Dissapointed once again

• So you are going all in with the new patch ? Sorry, just can't see that.

First of all, im Athena 10 and was excited for new content for us...So you make us do everything over again, for what ? Nothing really. You could have made that every level of Athena gave new commendations or what not, but nope, it's [mod edit] easy to become Athena 10 now a days instead of the people who actually did spend hundreds of hours in to your game and was actually believing in you could make this game epic some day...That ship has sailed, nothing really ever happens, new commendations that takes about a day to complete and are completely boring and is just grinding on grinding and now you made this ? You are now making us redo the whole freaking game basically! ...You guys made one of the best looking games in many years with this kind of graphic, but with a big empty world. This game looks like it could be fun for new players, but you have done nothing to keep the old players that was here for you in the beginning.
    We have a discord that had 200 people in it and a very active community! That's all gone now, nobody want's to play anymore because there is literally NOTHING to do in it.
    Take a week off, come up with some new things ! hell, even the community in here has great ideas! But for what use if you just do your own stuff instead of reading them as you said that you would listen to the people..
    The best addon's to the game has been Megalodon and skelly's with gunpowders...But all of this seems like it should have been there from the release.

Great looking game, g*****n boring after all the grind with no good rewards for it.
    This is just my opinion,

Views
  • @saymens Abhoy!
    Part of your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code

Obscene and Vulgar Language
    Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please keep the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in mind in future.

Thank you.

• @saymens I feel for you man. I know a lot of the AF10 players are really upset about this. This update is much better for people who just reached pirate legend. It doesn't do much for the players who have been at pirate legend for a while and already done Athena stuff.

Hopefully they add something in the game for you guys too. Currently I'm Athena 7(.25) so I still have a decent amount of voyages left to do.

• Is the main issue about the commendation for cashing in athenas chests. Im confused? rare says they haven't been tracking these stats? Its literally in our Athens level. Divide chest XP by our current athena lvl and you have how many chests we have cashed in? Why is that not possible?

• @katchep Well that would have worked before the ashen chests came into play.

• @xcalypt0x damn you right.

• @katchep But given all of the stuff they keep track of, I am baffled that the number of Athena's chest we have turned in was not one of those things. Sure, they weren't using it for anything but they keep track of freaking distance swam....

I just have a hard time believing that lol.

• @xcalypt0x said in Dissapointed once again:

@katchep Well that would have worked before the ashen chests came into play.

I think given the original DR cheesiness with the volcanoes, I don't have a problem with giving them extra credit for turning those in.

• I think that even though they don't have the data for what players have already done in regards to the legend commendations it would have been nice if they gave us some progress based on intelligent assumption using your current Athena rank. What I mean is if someone is Athena rank 10 they could work out you must have handed in 90+ Athena chests and award that progress, to do that you would have sailed around 'X' nautical miles and gave progress and so on.......but I do realise that would be a lot of work to do that for every player that is legend.
    I'm just gonna keep playing, having fun and not enter into any 'grind' for the new cosmetics. I'll unlock them at some point.

• @katchep said in Dissapointed once again:

Is the main issue about the commendation for cashing in athenas chests. Im confused? rare says they haven't been tracking these stats? Its literally in our Athens level. Divide chest XP by our current athena lvl and you have how many chests we have cashed in? Why is that not possible?

But ive been helping my crew with athena after i became lvl10.
    How many more did i do? U cant divide above lvl 10.

• @katchep @xCALYPT0x The thing is, the commendtaion is about cashing in Athena Chests AS A LEGEND. And that´s probably what they did not track.

• @saymens sagte in Dissapointed once again:

Take a week off, come up with some new things ! hell, even the community in here has great ideas! But for what use if you just do your own stuff instead of reading them as you said that you would listen to the people..

Literally every single extension of the last update was highly requested by players in this forum.

• I really find it so stupid.. Its like Rare asked us to run 93 marathons, and then we want to collect the medals, but Rare said that each time we ran over the finishline, they closed their eyes so they cant be sure that we really did run 93 marathons. So to be safe, you have to run a 100 more.

A 100 more?? Are they kidding me? Its not like its anything new, exciting or they added something new to it. Its just the same. To do a 100 Athena runs, is what? 150-200h gameplay, of something i have already done once? And then they expect me to be happy about it?
    If commendations had been something new do to, or something different i maybe could be just a little happy about it. But its LITTERALLY the same thing i already have done 93 times? I get it, if it was like max is handing in 10 or maybe even 20 Athena chests. But its 100... It took me forever to hit Athena 10, and now they dont reward me for doing so? And dont start on the; But you didnt have fun, you didnt explore the game.. Blablabla
    I did it we some friends of mine 90% of the time, so i did have fun. And no i didnt explore the world, i did that when i was leveling from 0 to 50 i all the merchant companies, before starting on Athena voyages.

I really cant be that hard to divide the players Athena rep with the amount of XP the Legends Chest gives you. If you are Athena 10, then they you have handed in 93 chest, the average Athena mission is X miles long, so you have sailed X miles * amount of chest you have handed in. And so on. Its not like its rocket science.

I really feel that this update, dose nothing but gives big slap in the face for some of their most loyal players. And then they at the same time expect us to be happy about it. The fact is, they didnt give Pirate Legens anything new to do, they just gave us the exact same thing to do, but now they resat our progress, so we all have to start from scratch.
    Imagine if they added new stuff to the game, and you have to be a PL to unlock it, but Rare said that they didnt track the data, so would have to level to PL again. Its exactly the same thing, the only different is that the amount of people that would have been p****d of would be a lot higher.

The way Rare dont give a **** about the people that actually plays the game between big game updates is a joke.

• Maybe you need to be reminded that Athena 10 Pirate Legends are a complete minority in this game so you should not expect a plethora of content to be created specifically for this group of people. More content for Pirate Legends? Yes, expect that- and we got some commendations and cosmetics to earn this time around.

Maybe you should also be reminded of all of the cool changes with this update not specifically related to Pirate Legend because there's a lot more to it than that. Try enjoying the experience rather than making it about a grind and saying "No PL-A10 content, game is terrible."

You'll be a lot happier, believe me.

And yes, I am a Pirate Legend at level 10 in Athena's Fortune, so I do have perspective here.

• @guldlasse easy help your friends who isnt A10 yet. Have more fun with more friends, Make new friends. I dont understand what the problem is. You make your own fun in this game,

• @chronodusk It have nothing to do with "No PL-A10 content, game is terrible." But the fact that they said they will add PL content, but what they do is just adding a tracker so i can se how many Chest of Legends i have handed in IS NOT CONTENT.
    And the fact that i have ALREADY dont that, and now they expect me to do it again?
    Contratulations on hitting Athena 10, but we didnt track the proges (Even tough we know it takes 93 chest to become Athena 10), so will have to do it again, cus you know thats CONTENT.
    And it dosent matter if we are in a minority or a majority, the fact that they dont recognize the journey we have been on and hours we have spend on this game, that p****s me of, a lot tbh. Its hard to enjoy the game, when you see how they take a dump on the loyal players labels it as content, and expect us to be happy about it.

• I actually really like this update overall. A lot. And luckily, I don’t care too much to obtain the pirate legend steering wheel. But I do get the frustration. 100% actually. I’d actually be willing to set a goal to get that wheel, if it wasn’t required to do 100 Athena quests. Nooooo way broskie. I stopped at like 6 and 3/4 for Athena. And even still, half of my brain has fallen flat from the brain deadening grind.

I really want the legend pocket watch and stuff, but again, neeope. I’m not doing boring quests I already grinded into the ground so far down it hit China. Maybe you could’ve locked the cosmetics behind the adventurous commendations instead of the grindy ones? Derp.

Rare is good at listening. I feel like they’ll do something to fix this a little.

• PL A10 here.
    At first I was really bummed, and had a similar viewpoint as the OP. I worked hard for A10, and have continued to help my crew on their journey as well. Why shouldn't I be rewarded for already doing some of this work?

But I realized something, I still enjoy the grind. And with this new update, the grind isn't a grind any more, it's a journey!

Started an Athena last night with 3 man crew. Two islands in and we're approached by another Brigantine looking to alliance up. Shared rewards, awesome!
    As we leave Sharkbait and head towards Snake Island, Redmaw pops up. Normally we'd just keep those sails full and power through to next location. Not today, took a break and sent her back to the depths and collected some mediocre loot.

At Snake Island we see another Brigantine at Old boot and our Alliance ship heading that way. Guess what? Fog rolls in, BAM Stealth approach. Sunk the Brigantine and proceeded to complete the fort with our Alliance. They weren't legends, so we gave them them a good portion of the loot. We kept Big Boom Bertha, cause "why not"?

Continuing on with our Athena we get the last map, Stitcher Jim's island (I'm blanking on the name today). Guess what now? Skelly Galleon is patrolling. PERFECT. Anchorball, Peaceball, then dropped Bertha and sent them back to Davey Jones as well. Mediocre loot again, but now we can collect our Chest of Legends.

All in all, still took 2 hours but was so much more fun because the "grind" didn't play a factor anymore. We knocked about level one on a couple of the Legend Commendations. My crew isn't A10, so my helping them with their journey just helps me with mine as well.

TL;DR - This update makes the grind feel less like a grind. I have no problem powering through these missions again!

• @iisrgntwolfii I agree, this update did add some good things. A lot of things is happening, but i can enjoy that without doing 100 Athena voyages once more.
    And then they put the bar at 100 Athena Chest, not 10 or 20 but 100. You have to do a 100 once more. That is just not happening, i did my grind once. I spend over 200 hours doing Athena voyages, and now Rare are telling me i have to do it again, and that we should praise them cus they added ''content''.

• @xcalypt0x I’m at the same on rep so now we have to go to lvl 17.5 before we unlock the rest. Lol

• Get out there and earn your ship livery

• Yep I have been PL since 1 month after launch, and A10 before the mermaids were introduced to the game, I am all for new content and new commendations, but make them retroactive! Why after doing over 200 of the Athena missions regular and in the Devils roar, would I want to start from scratch again? I was really angry at the laziness of Rares coding team on this one. Here is new content!!! But really it is us telling you to do the same stuff 100 more times again... RARE = FAIL.

• Think of it like a promotional contest. Starting from the day Shrouded Spoils was released, anyone who can deliver 100 Athena chests to the mysterious stranger will get first prize. Second place is a set of steak knives, and last place is, you're fired. What you did last week or last month has no bearing on this new promotion. You accomplished what you did back then for your own reasons, and they were valid to you at that time. Let that be enough. This is a new promotion for pirates who continue to produce. Don't want to participate? No problem. That's up to you. You say you do want to earn new prizes? Great. You have your instructions. Get to it.

Honestly, I think even if they granted Athena 10 legends access to every cosmetic in the game it still wouldn't make a lot of this crowd happy. You're wanting some kind of exclusive wonderland or something with adventures behind velvet ropes just for you. Yuck!

• Honestly, I think even if they granted Athena 10 legends access to every cosmetic in the game it still wouldn't make a lot of this crowd happy. You're wanting some kind of exclusive wonderland or something with adventures behind velvet ropes just for you. Yuck!

No we want recognition of the grind and hours we already have put in to the game. And i want it for all players with Athena levels, not only A10.

• @guldlasse said in Dissapointed once again:

Honestly, I think even if they granted Athena 10 legends access to every cosmetic in the game it still wouldn't make a lot of this crowd happy. You're wanting some kind of exclusive wonderland or something with adventures behind velvet ropes just for you. Yuck!

No we want recognition of the grind and hours we already have put in to the game. And i want it for all players with Athena levels, not only A10.

You have recognition. It is the ghost outfit and the ghost ship (for PLs) items.

• @chronodusk said in Dissapointed once again:

Maybe you need to be reminded that Athena 10 Pirate Legends are a complete minority in this game so you should not expect a plethora of content to be created specifically for this group of people. More content for Pirate Legends? Yes, expect that- and we got some commendations and cosmetics to earn this time around.

Maybe you should also be reminded of all of the cool changes with this update not specifically related to Pirate Legend because there's a lot more to it than that. Try enjoying the experience rather than making it about a grind and saying "No PL-A10 content, game is terrible."

And yes, I am a Pirate Legend at level 10 in Athena's Fortune, so I do have perspective here.

what this guy (or girl) says, right here.

• @chronodusk said in Dissapointed once again:

Maybe you need to be reminded that Athena 10 Pirate Legends are a complete minority in this game so you should not expect a plethora of content to be created specifically for this group of people. More content for Pirate Legends? Yes, expect that- and we got some commendations and cosmetics to earn this time around.

The fact of the matter though, is that they did add something for pirate legends. So nobody’s expecting anything, because it’s already been delivered. The problem so many people are having, is that it’s flawed. And while there are some cool new additions with this update, that doesn’t mean a problem should be forgotten and ignored, resulting in a poorly designed feature to go unchanged.

This is a forum, a place for feedback. Just because some feedback may be negative, doesn’t mean it should be dismissed and the people complaining need to resort to your personal suggestions based on your opinion.

• @inboundbomb Better than 20 :D

• @ghostpaw hahahahahahahahaha wth? right?!?!? this is what you earned bam thats it. want some more? EARN IT!

• @scraping-static said in Dissapointed once again:

@chronodusk said in Dissapointed once again:

The fact of the matter though, is that they did add something for pirate legends. So nobody’s expecting anything, because it’s already been delivered. The problem so many people are having, is that it’s flawed. And while there are some cool new additions with this update, that doesn’t mean a problem should be forgotten and ignored, resulting in a poorly designed feature to go unchanged.

This is a forum, a place for feedback. Just because some feedback may be negative, doesn’t mean it should be dismissed and the people complaining need to resort to your personal suggestions based on your opinion.

My "personal suggestion" was to make this game about an experience rather than a grind. So if this game is about the grind for you, that's fine. You'll continue to be disappointed though.

• @scraping-static said in Dissapointed once again:

You are right. But who dismissed your feedback? People shared an opinion, others expressed an opposing opinion and suggested a reframe may help alleviate some of the mental and emotional suffering. That's how it works. One person says something and another shares their own views based on their own valid experience. This back and forth conversation may go on for a while between people who respect one another but disagree. It is a good thing.

• I've been playing since the alpha and am not yet a Pirate Legend.

Can I still be considered a "most loyal player", or is that tied to your rep numbers?

• Tired of this meritocracy bs.

Views
20 out of 33