Fix the Kraken’s wrap attack on the galleon

Views
  • Kraken has been puked on ever since Hungering Deep.

Now it's time to pay the landlord.

You pirates still want a head and body?

• @LAGOSUCHOMAN
    The Kraken has always had this ability to wrap in that spot. Whenever we fought the Kraken, I tend to play the stairs and run double gun. I can shoot tentacles, while taking a precautionary stance if he wraps that spot. Quick switch out sword, and hopefully your team dog piles it on the other side. Since you are already in the hull, you can at least patch holes.

• kraken fights should always warrant at least 1 person staying below deck who can put constant shots into the tentacle when that happens. This doesn't need to be fixed, your tactics do.

• @lagosuchoman did it yesterday on all ships and sure it was harder but we defeated it everytime. It needed a buff for being insanenly underpowered and it got it.

• I agree with others. We typically keep someone below deck to repair and bail and it helps out when the kraken grabs the ship

• @FishSt1ck and I were locked below deck yesterday on our sloop when this happened - we both just piled in and took out the tentacle!

Glad to see on another note that the second "wave" of the attack seems a lot easier now - I remember on day 1 the second fight to "defeat" Karen was as long as the first, but last night we only had another 4 tentacles left to sort out before she disappeared.

• @lagosuchoman The wrapping effect doesn't really hurt that much and isn't hard to remove. Just focus on it with the entire crew and it'll be gone before it does any unfixable damage.

• @fishst1ck My entire crew was attacking it, slashing and shooting. One of my friends even pumped 25 shots into the wrapping tentacle with a blunderbuss as we slashed it and it never let go.

• @sargent-sully said in Fix the Kraken’s wrap attack on the galleon:

@fishst1ck My entire crew was attacking it, slashing and shooting. One of my friends even pumped 25 shots into the wrapping tentacle with a blunderbuss as we slashed it and it never let go.

U can even hold out. Just bail. Karen will release by itself.

• @weakdexx We tried that during out second fight with it, didn't let go after 5 minutes.

• @sargent-sully

Unlucky i guess. I had 2 wrappers (2 diffrent fights) where it took so long to take them off. That we just fixed ship else we sunk. And in the same time (both fights) Karen released us. Since we were all on ship duty, no-one attacked and she still released.

Not saying this is 100% correct but for my 2 wrappers it did release us.

• @weakdexx Quick question, have you ever heard the girl singing "We Shall Sail Together", like the snippet that plays when you open the Legend's den, when the Kraken showed up? We had it happen during our first encounter after the update.

• @enticed-malice we did what you are describing, we had a two crewmates dedicated to repairs and bailing out water. And we all hit that tentacle with everything we had and it wasn’t enough. So it wasn’t a question of tactics, there was simply nothing we could do.

• @lagosuchoman if thats the case, maybe they buffed up the health of the kraken where bullets do less damage, if thats the case then yea, it should be nerfed up a bit.

• @weakdexx You can't bail when Karen has you wrapped on the Galleon. She blocks all access to go up or down from below.

• @vargar

I guess i/we got lucky when this happened. We were still able to bail past the tentacle. Like i said probably lucky that we got a small area in which it did pass.

• In my experience, hitting the wrapped tentacle with your sword no longer works - every time I've done that, there was never a hit-marker indicating a hit. So, anyone who is complaining about losing to said tentacle probably had a crewmate using a sword. Don't use the sword - use 2 guns! Preferably the blunderbuss, which does 100% damage if all of the pellets hit (not hard against the tentacle) and the EoR, which does 80% damage per shot. Since my crew stopped using the sword, we've never lost.

Tentacles in water = cannons.
    Tentacles eating crewmate = cannons or guns.
    Wrapped tentacle = guns.

• had this happen to 2 of our ships and both sunk due to the fact that you simply cant bail anything out. as much as you beat it with guns and cutlass, we couldnt get it to release its grip since one of us took care of the holes you get when the kraken wraps his arm around you and the others tried but the water rises quite quick when you cant bail at all. its a bit overpowered even though i like the increased difficutly and thus danger of the kraken now more than ever. but yes, it can be frustrating. on the other hand, there is only real suspense and danger when the chances are you could indeed lose your haul. if it would all be easy-peazy lemon and what not there would be no horror and it would just be boring.
    so yeah, lost propably 100k in 2 encounters but worth it!

• @galactic-geek
    I 100% agree with your post but I also wanted to add to this

Everyone take note - When the tentacle wraps, his behavior changes. You will see tentacles pop infront of the cannons an they go down with one hit then pop in on the other side. It becomes a game of wack-a-mole. I have ignored the wrapped tentacle and it would eventually unwrap by hitting these pop ups.

Guns probably do help and make it shorter, I will have to do more testing to see.

Views
7 out of 20