 1200-1800..

Or something like that

• @h3liumh3ad said in What's up with the prices? Is there an economic crisis in the Sea of Thieves?:

They lowered the prices on NonAshen loot when they introduced the Devils Roar and Ashen loot.
    Capt Chest= 600-900
    Ashen Capt Chest 1200-1800..

Or something like that

It's just strange because I've only been noticing a price drop since about 3 days ago...

• Never noticed a price drop (other than when Devil's Roar was released) but I've noticed a severe drop in the number of supplies and quests found in barrels when I spawn in. The last few times when starting the game, 75% of the barrels at the outpost are empty and we may find one quest (usually a delivery).

• Sometimes those Gold Hoarders can be a bit stingy, sometime they'll be generous though! They really live up to their name don't they? I find it funny and true to the Gold Hoarder name that the Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance will reward you more handsomely for your efforts in terms of gold, while the Gold Hoarders live up to their name and true nature probably shorting Pirates of their rightful share of the reward!

Anyways, it's been that way for as long as I can remember. More often than not my Captains Chests have sold in the 750-850 range. Outlier numbers I have experienced on both sides of the spectrum are around 1,000 and 600.

• Well, since the Schrouded Spoils have been unleased upon mankind ( * i see what you did there ,moron, but nobody knows that song...you're so ancient..dufus) and a big new influx of eager Pirates came along , the prices of Gold have been collapsed , it's like real economy...The more goods there are of one kind , the less they cost...It is time we spend our gaming time on butchering eachother while we abandon the treasure finding to a minimum...If we keep doing that for a month , the prices will rise again…( *...Or ...We can just call this the opinion of a moron...please , don't listen to him because he doesn't know what he writes...such a sorry fool)

• @kiethblacklion I noticed this as well my last play session. Left the outpost with almost 0 supplies.

• I've been questioning this for weeks, and I think they have been lowered. Also, that table, while useful, is not entirely accurate - for example, I routinely sell supply crates for only about 800g, but the table says that it's worth 1000g+, and even denotes that it's 50% more when commissioned by a merchant after the fact... If it starts at 1000g before the commission, why am I only getting roughly 800g without a commission?

• Gold be gold!!! Focus ye sights on treasure not thee value of me treasure.

• Just go to the Devil's Roar and do quest there. All chest and skulls are double the amount of what you get with the regular chest and skulls in the other three parts of the world.

• Times are hard. #Bitcoin

• @clumsy-george Interesting... Very interesting.

• Seth Rogan voice That Was AWESOME!!!

SOTU #MAGA! chest prices 2x on the house for the next 6 hours.

• No it's because there are so many new players, the increased supply of chests has lowered demand (and hence the prices).

Views
20 out of 21