RNG skins and such?

• I’ve been playing the game since alpha and I love the fact that Rare has been adding more customizations for both ships and players. This could be received extremely poorly but I feel like I’d be interesting to see... let’s say you kill a kraken or meg etc. then you get a message that says new customization item earned, you get a really rare and cool looking sail, Hull, or weapon etc. it would allow players to be more unique. Have some common, some less common, and some as rare as the shrouded ghost. It would make players have even more incentive to kill things than just gold. Maybe trading? (Not too hot on this idea though) I feel like it would give players more to grind for, especially PLs. No duplicates or you get gold for dupes idk.

If you have any ideas or arguments for this please feel free to comment

Views
  • @scicrypi If it's as rare as the shrouded ghost I'll never get it D:

• @xcalypt0x I like this concept, it is a good idea. Tho there's some cosmetics for the kraken and some for the meg. Add a little more depth to the idea and try to make it complete. We can have people in the thread help to see if we can address it to The Pirate Counsil to see if they can in some way talk it out with the devs.

• @lmatticl I prefer cosmetics that I can put in work and grind for but to each his own. I would just want it to be reasonable and not next to impossible to obtain.

Currently I have every exclusive that has been available to me. No banana sails or jacket, no loot & lore sails, no rare sails obviously. I won't have the content creator stuff when that comes out so I'll have to make some content...

• @xcalypt0x I feel you! I rather work my rear part off to get things and it would be amazing if they implement this concept or something similar. What I'm just saying is that we need to try and make the suggestions more solid and viable. Come together as a Community and say "hey, I have this idea and I think it could work this way." Give it some fundation. A base that can be worked on. When we do things like this it is more probable to be considered by the devs.

• @xcalypt0x said in RNG skins and such?:

@lmatticl I prefer cosmetics that I can put in work and grind for but to each his own. I would just want it to be reasonable and not next to impossible to obtain.

Currently I have every exclusive that has been available to me. No banana sails or jacket, no loot & lore sails, no rare sails obviously. I won't have the content creator stuff when that comes out so I'll have to make some content...

I am one of the persons who doesn't like to look like the others. I like to be different

• @xcalypt0x that’s understandable, and I mean they wouldn’t have to be THAT rare lol, but just more customization and such that’s harder to get, preferably because there are a lot of options is what I want, so everyone can be more unique. Most people just run the hunter sails or Ghost ship etc. like the main ones that already do require work to get. I understand your point though.

• @scicrypi I'm rooting for your idea man. I'm willing to help you out and brainstorm skin concepts, ways to get it, variations and rarity. I am all up for getting more things and content to make your pirate be YOUR pirate if you know what I mean. That yeah we both might have the kraken cosmetic but it is not the same variation or rarity. But for this we need to make the ideas more solid so they can give it more concideration.

• @lmatticl
    Well I mean maybe there could be variations of certain sails, like let’s say they make a sails that have a relatively simple design, like the alpha sails or PL sails. From there you could get a tattered or a normal version, and a glowing emblem like the ghost ship sails or just normal black emblem, and the more of those that get stacked the more rare it is. Figureheads that are different colors (depending on the enemy, like the megs)
    Imagine killing the shadow maw and getting its heads as your figure head colored that way, and if you had the shrouded ghost it’d be white so on and so forth. Or just some of them be funny, like having a giant banana as a figure head or something etc.

• @scicrypi Yes! This is something I would love to see.

• If anybody has cosmetic ideas or ideas to make this system work better please contribute I would greatly appreciate it.

• @xcalypt0x hey what’s the North Star emblem next to your name?

• @scicrypi That is the boatswain forum badge. We are members of the community have been recognized for our positive behavior.

• @xcalypt0x ohh ok, that’s cool! Also would you want to play sometime?

• @scicrypi I have been saying this since alpha as well. I am also reminded of it every time I fight skellies with different color eye patches and stuff.

Example: If I kill a Skeleton with blue eye patch there should be a .01% or .1% chance that eye patch drops.

This could be extended to weapons they are holding and such.

• @scicrypi said in RNG skins and such?:

@xcalypt0x ohh ok, that’s cool! Also would you want to play sometime?

Sure absolutely. Feel free to add me: xCALYPT0x (with a zero).

• @captn-crushem yeah that’d be cool! It could also have drop rates effected by the time in game and weather etc.

Views
13 out of 17