Stop the Server Merges

• @ant-heuser-kush listen I don’t actually care about the title so can you stop highlighting repeatedly that the title makes no sense. Also the last part of your post was wrong. From personal experience you only draw rates attention if you swear or use vulgar language as you see none of my posts contain that sort of stuff.

• @danklizard202 said in Skeleton Forts are a waste of time:

[Mod edited]

that's funny, my typo, you got me. Can't sleep now. I might come off stupid.... your smarter than me then.... OK. If your post had a typo, It wouldn't require clarification nor draw any attention. You're pretty determined to come off looking like the smart one aren't you. @Kat-Truewalkerr Please read this. If I deserve a ban, so be it.

• @sprungnickel427 I’m not making myself out to be the smart one. Why are you calling a moderator you done nothing wrong

• @danklizard202 @SprungNickel427

Ahoy mates, it might be time to sail over to another thread before ye be raisin' yer cutlasses.

We welcome constructive and respectful discussion on the forums and ye can read the forum rules here -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/45966/sea-of-thieves-official-forum-rules

Derogatory Language
    Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Harassment
    Harassment is any repeated action that makes the other party uncomfortable. Harassing Rare Employees, Global Moderators, Deckhands or Community Members will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• @danklizard202 said in Skeleton Forts are a waste of time:

@ant-heuser-kush well forts sort of are a waste of time if your not even able to collect your rewards

The loot is nice to get, but overall meaningless. The point of doing the skull fort is to do the raid encounter, not so much getting the loot it self; that part is a massive bonus.

However with that said, if a skull fort has been completed then it's reasonable to think that the server merger should not take place for say 15 min after the event is closed so that the pirates who secured the loot have time to load and go.

• @personalc0ffee This is really interesting then cause there are a lot of "bugs" asociated with merges while questing in moments when a merge shoulnd't be present and I though one could "evade" them this way in moments of risk (like shoveling an athena quest, losing it while the merge). There should not be merges in certain moments then I think... Ty @PersonalC0ffee , and sorry @DankLizard202 for my first answer, seems that I didn't know a #%&@ of this too (at least I dont complain in the forum and insult other users O_O )

• @ant-heuser-kush listen to me mate I didn’t “personally attack” him. I didn’t even directly call him a (you know) I said he was acting idiotically. And he was he was being pretty rude to me too. If “do not falsely report someone” was a rule I would report you right now. Also yes I will change the title

• @PersonalC0ffee @Ant-Heuser-Kush
    How sure can we be of this anchor thing? I'm not saying you're lying or anything I'm just aching to find this out.

See I've been telling people for a long while now that I've not seen one since like a week after launch of this game. I've had this screen once and never again.

Yesterday evening we've had a new player in our midst and we were doing an athena quest, everything went fine we stopped at islands and we got our lout etc.

We had not seen any other players for a decent while so a server merge would be imminent you'd think but none happened. We then went to marrows peak to turn in our treasure, dropped the anchor and the moment we stopped the message appeared, I'm not saying it happed when we were offloading treasure, no the moment we dropped anchor.
    Usually we'd never drop anchor, we've gotten good at judging distance and sailing into port without anchoring but with 2 players and a newer one with me we had to.

After this gameplay session I'm kinda with @Amancebacabras on the whole you will only be merged when you're anchored.

Is there a quote from the devs where they debunk this?

• @amancebacabras thanks matey. You got the last part wrong though.

• @danklizard202 I believe mergers causing forts and other things to be lost/reset is a confirmed issue and is already being worked on by Rare

• Server merges always happen to me when the anchor is dropped or has been recently dropped. I try to never drop anchor and almost never get server merges so...idk.
    Also, FYI, there are a select few (specifically two) forum users that will always bash and try to get locked, anyone’s post that doesn’t agree with them.

• @danklizard202 Word. I take down forts solo all the time. Surprisingly, I’ve only encountered server merges with either key in hand or key on the boat so I haven’t gotten burned yet out of a half dozen or so post-fort server merges.

Once you practice doing forts solo often you’ll get really good at it, and believe me, you can reduce the time it takes to complete a fort to 15-20 minutes solo from the time you get onto the island to the time you defeat the captain.

Solo fort victory mostly boils down to luring skeletons into the main fort area and timing sword lunges... fight then flight, mainly utilizing the first two floors of the fort as a long loop until defeating the entire wave and trying to restock on bananas inbetween waves. Occasionally, in emergency situations, you’ll be forced to the highest floors of the fort and may need to jump off the fort entirely to give yourself some banana time and start fighting skeletons again at the fort entrance. The fort entrance and fort ramps are sweet spots so if you can lure multiple skeletons to these spots and time your sword lunges, you can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. If you’re good with the sword, you’ll want to always hold in block first(left trigger on xbox) and hold attack second(right trigger on xbox) for better combat results. This is because once you get into the habit of ALWAYS holding left trigger first, you have the option to tap jump while backing up before performing the sword lunge. This allows you to escape the grips of the skeletons closest to you before sword lunging so you can focus on doing more fight than flight, reducing the time it takes to complete the fort.

It’s much less devastating knowing that if you were robbed of fort loot, it only took 20 minutes or so of your time and that another fort is right around the corner, especially since the shrouded spoils update. Of course, there are always exceptions. When other ships come along, it can take a lot longer to complete a fort and it always hurts when you take down 9 waves solo and the 3rd boat is the one that sinks you.

Cheers

• @ant-heuser-kush I don’t think you understand what I mean telling someone what their saying is idiotic is not personally attacking. It never has and never will be. Think before you report people. And I love the way you report me and completely ignore the fact that the other guy was being rude.

• @ant-heuser-kush Let them go about and dig their holes, it's not worth it.

• @danklizard202 sagte in Stop the Server Merges:

@alexspk13 yea mate go and try to complete a fort solo and have low supplies for me and then come back here and say it’s easy

I have to say, it IS EASY...and no matter how low on supplies, if you need one hour, ok, but hours? Should have done something else then...

• @danklizard202 sagte in Stop the Server Merges:

@amancebacabras yea and how else was I supposed to get the treasure back if I didn’t have a ship? Anchoring bear a fort has nothing to do with servers merging as I said in my post I saw another crew anchor outside a fort and get away with all the loot

You saw another ship with the loot and they didn't merge...guess why, they are not alone on the server, at least there were you...you only server merge when you're the only one on the server

• @danklizard202

There's a little bit of a reference to this on reddit, the forts do sound like a work in progress but this was from a month ago -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/9sf04z/beat_the_skelly_ships_server_merged_and_then_this/e8okfm9/?context=3

• @solestone563412 we never drop anchor.

• @DankLizard202
    'imagine you’ve finished doing a long Athena’s voyage and you’ve finally come across the legends chest but then the server merged and you weren’t able to pick up the chest.'

already happened... crew was digging up the athena, then another ship came around (athena wasn't fully dug up) killed the ship sailed back to the island, anchored there, server merge, still seeing the chest but can't dig/ pick up the athena -.-

so then we thought: never anchor again, if there is still loot to grab anywhere. but it still happened, i think when the whole crew is on board it merges you, which is bad for a one man sloop.

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Stop the Server Merges:

@iamkatman4 said in Skeleton Forts are a waste of time:

@genuine-heather hmm, we have only merged when dropping anchor.

I've merged while at the helm. I lost all control of my vessel and crashed into the island. 💥🏝

Good times.

I can see you doing this without a server merge ;)

• @ant-heuser-kush well goodbye. Every time I make a decent post there’s always someone like you out there trying to get the worst of me lol

• I have been lucky up until the latest update.

Between launch and the Shrouded Spoils, I had never experienced one server merge (6.5 million metres sailed). I have now experienced 4, the last 2 of which were within about an hour or so of each other last night.

1st: No big deal, was just traveling from point A to B.
    2nd: Was unloading a Skelly Fort haul when one of our crew dropped the Stronghold chest from the bowsprit to the dock. Server Merge and the chest was gone for a few seconds then magically appeared back in his hands, thankfully!
    3rd: Just sunk a random Skelleon and we merged the moment it sunk below the surface, all loot was lost in the merge. This one was infuriating as the wife and I were duoing a Brig and the Skelleon was bombarding us with anchor balls, took forever to take down as it kept its distance.
    4th: Not a huge deal other than it merged us in an area surrounded by another Brig, Sloop and Galleon. Caught us by surprise as we had a ship full of loot with nobody around as we were making our way to an outpost.

I understand the needs, but they definitely need some more work.

Views
54 out of 57