Not loving the random skeleton ship encounters on Sloop

• I play duo sloop a lot, and the random skeleton Galleon encounters have gotten old. The Sloop doesn't have enough DPS to take down a skeleton Galleon fast enough, and the reward is so small (or nonexistent) for it to be a worthwhile distraction from a mission.
    I wish the skeleton ships would lose interest if we don't engage after a minute or so like the Megalodons do. Trying to ignore the skeleton ship while you're on an island doing a mission is very annoying.

Views
  • I hate to be this guy but, I came across (twice) Skeleton Galleons and I managed to take both of them down, and I was in a sloop, soloing it the whole time. The rewards is good, mainly if you want to do something just out of random. But I do agree if you don't want to engage with the ships they will just leave you, but RARE may want us to fight them off the defend our ship and loot. Just have to play by ear with them.

• @benzdorp Megalodons don't give up. They keep coming at you unless you go to shallow water. Or, I think they may be on a timer and leave you alone. I believe the kraken has a timer on it because I raised the sail to take out the kraken and after a bit of time the kraken just left. Ugh!

• Slooping is fine unless you're knocked off the ship when solo, thats not great. Otherwise I've done over 70 so far and not too much trouble really.
    The rowboat is your friend.

• Hi to all!

It's not very difficult to beat a Skeleton Gallion with a sloop. I did that many times. It requieres patience, and the price worth the battle.
    For the Meg, if you're leaving it cruising zone, it will leave you so you can run away, wich is more difficult if a Skeleton ship had target you.

But well, definitly balance. Practice and practice more. Grab a lot of stuff yourself to be prepared to randoms encounters while you're sailing... :)

• I feel you're going about it in the wrong way. I take down skeleton ships by myself without firing a single cannon shot.

1. always make sure you have some gunpowder barrels in your crowsnest (make stopping at an inactive fort the first thing you do to stock up).
    2. When you hear the Horn for an incoming ship just go up to the crows nest and grab one of those barrels.
    3. See the skeleton ship spawn and hop on board (with 2 people on a sloop this is so easy.
    4. Make your way down the the bottom deck, now comes the tricky part. You drop the barrel at the bottom of the stairs and light it while still running off, the following blast will take out all the skeletons following you downstairs and blow 4 holes.
    5. Defend the holes
    6. Profit.
  • What annoys me is when I'm doing cargo runs and engaging them is almost a guaranteed loss of cargo. I can solo one easily enough. It's just really frustrating when I'm grinding merchants. And a skeleton ship shows up. I usually just leave and rejoin

• As above, the fastest way to get rid of them in a duo or more is to use gunpowder barrels. Especially if the boarder can stay alive, one barrel can be enough. Usually we also use cannons on the ship so there are additional holes to speed the water intake up, but if you can defend the holes this isn't necessary. Also if you put lots of holes in, throw in a ballast ball... hilarity ensues (works even better on player galleons too as a lot of them ignore the upper holes until it is too late).

• If you keep escaping from them, there will be a moment that they just surrender and go back to the bottom of the sea. And sinking a Skelly Gally is as easy as putting 1 or 2 powder kegs below their deck. If you play duo sloop shouldn't have much problems, I usually play duo too and never had problems with that. Just go to a fort, grab some kegs, and use them properly. Grab some bananas and a blunderbuss to protect the holes if needed until it sinks.

Views
8 out of 10