Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2

• Patch Notes - 1.4.2

Ahoy pirates!

We hope you've all thoroughly enjoyed the festive season! Now that it's come to a close, Outpost residents across the Sea of Thieves are taking down their decorations for the year.

If you haven't used your Gilded Voyage yet, fear not! You can hold on to it and use it at any time. Duke has now run out and is no longer offering these Voyages, though he continues to offer Letters of Recommendation and bags of gold for purchase with Doubloons. In the meantime, we've fixed a number of issues reported by the community and made further improvements to loading times. Happy New Year!

Updates

• Loading Times – Further improvements to loading times should be noticeable with the release of 1.4.2.
    • Scalable Text Chat - Text chat can now be scaled via the settings menu.

Fixed Issues

• Cannon radial no longer sticks on a player's screen if they are knocked away from a cannon.
    • The lowest LOD texture on the Galleon ladder has been updated.
    • Players on the Ferry of the Damned will now be credited for Krakens killed by their crew.
    • Players no longer get teleported to the middle of the map while on a Rowboat during server migration.
    • Players should no longer intermittently fall off ship ladders when reaching the top.
    • Rewards in Kraken Watchtower Vault have been rearranged so they can all be picked up.
    • Migrating with an in-progress ‘X marks the spot’ map no longer puts treasure back in the dig spots.

Known Issues

• Some players playing on an Nvidia GPU might be experiencing rendering-related problems. While the team continue to investigate the issue further, a workaround has been found. Please follow these steps in order to mitigate your issue.

Download size:

Xbox One: 877 Mb
    Xbox One X: 877 Mb
    Windows 10: 965 Mb

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

[Team up and sail the seas.]

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • No fix for Keel Haul Fort? After the third skelly wave its bugged on every server.. :/ Tried it several times.

• No fix for going down ladders then up I see..lol

• Yay for the cannon and ladder bugs! Thanks me matey!

• Hundreds of hours played since the last update and still have not found the shrouded ghost, why is this even tied to commendations if it is more rare than the wondrous box of secrets, which I have still yet to find?!?

• can skellies still snipe me through structures and never ever miss?

• @blondagles said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

• Rewards in Kraken Watchtower Vault have been rearranged so they can all be picked up.

Wooooo!

• @lizalaroo said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Yay for the cannon and ladder bugs! Thanks me matey!

Aye! The cannon bug was a killer for a solo player, as the only way to correct it that I found was to close the game and restart it.

• @dreamskeeper911 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Hundreds of hours played since the last update and still have not found the shrouded ghost, why is this even tied to commendations if it is more rare than the wondrous box of secrets, which I have still yet to find?!?

I personally have no problem with these being incredibly rare spawns. Who cares if you don't ever get that one commendation? It makes it more special when someone does get it.

• @lizalaroo Yaaaayyyyyy no more Liz stuck in the water and me sinking :(

• @musicmee 🤣🤣🤣

• Players should no longer intermittently fall off ship ladders when reaching the top.

Oh cheers for fixing this one, how many times it made me crazy! 😱

First promising patch, I can't wait to find out what you are cooking for 2019!

Happy New Year and my best wishes to everyone 🎉

• Some nice fixes in here. I miss the issue in which Skeletons may spawn within the vault of a Skeleton Fort, though,

• Purple cannonballs sometimes dont work! Please fix it. This is very important for pvp.

• @polemisch said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

No fix for Keel Haul Fort? After the third skelly wave its bugged on every server.. :/ Tried it several times.

Have you tried having everyone die at the same time to reset the remaining skeletons in the wave?

• Loading improvements are always welcome.

Next week next Bilge Rare update?

• Wow! Glad I picked up my guilded voyage last night!

• 'Dig spots' being listed reminds me of Fable 😥

Great fixes, good job guys.

• Can The Kraken still suck me through the ship? Wrap brig/galleon over the haul pretty much making it game over?

• @alekseylight said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Purple cannonballs sometimes dont work! Please fix it. This is very important for pvp.

I've noticed this on skellie ships, too. Equally important for PvE. :)

• And that's it?!

• Hehe, it's been awhile since we had a small little update like this, I've missed those.

Those improved loadings times look tasty as well.

• Greatly appreciate the continued improvements to loading times! Noticed a big improvement in the last patch so this is more than welcomed.

Any eta on text chat for Xbox?

• @korsair178

Much like the rest of the world, Rare have families and friends and I hope they enjoyed a wonderful, restful Christmas break.

• For when the text chat on Xbox? It's unfair that it's only on PC

• @ogdirtyape if you die and visit the ferry it gets rid of it without having to leave the game.

• @lizalaroo You were luckier than me then. I died and the locked controls and wheel remained on the ferry and into respawn as well. Are you playing on XBox or PC?

• @jonaldinho said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

@dreamskeeper911 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Hundreds of hours played since the last update and still have not found the shrouded ghost, why is this even tied to commendations if it is more rare than the wondrous box of secrets, which I have still yet to find?!?

I personally have no problem with these being incredibly rare spawns. Who cares if you don't ever get that one commendation? It makes it more special when someone does get it.

Same. I just wish there were clues to where it'a more apt to spawn. I've sailed through every fogbank I see hoping to get lucky but no sightings yet! I think the otheres should be local to certain areas and only spawn at certain times etc and have the clues and lore about them tied to NPCs in the world.

• Great bug fixes😁

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

@jonaldinho said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

@dreamskeeper911 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Same. I just wish there were clues to where it'a more apt to spawn. I've sailed through every fogbank I see hoping to get lucky but no sightings yet! I think the otheres should be local to certain areas and only spawn at certain times etc and have the clues and lore about them tied to NPCs in the world.

I could get on board with that - NPC dialogue or random books on islands that give clues to its location.

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:
    I've sailed through every fogbank I see hoping to get lucky but no sightings yet!

I thought it was debunked that the Shrouded Ghost can only spawn in the fog.

• ALERT! since the latest patch theres a chance for screenflicker did not get i my self but 2 ppl in my crew said its so bad they cant look at the ship without getting a headache and its mainly around the ladders. (we were on a galleon)

• Fixed Issues

• Cannon radial no longer sticks on a player's screen if they are knocked away from a cannon.

Can someone elaborate on these two issues so that I do not misunderstand it.

• @prorapidkiller I can speak on the first one. It's straight forward, if you were on the cannon select radial(added in shrouded Spoils, hold LB or Q while on a cannon) and got knocked off of it the radial would stay stuck on your screen without remedy.

• @prorapidkiller said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.2:

Fixed Issues

Can someone elaborate on these two issues so that I do not misunderstand it.

If you were using the cannon and in the process of switching cannon balls (Q on PC) but were hit by a cannonball and knocked off of the cannon, the radial that lets you select which cannonball to load would stay on screen.

The farther you are away from an object the lower resolution the texture is. As you get close the texture res is increased. This happens at set intervals and often you can see when the texture detail changes if you watch it closes. Not sure what they did but the lowest res texture for the Galleons ladder has been changed.

Views
33 out of 76