My fat pirate being bullied

• I died and ended up on the ghost ship and to random players just literally spammed of my pirate and I felt they was aiming at me does anyone here have an overweight pirate.

Views
  • You do have the option of making a new pirate if you're not happy with it. Alternatively, you do have chat filter options available to prevent any further abuse from occurring.

• I love having an overweight pirate and plus I don’t want to lose 270k

• @xx-elite-kb Well, there's good news and bad news:
    G: All pirates, regardless of size, have the same size hitbox - this means you may actually be harder to hit.
    B: Due to your size, you're still easier to spot.

• You are not overweight, just big skeletoned (the badword filter does not let me use the usual word used in this saying).

• @d3adst1ck Gotta love the forums profanity filter! It’s so bad it’s good xD

• Sea of thieves is a game for funny pirates and I choose an overweight pirate because the games funny and fun.

• Fat pirates are called a Unit and are or were highly sought after in the beginning. Take pride in your Unit. its not a bad thing, especially when rare finally introduces pirate physics into the game and you can smash pirates with your Unit when dropping on them from the crows nest xD

who gives a flying hoot what some rando thinks about your pirate?! its yours, love it everyday like the first!

• My pirate is (almost) just like me. Should I worry?

• My pirates a wrestler

• @xx-elite-kb I picked an overweight pirate. I'm not overweight in RL, but I just picked the dude that I felt looked like the most disreputable of the bunch. Also I've never played a larger character before so I thought why not. No regrets, I love my big-booty-badman.

There was one time that I had a guy shouting abuse at me and calling me fat on the ferry. It didn't upset me all that much, but it wasn't pleasant, made me think about what it would feel like if I were fat in RL and had picked a character that I thought looked like me.

Anyway, my response was "My in-game CHARACTER is fat. But you appear to have mental issues in real life. I'm not really sure I can help you with that"

It didn't stop the abuse, but there was a momentary pause where I assume the young man racked his brains fruitlessly for a comeback, came up with nothing and finally responded with: "yeah but you're fat though"

I'm sure I had better quality banter than that when I was a lad. Kids these days... they can't even insult you properly unless someone puts a video on youtube showing them how.

• I’m slim in rl

• Well I love sea of thieves but annoying with the amount of lag

• I've picked a slim pirate but I want an overweight one. Wanna trade accounts?
    Your fat pirate with his 270k against my slim pirate with 40k gold seems like a reasonable deal to me.

• Pirates fat shaming in 2019!! What is this world coming to! Aha

But in all seriousness if you feel a member of the community is breaking the pirate code or Xbox ToS you can report the player either through the support section on the forums or through Xbox.

Views
13 out of 15