Rare, please implement a character editor of some type.

• The IPG is something of a polarizing beast. Some people like it, most would change a few things, other flat out hate it.
    While I’m sure you want to leave it as is, there is a way to give everyone up in arms over it a bone.
    If Rare would allow players the ability to change character models, and I mean customize the parts, not necessarily re roll in IPG, though at this point even that would be nice, that would help us that don’t want to lose our hundreds of hours of progress and work, just so we can look the way we want to after playing for so long.
    There are many including myself that want to play the game a certain way, it took me a while to find my preferred play style, but however I made the mistake on my first day of pirating when I used IPG of making my pirate unable to do that.
    Big men and women can’t be the sneaky type, plain and simple.
    It would be a simple fix if it were possible to modify my pirates body type, but sadly that ability has been out of reach since I first created my pirate almost a year ago.
    I implore you to give us this one thing, even if it’s just one time per player. This would make a lot of players happy.
    But thank you for the work you have been doing in expanding the seas and giving us more tools. Please keep it up.

Sincerely,
    Paulydaeagle
    “Legend of the Damned”

Views
  • I and many others have been asking for this for ages now. By my count this is the 5th request for such a feature in the space of a week. At least 2 requests are made for this every week and have been since launch. However, Rare don't seem to think this is something important and don't "have it on their radar".

I've commented on the other requests, adding my support as always and once again, I implore Rare to reconsider their stance on this matter, as it's MUCH requested and let's face it, in a game where ALL progression leads to cosmetics... what's the point if you're thoroughly unhappy with how your character looks in the first place?

• micropayment option? Somehow they need to make money, don't they.

• @goedecke-michel sagte in Rare, please implement a character editor of some type.:

micropayment option? Somehow they need to make money, don't they.

Yeah let people pay for that! So you can’t do that everyday and a 30 or 60 Days ban for this „immersion breaking“ request!

• I wholeheartedly agree.
    Even though this seems to be the mainstream opinion and I usually tend to disagree with mainstream opinions regarding Sea of Thieves – especially if they sound like: 'DIS GAME IS UNFINISH!!!' and 'WHERS THA CONTEEENT!!!!!' – This time it's different.

My personal experience was this:
    I started Sea of Thieves together with a friend and I did not know anything about how it works apart from having seen some fun videos on YouTube of streamers selling chickens and fighting sharks. I did not want to spend too long in the Infinite Pirate Generator, because I was curious to actually start playing and talking to my friend over headset. So I settled for the least ugly one.
    As it turned out, our first session was so much fun, it's ridiculous. We went to a remote island, dug up treasures, caught a snake, returned to the ship in a rowboat only to see it sinking right before our eyes, because we probably had overlooked some holes. With a new ship, we were joined by a friendly pirate legend who offered us an alliance if we helped him to kill some pink megalodon, which we did, along with a skeleton ship and afterwards we all got drunk, played music in the tavern and puked on one another. I finished my first session with a decent amount of gold and some good commendations.

At that point and even in the next sessions I did not know that I had to delete my pirate along with all my gold and progress if I wanted to create a new one. I don't like the look of my pirate anymore but I also don't want to lose all of my hard earned progress.

TL;DR: If I would've known that there is only one character per account and it's permanent, I would've spent more time in the IPG to find one I'm fine with.

I don't think I'd need more customization options. I'd be happy if I could create one new pirate and keep my progress - even if it's only allowed every 3 months or once per account.

• Same opinion and hope RARE changes this as it is something simple that we all want not a game breaker.

• i agree

back then, the main argument against a detailed character creator was that players were worried there would be multiple Captain Jack Sparrow lookalikes or every player would be a handsome beautiful pirate.

but i feel as if that argument is far from relevant these days since players can find what they are looking for in the IPG and players can find other players that look identical to their own character.

i personally think that the IPG should determine the similarities between each of your locked characters then generate pirates based on those similarities. if both locked characters are male, then all other pirates re-generated will be male, for example.

this is what i believe would be a simpler solution rather than discarding something for an entirely new system.

make it more interesting by allowing pirate legends to change their appearance. I know. few people want Pirate legends to have exclusive content, but isn't this the point of Pirate Legend? we have to give something exclusive to pirate legends eventually, and i think a "re-generate pirate" option would be fitting since the players is trying to become their own legend.

• You can pay for it.

It's probably one of the first items, next to pets, available when the store opens.

• @barnabas-seadog I've thought much the same thing tbh but I'm hoping they'll add a non premium currency method to regenerate your Pirate once, before adding such a thing - perhaps as a reward for reaching PL or A10.

• I really hope they bring in an editor of some sort.

I was lucky, I played the beta and I read up on the game pre-launch so I knew beforehand I would be stuck with my pirate. I spent upwards of 20 mins cycling through the options until I was fairly happy with my choice.

I get that Rare wanted it so the pirates were more varied by having them randomly generated but I don't think it would hurt to give people a way to fine tune their selection. I don't think everyone will edit them the same way and having your pirate look the way you want is more like self-expression.

Views
4 out of 10