Sea of Thieves Physial World Map ~ Printed + Aged

• alt text

1. I slightly edited a map without background made by the reddit user u/Crowlee117.
      Original post with Hi-Res Download: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/9k2pkk/i_made_a_thing_sot_forsaken_shores_world_map/

2. Printed in A2-size on two paper sheets (because I only have an A3 inkjet printer)

3. Poured black tea and some coffee with a sprinkle of turmeric on it

4. Removed all liquids from the paper, not without spilling it all over my kitchen

5. Found out that my baking tray is too small for A3 size but whatever

6. Baked it in the oven at 160° C for about 5-10 minutes (keep an eye on it)

7. Finally burned the edges with a candle for true pirateness so that the ashes almost reach Ashen Reaches

8. How the hell did my smoke detector not go off?

9. Never get lost in the seas again.

Views
  • @kaiku-aika

I need this in my life like yesterday!!!

That’s actually amazing well done mate! Looks so good

• @kaiku-aika said in Sea of Thieves Physial World Map ~ Printed + Aged:

alt text

1. I slightly edited a map without background made by the reddit user u/Crowlee117.
      Original post with Hi-Res Download: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/9k2pkk/i_made_a_thing_sot_forsaken_shores_world_map/

2. Printed in A2-size on two paper sheets (because I only have an A3 inkjet printer)

3. Poured black tea and some coffee with a sprinkle of turmeric on it

4. Removed all liquids from the paper, not without spilling it all over my kitchen

5. Found out that my baking tray is too small for A3 size but whatever

6. Baked it in the oven at 160° C for about 5-10 minutes (keep an eye on it)

7. Finally burned the edges with a candle for true pirateness so that the ashes almost reach Ashen Reaches

8. How the hell did my smoke detector not go off?

9. Never get lost in the seas again.

this is really cool, thanks for sharing! I may have to give this a go myself now :)

• Nice! I need one :D

• That is freaking awesome. :)

• @kaiku-aika nice make more and sell them please

• @enticed-malice I hope he sells them

• @closinghare208 yea these are really cool. getting the image printed is the easy part, its the aging process that may stump some people.

• @enticed-malice true

• @kaiku-aika great job man looks really cool, but step 10 would be to draw the grid over the correct islands so that you can see what letter and number square, for communiation purposes. Up to you of course though but i would totally do that to it lol.

• Well done! My wife has been wanting me to make something like this for her.

• AMAZING!

• @kaiku-aika Wow! That looks awesome!

• @kaiku-aika

That is so awesome! What a truly amazing job you did making that map. Great photos. That map would be so cool in an antique frame hanging on the wall above your rig. Great inspiration while playing SoT.

• @enticed-malice said in Sea of Thieves Physial World Map ~ Printed + Aged:

@closinghare208 yea these are really cool. getting the image printed is the easy part, its the aging process that may stump some people.

I really think it shouldn't, because it was easier than I had expected.

My only advices: Don't use too much liquid for the tea/coffee. A small cup of strong black tea/coffee should be enough. Then it won't get messy at all. Tea makes the paper kinda sepia brown, coffee rather dark brown and turmeric adds a yellow effect. You could also add beetroot for a blood effect or completely improvise.

Also the burning part at the end was way too much fun. Btw., I'm not responsible for anyone accidentally setting their ship on fire while trying to slightly singe the edges of a map.

Views
14 out of 15