12 Pirate Days of Christmas.. (Planning Thread now... CLOSED)

• alt text
    edit: Updated 20th December

.. event goes live 21st December

12 Pirate Days of Christmas

• Event to run 25th December to 5th January 2019
    • Official Event thread will be created 21st December to accept early entries. ( gives pirates plenty of time to start creating )
    • Take Screenshots ( A series of shots, or if you can.. One grand picture )
    • Or make a Video telling the 12 days in a creative pirate life way
    • The players decide what the 12 days mean to pirate life.
    • Each day has a "present" .... winner decided by a Gift Bearer.
      ie. each Competition day 25th, 26th... etc (for 12 days) an entry is selected as a winner for that day, by that days Gift Bearer.
    • Any Pirate can submit a new entry as little or as often as they like over the 12 Days
      (25th Dec - 5th Jan, submissions will be accepted from the 21st Dec on creation of Official Event thread)

The Gift Bearers

thank you all, this would not be possible without any of you!!

@Sshteeve - A Legendary Voyage
    @SpecialAdvisor - A Legendary Voyage
    @J4dio - A Legendary Voyage... & either a Huntress figurehead code, or Obsidian 6 pack code.
    @xCALYPT0x - 3x Ebony Flintlock DLC
    @x-Crowheart-x Legendary Voyage, ( A Legendary Visionary! )
    @KattTruewalker & @eredhar the pleasure of both their company on a Legendary Voyage
    @Golgari-Hexmage Legendary Voyage
    @Piratecraggy 1x 5x5 code for FerryMan DLC, 1x 5x5 code for Midnight Blunderbuss
    @"anonymous" (thankyou) 2 x 1month Gamepass 5x5

The Days

alt text

**** Days with multiple gifts, are likely to be divided between multiple winners.

Mechanics/Terms

• Each "Gift Bearer" has a nominated day & chooses from entries submitted. They can choose any entry, submitted on or up to their “Gift Day".
    • Please note it is the festive period the "Gift bearer" may be enjoying themselves. So it could happen, it might take a day or two until that "days" gift is gifted.
    • Legendary Voyages, these are likely to be arranged for sometime in the New Year.
      Or it could be earlier, depends what can be arranged between the Gift Bearer & recipient.
    • DLC codes shall be gifted within a few days, I'll try to do mine sooner as I know I'll be about.
    • The usual Forum rules and the Pirate Code apply, make it fun, & most importantly enjoy yourselves.

Yours...

alt text

Views
  • @piratecraggy an excellent idea!
    I would offer up a Legend Voyage and my company for the duration if required/welcomed for the session, perhaps I could attract a few other lovely Boatswain to come along with us to brighten the evening!

@Specialadvisor has a particularly silky smooth voice and is always welcome, but perhaps he could offer to voice-over a video for one of our content creators instead (he really is THAT good!)

• @sshteeve

That's sounds really good, love that idea!
    It could be a complete mixture of prizes/presents as you have pointed out with your suggestions, not necessarily tied to any one form or other.

As I said I'm happy to suggest this Idea, and would be very happy if someone on a" higher pay grade/influence " would wish to grab it & run with it.

• @PirateCraggy

Maybe you could do a Twelve Days of Pirate Christmas treasure hunt race? The total quantity for each day has to be presented or depicted in a screen shot for a daily prize. The first to gather and present the loot for a specific day wins a prize. The first person to complete the treasure hunt for all twelve days wins a grand prize.

Specify different starting points and finish locations to present the loot. Could specify different locations to take screen shots of the loot for each day if you go that route. Ship lanterns should also be lit with holiday cheer.

Twelve Days of Pirate Christmas Treasure Hunt

One Stronghold Gunpowder Keg
    Two Chests of a Thousand Grogs Sloshing
    Three Chests of Sorrows Weeping
    Four Peculiar Relics
    Five Golden Pigs
    Six Banana Crates
    Seven Shipwrecked Seafarers Chests
    Eight White Chickens Laying
    Nine Ashen Marauder Chests Smoldering
    Ten Red Snakes Hissing
    Eleven Villainous Bounty Skulls Smirking
    Twelve Captain's Chests Glistening

These are just examples of what needs to be collected. Can change or rearrange an item if necessary.

• @piratecraggy as @Sshteeve said, I'm willing to offer up a PL voyage and company to finish it.. also might have a code or two spare ;), so count me in on anything you wish to offer up as a prize.. always around to help when needed.

• @sshteeve said in 12 Days of Christmas.. Unofficial/Official Community Competition-IDEA:

@piratecraggy an excellent idea!
    I would offer up a Legend Voyage and my company for the duration if required/welcomed for the session, perhaps I could attract a few other lovely Boatswain to come along with us to brighten the evening!

@Specialadvisor has a particularly silky smooth voice and is always welcome, but perhaps he could offer to voice-over a video for one of our content creators instead (he really is THAT good!)

You are too kind shipmate :-D

The Holiday Season is a bit chaotic for me...but I'd be willing to assist in some fashion, time permitting ;-)

• @piratecraggy I might have an ebon flintlock code buried somewhere in my email. I'll have to double check.

• Thank you all so far...

I'll let it run over the weekend.. check back on progress/ take stock & plan the next step.
    I will require an @Deckhands help on this.
    We need to get a plan together that is within the rules of the forum, most certainly the pirate code, and can achieve it's original premise.

I think it could be a lot of fun if done right, and could extend the already great community spirit further, through the coming festive season into the coming year.

If anyone believes they can help plan this or get involved.. pop a line up or if you like.. DM (Direct Message) me for a chat. Thx :)

• Possible Competition Mechanic

alt text

So, I given thought to the possible “mechanic”,
    based around the “12 days of Christmas”.
    ( Please note, this is a "Working Title" for the event, I'm sure it will be more SoT named )

• 1 partridge in a pear tree
    • 2 turtle doves
    • 3 french hens
    • 4 calling birds
    • 5 gold rings
    • 6 geese a-laying
    • 7 swans a-swimming
    • 8 maids a-milking
    • 9 ladies dancing
    • 10 lords a-leaping
    • 11 pipers piping
    • 12 drummers drumming

Pirates submit either a picture or video clip from in game.
    That best describes or is “their” interpretation of each day.

With the “12 days” running 25th December to 5th January
    On the 25th we start with the 1st Day “Partridge”
    Partridge entries can be put up obviously on the 25th,
    winner decided on the 26th.

Then we are on to the 2nd Day - “Turtle Doves”, & the process repeats.
    Winner, decided by the “Bearer of Gift

An idea might be to start the submissions from the 24th…
    ...so “Partridge” winner is decided on the 25th?

Some thoughts....Yip, a there is a lot of birds :)

Day 3 should be easy, extremely interested how the others will be interpreted, should be fun to see how these are imagined.

Day 12 Drummers…

Well, we should have no problem there. I'm sure Merrick would approve :)

I really like @x-Crowheart-x idea,
    that possibly we could substitute for items in game.
    I'm very tempted we go more this direction...

Let me know your thoughts.

• @piratecraggy

A screenshot and video contest probably will be the easiest to work out. Maybe have the 12 screenshots and a single video category. The video would have to include the all.

Treasure hunt would be fun, but timing could be issues bringing folks together. So let the player decide what the 12 days mean to pirate life.

For example maybe someone change the lords leaping to gathering some players on the server and they all dress in crab outfits taking a screenshot of everyone jumping for 7 crabs a leaping. Maybe three full galleon crews stand on the masts and drum for the 12 drummers. A person could put a gold chicken in s tree.

So call it the 12 Pirate Days of Christmas. The rules are to take screenshots or make a video telling the 12 days in a creative pirate life way. Give a couple ideas like I mentioned as examples of how they could do it.

• @piratecraggy

Just came across this, lovely idea!

I'll happily volunteer a voyage with @eredhar and KattTruewalker, if you think it'd be a worthwhile reward lol, or failing that a chest or two or three :D

• @katttruewalker
    @x-Crowheart-x ....Major Thanks... for your help!!!

THX guys... think we have ourselves a competition :)

so....

12 Pirate Days of Christmas

• Event to run 25th December to 5th January 2019
      Competition thread will be created 23rd December to accept entries
      ( gives pirates plenty of time to start creating )

• Take Screenshots ( A series of shots, or if you can.. One grand picture )

• Or make a Video telling the 12 days in a creative pirate life way

• The players decide what the 12 days mean to pirate life.

• Each day has a "present" .... winner decided by bearer of gift.
      ie. each Competition day 25th, 26th... etc (for 12 days) an entry is selected as a winner for that day, by that days gift bearer.

• Any Pirate can submit a new entry as little or as often as they like over the 12 Days (25th Dec - 5th Jan, submissions will be accepted from the 23rd Dec on creation of new thread)

• Running order of 'gifts' over the period ... to be confirmed.. stay tuned :)

examples, but not necessary to follow

Day One - One Stronghold Gunpowder Keg
    Day Two - Two Chests of a Thousand Grogs Sloshing
    Day Three - Three Chests of Sorrows Weeping
    Day Four - Four Peculiar Relics
    Day Five - Five Golden Pigs
    Day Six - Six Banana Crates
    Day Seven - Seven Shipwrecked Seafarers Chests
    Day Eight - Eight White Chickens Laying
    Day Nine - Nine Ashen Marauder Chests Smoldering
    Day Ten - Ten Red Snakes Hissing
    Day Eleven - Eleven Villainous Bounty Skulls Smirking
    Day Twelve - Twelve Captain's Chests Glistening/ Twelve Pirates Drumming (or playing music)

It doesn't need to be any of the above.... as mentioned below, a Pirate is free to use their imagination!!!

@x-crowheart-x said in 12 Days of Christmas.. Unofficial/Official Community Competition-IDEA:

For example maybe someone change the lords leaping to gathering some players on the server and they all dress in crab outfits taking a screenshot of everyone jumping for 7 crabs a leaping. Maybe three full galleon crews stand on the masts and drum for the 12 drummers. A person could put a gold chicken in s tree.

So call it the 12 Pirate Days of Christmas. The rules are to take screenshots or make a video telling the 12 days in a creative pirate life way. Give a couple ideas like I mentioned as examples of how they could do it.

So.... so far... The Gift Bearers
    @Sshteeve - A Legendary Voyage
    @SpecialAdvisor - has a lovely voice!!! Time permitting, he may be willing to assist in some fashion ( A Legendary Voyage in the New Year possibly?) :)
    @J4dio - A Legendary Voyage, possibly a mystery Code!!!
    @xCALYPT0x - is double checking, could be an Ebony Flintlock 5x5 code !!!
    @KattTruewalker & @eredhar the pleasure of both their company on a Legendary Voyage
    @Piratecraggy 1x 5x5 code for FerryMan DLC, 1x 5x5 code for Midnight Blunderbus
    @"anonymous" (thankyou) 2 x 1month Gamepass 5x5

Update December 6th
    @x-Crowheart-x Legendary Voyage, ( as well as a Legendary Visionary! )
    @xCALYPT0x 3x Ebony Flintlock DLC. ( Kudos Sir!! )

Let me know guys above if you are happy enough, or any other suggestions on format.
    Your help is greatly appreciated as your wonderful generosity!!!! Kudos All!!!

Any other generous Pirate wants to get involved .... just pop a line up or two.
    We have a few days still needing a gift... still plenty of time.

Yours...

alt text

• @PirateCraggy

Will give a legendary voyage. If the winner wants company, my spouse and I will sail with them to help haul in the chest and whatever the winds blow us towards along the way.

• @x-crowheart-x
    Oooh, I'd like that... sailing with proper pirates... 😏

• @piratecraggy Found the email. I have 3 Ebon Flintlock codes to give away (I have a fourth but I want to do my own giveaway for the last one :P ).

• @xcalypt0x

Wow... that is brilliant!
    Are you wanting to pop up all three? For different days.
    One would be appreciated, 3 is extremely generous.
    On a quick count ( I'll have to do a proper check later ) that would possibly fill out the twelve days, that not to say we couldn't have two prizes a day from different "gift bearers", or two on certain days, if we find ourselves in that situation.

However, Ideally I would probably like to keep it to one "Gift Bearer" a day, as it is their generosity that made that day happen.
    ie. A Gift Bearer of course can themselves have multiple days, but not share it with another bearer, just incase that last bit didn't read right.

I'm happy to go with consensus from you all on this, you guys made this happen!
    Let me know if this feels right, or if I'm wrong, or if I would be complicating matters if we had 2 a day ( if we found ourselves in that situation )?

So if you are up for it @xcalypt0x.... I really appreciate your involvement to the cause. Kudos to you Sir!!!

• @xCALYPT0x
    @x-Crowheart-x

Thanks guys for your extremely generosity!!
    I have updated the Post, thank you for being a part of this!

• @piratecraggy FIVE GOLDEN PIGS???!
    I'd hate to keep those fellas alive long enough to make the video!

:O

• @sshteeve

Right enough..... :)
    Didn't think of that... lol
    Thank goodness it doesn't really fit with another day... although to see 12 would be ........ well, something else!!!!

Would deserve a special prize... possibly!!!??????
    Would this be deemed an "Over Achiever" award? lol...

• @sshteeve said in 12 Pirate Days of Christmas.. Unofficial Community Competition - Progressing Nicely!!:

@piratecraggy FIVE GOLDEN PIGS???!
    I'd hate to keep those fellas alive long enough to make the video!

:O

Lol! Yeah it started out as a challenge for a treasure hunt version. The most pigs we have sailed with at one time has been nine. We kept finding lots of cages for both chickens and pigs.

So, we collected them along the way doing Merchant voyages. Idea was to keep a few ahead of each to help with voyages along the way. At one time we had nine pigs, seven chickens, and six snakes.

Had a member on the crew that was so compulsive everything was so nicely organized in sections on the ship. Feeding the pigs was like handing out bananas on an assembly line. That seemed to be the crew’s limit on pigs and snakes. Had to really talk them down to taken drastic measures when the banana supply got too low.

Have been hoping to see other creatures by now. Thought we would see crabs, birds, bats, etc. Not sure everyone is looking forward to the livestock voyages growing though.

• @piratecraggy The three codes are yours to give out however you see fit :) Just let me know if I'm sending them to you or to the winners directly.

• @xcalypt0x

Hey....That's really great.
    They are your codes, you have the pleasure of handing them out to the lucky Pirates.
    You'll get to choose who is the winner on your day from the entries submitted up to that date.

Basically each of us have a day each ( I'm to sort the order out yet ), with you having 3 codes, you have three days which it's probably best to break them up over the event. I've two days, so I'll break mine up etc.
    Does that work out okay?

• @piratecraggy Sure, whatever you think is best :) If I have to double up on a day or something that's fine as well.

• @xcalypt0x

Yeah that's fine, the current count is 12.
    Which is ideal, & fits the event perfectly.
    If we are lucky enough to have another Pirate or two jump aboard I may need to look at the mechanic.

• @PirateCraggy

I'd be willing to offer up an Athenas and help with the completion (should they desire it) in the post-New Years range if you still wanted folks. If you're all set no worries, I just figured I'd offer to decrease the time burden for those currently doing multiple days.

• @golgari-hexmage

That's extremely kind...
    Yip... New Year "Legendary Voyages"... can't see a better way for a Lucky Pirate to start the year.
    Greatly appreciated, I'll join you to our ranks!!!

edit: thank you also, re. "Multiple Days" issue, I know it's busy enough over the holiday period .....so that is also greatly appreciated. (Doffs Hat)

• Update 13th December

Thankyou all guys,
    Just working behind the scenes a little.
    Thought I should pop up a quick update & refresh original posting.

@Sshteeve
    @SpecialAdvisor
    @J4dio
    @xCALYPT0x
    @x-Crowheart-x
    @KattTruewalker
    @eredhar
    @Golgari-Hexmage
    @"anonymous"

• @piratecraggy cheers matey.
    I wonder if someone would be willing to offer up their Gilded Voyage as a reward?! (doubt it given it's a one-off, but a nice thought if someone is willing!)

• @katttruewalker

I go for it :D hope i win this voyage with crew ^^

Might be last time you guys volunteer to babysit :P ever tried taking a crazy dutch merchant on legend voyage it takes forever i totally noob around if i see a empty chicken coop i simply forget im on a voyage :D

• @piratecraggy I'll add to mine either a Huntress figurehead code, or Obsidian 6 pack code :)

Good work Craggy, 'tis the season ;)

• @j4dio said in 12 Pirate Days of Christmas.. Community Competition - Updated 13th Dec:

@piratecraggy I'll add to mine either a Huntress figurehead code, or Obsidian 6 pack code :)

Good work Craggy, 'tis the season ;)

HOW MANY OF THOSE DO YOU HAVE?!
    Best not be giving away those codes you offered on the other contest we are running matey! ;P

• @j4dio

Wow... your epic!!!
    Shall update... truly epic, thankyou.... thankyou!

• @sshteeve I shall neither deny or admit, that I might have a few of both ;)

• @ruigtand-nl said in 12 Pirate Days of Christmas.. Community Competition - Updated 13th Dec:

@katttruewalker

I go for it :D hope i win this voyage with crew ^^

Might be last time you guys volunteer to babysit :P ever tried taking a crazy dutch merchant on legend voyage it takes forever i totally noob around if i see a empty chicken coop i simply forget im on a voyage :D

We'd both be very happy to have you along :D

• @katttruewalker

Im gonna try my very best to win :D oh it would be sweet but

Views
13 out of 49