Regarding the Achievement Rebalance Reward..

• I think it's understandable to reward those people who have sunk as many hours to complete these achievements but does that mean that people who were at 95% to complete some of them are not deserving just as much to get this reward or to be recognize for what they were trying to achieve nevertheless?

This reward should apply to all players who had their rate higher than the new rate. Meaning that players who had sold more than 360 Villainous Skulls should be recognized as well and don't make it unfair for those who were at 995 miles over the original 1000 miles to not be recognized as much.

It would be once again a complete stupid move to not acknowledge what your players are trying to achieve. Players shouldn't be punished for your bad communication skills or wrong original rates.

• I tend to want any and all options available in games, but I think it is very cool that they're putting in an extra exclusive reward for those who managed to 'over achieve'.

It's a reward that didn't exist, so it wasn't pulled away from anyone. They made it clear, from day one, that they'd put exclusive things in the game for an assortment of reasons and I think it is fine.
    Sure, I'd love those banana sails (honestly, I think the banana coloured black dog set looks fantastic and am jealous, when I think about it, hehe), but it's awesome that it's just this freak of an exclusive thing that I'll never have.

I can't get upset about not earning a reward that didn't exist prior to them reducing achievement numbers because they were ludicrously high.
    Also, they've been saying they were intending to lower those achievements for some time now (and that it was a matter for Xbox to make the final move on, due to the way those things work in the system). So, this change was no surprise... and the rewards are just a cool offering that I think makes this game rather special.

To me, it's not a matter of "I would have done it if I knew there was this special reward", but, instead, a reward for those who *already * did it anyway.

That's just MY thoughts though. To each their own!

• @skulliah I don't know why we even bother talking about this anymore. Rare finds a new way to screw up the incentives of the game, every time we write something.

• @skulliah side note though, Miles isn't even one of the achievements that was changed so, even having 1000 sailed in one of the factions doesn't count for the item.

• @skulliah said in Regarding the Achievement Rebalance Reward..:

I think it's understandable to reward those people who have sunk as many hours to complete these achievements but does that mean that people who were at 95% to complete some of them are not deserving just as much to get this reward or to be recognize for what they were trying to achieve nevertheless?

This reward should apply to all players who had their rate higher than the new rate. Meaning that players who had sold more than 360 Villainous Skulls should be recognized as well and don't make it unfair for those who were at 995 miles over the original 1000 miles to not be recognized as much.

It would be once again a complete stupid move to not acknowledge what your players are trying to achieve. Players shouldn't be punished for your bad communication skills or wrong original rates.

This is so beautiful..thank you!

• @skulliah 100% Agree with you. I was on the long-term grind and even after hitting Athena 10 back in July and regularly playing and still not completing these achievements, thus not being able to get those sails, really, really hurts.

• @o-h-g-r-i-n-g-o @Skulliah My only issue with that is then people will say "I was at 359 villainous skulls and if I knew about this reward before hand I would have turned in 2 more."

I think the best solution is to convert the old achievements to in-game commendations that unlock the sails. And then take it a step further. Create an over-achiever cosmetic for every part of the boat and each additional over-achiever commendation that you complete unlocks the next over-achiever boat cosmetic. If you complete one over-achiever commendation you get the sails. Two unlocks the flag. Three unlocks the capstan, and so on and so forth until 7 unlocks a figurehead and 8 is a title or something. And make it a really cool title that glows different colors or something crazy.

• @o-h-g-r-i-n-g-o @Skulliah @xCALYPT0x @Zyx @RareCSM yah its absurd that they'd reward something that takes months of heavy playing to do, and not tell us ahead of time, so that people who were also playing heavily for months and months, could get the last bit if they wanted to.

I still think they should have a separate reward for everyone that already got a10 or gets it in the next few weeks, and/or increase it to A20, cause athena commendations not tracking is a whole separate issue really. But I can see how, people who did get one of the achievements won't want it diluted to much. So that should stay exclusive, and at this point the only thing I can think to suggest for the over achiever sail, is for them to say anyone who has already, or gets one of the 1000 miles sailed achievements in the next week or so will get it. That's the one ridiculous one left still in the game, and anyone who was close should have one, or be close enough to knock it out in a week, if they really care, while not expanding it to much. I'd be curious to hear if anyone who has one of the achievements already, and/or anyone upset about not getting it thinks about that solution.

• @xcalypt0x Actually I like that as well, assuming they still have all the old data, I 100% agree that they should just put all the old levels back in as a higher tier of commendation, and it'd be great if that stuff unlocked cosmetics as well.

• @dekeita said in Regarding the Achievement Rebalance Reward..:

@xcalypt0x Actually I like that as well, assuming they still have all the old data, I 100% agree that they should just put all the old levels back in as a higher tier of commendation, and it'd be great if that stuff unlocked cosmetics as well.

Well they still have all of the data. They just lowered the requirements for the achievements. So all they would have to do is create a new commendation with the old achievement numbers and apply players' current progress towards those commendations. We might have to turn in 1 of everything to get the counter going but I don't think it would be that bad. I think the most work for them would be to create all of the cosmetics.

• @xcalypt0x I also said this already months ago though, on reddit, In a post I know Rare was reading and they didn't consider it then.

• @xcalypt0x I would definitely be on board for your suggestion!

• Ive Done plenty of them all (the big grind) so lets see If we get the sails or not :)

• @xcalypt0x @Dekeita

Well I agree on having some over-achievements in-game with a clear description for why they are here because some players would still complain for this huge amount to obtain. That way, those who were working on it can still unlock these new exclusive cosmetics.

However, I wonder if these cosmetics are not one of the rules that was required by the Xbox team to be able to change these achievements so I can understand that it can be more complicated than that to reward players.

But in any case, I remain on my position to offer this reward also for players who were trying to get these achievements, whether it is now or later when they really unlock it

• @skulliah having the old commendations brought back is for sure the best option.

Interesting thought though on potential stipulation, if that's the case and Rare has their hands tied on this, they really dropped the ball on not telling us sooner. But who knows.

• Very sad that this happens.
    I'm a big fan of this game, but I never tried to accomplish the above achievements in XBOX because these achievements did not give anything in the game. And the monotonous performance of one achievement could cause tiredness of the game. I played so much to have fun, knowing that all the limited cosmetics I can earn on time.
    I always made game achievements to get limited makeup. I have all the cosmetics that could be earned in the gameplay.
    If I knew that I would need to perform one of the achievements in order to obtain exclusive cosmetics - I would have done this a long time ago.

• @a-smollett said in Regarding the Achievement Rebalance Reward..:

Very sad that this happens.
    I'm a big fan of this game, but I never tried to accomplish the above achievements in XBOX because these achievements did not give anything in the game. And the monotonous performance of one achievement could cause tiredness of the game. I played so much to have fun, knowing that all the limited cosmetics I can earn on time.
    I always made game achievements to get limited makeup. I have all the cosmetics that could be earned in the gameplay.
    If I knew that I would need to perform one of the achievements in order to obtain exclusive cosmetics - I would have done this a long time ago.

Yeah this was the point I was trying to get across..I was a little heated when I figured this out..I just hate that it was a long term goal..but they nerfed it and then rewarded the players that had it done..well if I would of known this I would of also had it done..

• I think it would be right to make an exclusive skin for someone who has FIRST completed all the achievements (there is already such a person). This skin would be the same as a banana skin. This man deserved it.
    But to give an exclusive for 1000 sold captain chests without the opportunity to get it in the future is very disappointing.
    I very often simply did not take the chests or gave them to other crews. I did not have any problems with gold, and I simply did not want to hurry to fulfill an achievement that did not give anything. I decided that it would be right if it comes with time.
    I relied more on the success of the tasks of Athens. Digging up the captain's chests, we often simply did not pick them up.

Developers should think about this.

• @personalc0ffee that one wasn't lowered.

• and what is this achivement in french? so i could know what i should focus about
    :)

• @kermar-tutu

Ce sont les suivants:

• Marchand de poudre noire,
    • Marchand voyageur,
    • Marchand maraîcher,
    • Voyageur des âmes perdues,
    • Voyageur d'or,
    • Collectionneur d'or à coquilles,
    • Collectionneur d'or de capitaine,
    • Chasseur de crânes sordides confirmé.
  • Are the over-achiever sails coming with the next update?

Views
54 out of 57