Seeking information on Pioneer status

• Firstly, I'd like to state that I'm not creating a thread to beg for Pioneer status, I'm fully aware that such a thing is in all probability, the LEAST likely way to be added (or re-added for those that no longer have it) to it.

With Arena just around the corner and all the nods in the weekly dev stream that Joe and the team have made towards the programme being used to test the build/s before the general release, I just thought it'd be useful/informative if we had some up-to-date info on what I'd imagine, is a much sought after status.

From memory, it was a mix of player level/experience and forum activity, although I don't think this was ever officially confirmed. Any clarification on this and/or news about whether there might be another wave of recruitment being done ahead of the Arena release would be very much appreciated.

Also, apologies if the answers to all this is readily apparent somewhere really obvious already. I did take a gander and couldn't see anything recent anywhere.

Views
  • @xot3rm1n4t0rox Ahoy matey!

While this is subject to change in the future, the following article is the best source of information for all things Pioneer related. There has been recent talk of extending the programme to allow more Pioneers onboard probably to help with the testing of the Arena but we haven't heard anything more officially yet.

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000338388-Pioneer-FAQ

• @musicmee thanks for this, hopefully others will find the info useful too :)

• @xoT3RM1N4T0Rox, @Musicmee

Yes thanks! It is helpful. Nice to see an official FAQ on it and that it was recently updated. Still very vague though. Sure one does not need to find a secret doubloon at the bottom of a box of cannonball shaped cereal with skeleton marshmallows? : )

• I really wish I could help you, but when you become a pioneer, you need to be quiet. I met a guy who breaked the NDA, he was never seen again, but his pirate hat remains where he left it. A warning? Perhaps!

Letting the jokes aside, there is not much information even, it is only what is in the FAQ.

• Cheers for the heads up maybe some day i will get into pioneers be nice to give something back thanks No2 to complete 60/60 achievements .

• @x-crowheart-x They are definitely good at speaking in riddles and keeping there secrets haha

Hope to see you in the ranks one day bud!

• I remember hearing something about recruiting from the ranks of pirate legends for Pioneers.

Also noticed in my Xbox Live app, the Pioneers version of SoT.

Requires a code though, meh.

• @targasbr aye matey, we're well aware that what happens in Pioneer Camp, stays in Pioneer Camp, lest ye be keel hauled and made to walk the plank.

• @musicmee Thanks for the link pal, useful indeed.

It's a status that most people hope for one day 😊.

• I believe it would also be good to have a status on the xbox insider app. But I will need a mod to confirm that with me.

• @teck7772 said in Seeking information on Pioneer status:

I believe it would also be good to have a status on the xbox insider app. But I will need a mod to confirm that with me.

That would indeed be very useful imo. The insider app needs some love right now.

Views
8 out of 12