Mermaids ruins everything

• What mermaids I am talking about are our friendly neighborhood mermaids that teleports us our ships. I have 1 issue with it and a suggestion. The issue is Rare you said we can ambush other pirates anywhere but what is the point if other pirates can see our mermaids the ambush is already compromised before they get to the island, mostly. It makes it so difficult to ambush if/when they see our mermaids so I ask please remove the mermaid sometime at least for now make it that other pirates can't see our mermaids. My suggestion is remove the mermaids sometime when you can for immersion. So if my ship sinks I am stranded on a island the only way to get your ship/s back is to go to a shipwright and buy a new ship. Do add things to do when I am stranded on a island like missions meant for pirates to do so it isn't boring. Oh also change it where when I die (meaning anyone) I come back to where I died and not on the ship by default. But for other pirates to see our mermaids has to go I am sorry but that just always compromises ambush/plans and ruins the experience

Views
  • This is not a ninja game. The mermaid does not limit anything, it only makes things difficult to campers, but nothing that a good player cannot solve. The chance to see the mermaid is the same as seeing the player coming toward the ship.

• @solestone563412 it would make sneaking gun powder barrels easier.

• Just to let you know the blue smoke that your mermaid emits for you to easily see where your mermaid is, isn't seen by other players. I think it's fair, if you're heading to an outpost and you see a mermaid near the outpost I think that's fair warning that someone is there and possibly outpost camping

• U know it its possible to NOT spawn a mermaid right?

Yes if u leave ship a mermaid will always show. Especially when u tend to be further away from your ship.

But if u want to sneak on an island without mermaid there are ways to do it.

IF alliance ship it is u want to sneak on. Go on and mermaid dissappears. Hide on ship. Does work on enemy ship aswell.

If no ship is around but u want to prepare an ambush without the mermaid showing. Take a rowboat. Dock it in a way enemies dont see it. If u come from a rowboat and dont go out TOOOOO far than a mermaid wont spawn. Because it reckons the rowboat as your ship.

If u hide on a island and the mermaid is to close. Go to the otherside of the island. Swim out untill the mermaid spawns infront of u. Swim back. Mermaid spawn should still be there far out. But now its not on the beach on the side of the island u dont want it to show.

Best option still would be use rowboat. because this makes the mermaid NOT spawn at all.

and incase u didnt know. The blue smoke a mermaid shows is only for your crew. Enemy crew's CANT see the blue smoke.

• @solestone563412 said in Mermaids ruins everything:

Mermaid is a necessary evil of the game.

However.... I once read (elsewhere on this forum) an idea to make "your" mermaid appear only when you are not carrying an item. In this way you could willingly delay your mermaid's arrival by carrying an item (chest, powder keg ...etc) with you at all times. So you could hide the mermaid but not, emote "Sleep hide", sprint or interact with other objects. Once you dropped the item the mermaid would "appear".

This seemed like a fair compromise for those who would like a bit more "deception" in the game?

this is not correct. I swim from 1 island to the other with a gunpowder barrel. It still spawns mermaids during my swimming trip. I hold the barrel all the way untill i meet enemy ship on the 1 island out.

• how do I downvote lol

• @weakdexx He was posting an idea on a change, he wasn't saying that's how it works currently.

• @Zormis @SoleStone563412

reading on a monday morning is not my forté XD

• @weakdexx Haha matey, i have been there especially before my morning grog.

Views
8 out of 10