2. Shrouded Spoils
    3. Forsaken Shores
    4. The Hungering Deep
    Views
    1. Forsaken Shores
    2. Shrouded Spoils
    3. Hungering deep
    4. Cursed sails

I'm traumatised by staying up untill 3 in the morning to catch that one battle.... each week :-(
    (#daddy issues)

• @tedakin Man, that's tough. I feel like I haven't played this one enough to give an accurate reflection, as well as the fact that I'm not sure what is temporary and what is permanent. Are fort cool-down periods gone forever, are skeleton ship frequencies boosted during this event, are Meg & Karen updates boosted in this event?

But I'll give my initial reaction after last night.

1. Cursed Sails ( Extremely fun but the time-zone thing was frustrating )
    2. Shrouded Spoils ( Has been fun in the ~3 hours I've been able to play it. Will reevaluate after more play time )
    3. Hungering Deep ( Was fun but not very big. Can't fault Rare bcuz it was first update. )
    4. Forsaken Shores ( I was very hyped for this update but felt like Rare dropped the ball. Solo slooped a lot of the event because my crew was busy and it was not fun. Glad they reduced eruption frequency. )
  • Hmmm...

Shrouded spoils is by far the best because it enhances the other 3 and really adds so much more play time to the game.

1.) The Roar
    2.) Cursed Sails
    3.) Hungering deep

However as far as most fun to play when they first came out and with the weekly commendations, I would say I had a blast with cursed sails and the deep more so than DR. Those were so time limited though.

1. Shrouded Spoils - I like the chaos that is currently going on and how much money we can earn without needing to do voyages. It's a nice break without actually taking a break

2. Cursed Sails - The first two weeks were great! My buddy and I solo slooped an entire fleet one of the first nights and it felt like a HUUUGE accomplishment at the time

3. Forsaken Shores - Adding a new region was awesome and fun. I liked the additional challenge as well

4. Hungering Deep - I loved the meg fight. It was awesome sailing with a crew of 8 on a galleon trying everything to keep the ship from sinking. We blew through like 90 planks.

• I'd have em ranked like this:
    Shrouded Spoils
    Cursed Sails
    Forsaken Shores
    The Hungering Deep

I have the Hungering Deep at the bottom because it was the smallest update.

• 1- Hungering Deep. Had more memorable moments playing in groups of 4/5 galleons than any update so far. (Also I liked the puzzle element with the numerals).

1. Forsaken Shores. Can definitely be frustrating at times but think the risk/reward balance is worth it.

2. Cursed Sails. Was slightly disappointed with this one. Region timed battles were impossible for me to attempt due to being at 2-4 am etc.

3. Shrouded Spoils. I put this last simply because I haven’t played it enough to give a decent opinion yet. Yet to encounter fog.

1. The Hungering Deep - It was the best social experience in this game, so many memories from it. I loved the campaign, the little investigation we had to do and the way we needed to carry the shanty to summon Meg. The lore really felt connected to the new content. It really made me use my mic with people I didn't know before. I had amazing adventures and stories with my crewmates and other crews.

2. Shrouded Spoils - I think this update brings a lot of things that didn't have time to be completed at launch, for the Hungering Deep and Cursed Sails. I really feel I have always something to do on the sea, I can hunt Skeleton Ships, do Skeleton Forts whenever I want and say hi to those lovely creatures. I love the Fog and I could row in it for hours. The only downside is the non-existent campaign and I'm really sad no in-game lore and story had been made to explain where the fog came from or the other Megs or how Karen is a bit more angry.

3. Forsaken Shores - I really love the new region but I think this update needed way more time before being released. It really feels there were way more things prototyped for it that hadn't been made because they didn't have time for it. Devil's Roar really miss to bring a different gameplay with different skeleton threats or rewards and not poor reskin. I'm a bit disappointed about the weird campaign and how the lore has been hidden in a tiny book where apprently it might even not been true because Grace may have lost her mind.

4. Cursed Sails - While the Skeleton Ships are probably one of the things I love the most to do in the game, I completely burned out during the campaign because of the time requirement it requested. How the alliances have been implemented brought me so much frustration in this period that it has completely disgusted me to make some now. While the campaign tells an interesting side-story, it is completely lacking to explain where these skeleton ships come from and who these crews are. It ends in a very bizarre way and without really explaining what happened to Wanda or what really happened to the tools in her hideout.

• @tedakin

1. The Hungering Deep: had an incredible 1st experience facing the Meg with a group of randoms,loved how cinematic it was
    2. Forsaken Shores: Rowboat was pretty decent
      3.Cursed Sails: I hate Cursed Cannonballs!

Havent even played Shrouded Spoils yet, 1 more midnight shift!

• @skulliah I agree Hungering Deep was amazing it was probably the best social gaming experience Ive had ever!

• Oh yeah I agree on a social level Hungering Deep was the best by far.

I liked Cursed Sails the most just because I love spooky stuff and the huge epic battles were great. Plus the idea of haunted ships fascinates me.

The new update I wasn't sure would blow people away but clearly it has. It truly does make the world finally feel alive with stuff always happening.

Forsaken Shores was cool, but wow I was glad when I finished the bilge rats stuff and I was able to leave. That area of the map can be a tad frustrating :) I'm a huge fan of the rowboat and cargo runs tho!

• @tedakin ya the ship battles were pretty epic the only reason I put it on the was because of those blasted cursed cannonballs lol
    Im glad people are enjoying this update though. Its actually the first time my crew has wanted to play since the 3rd week of cursed sails

1. Shrouded Spoils - World feels so alive now and more pvp.
    2. Hungering Deep - best feeling, sailing with 2 galleons to the meg and killing it
    3. Cursed Sails - Skeleton Ships were really good
    4. Forsaken Shores - Wasnt really fun for me. Rowboat is good
    1. Shrouded Spoils.
    2. The Hungering Deep.
    3. Forsaken Shores.
    4. Cursed Sails.

Last night playing shrouded spoils was an absolute blast. Hunting sharks, spotting the kraken, sailing through fog, sinking other players, engaging in a stalemate with another ship at a skull fort. Perfect 👌

The game feels better than ever in my opinion.

• @tedakin

1.Shrouded Spoils
    2.forsaken shores
    3.hungering deep
    4.cursed sails

• @tedakin for me it would have to be (with reasons)
    1. Forsaken Shores
    (rekindled my love for the game with new things to do and explore, new effects for the sky - precursor to fog I reckon and new treasure, plus ROWBOATS)
    2. Shrouded Spoils
    (lots of content improve upon, with new ways to earn treasure and rank up Merchant finally thanks to the Fort system, more ships to try and attack out in the open world (even if skellies) and of course, the new threat of fog)
    3. The Hungering Deep
    (this would have been top of my list for nostalgia, but really it was a bit of a fetch-quest and then a big shark to attack! Genuinely though for me this was better than CS because there was something to actually do and achieve when you wanted to, not when told to)
    4. Cursed Sails
    (biggest let down for me so far from the updates - Arena may pip it yet... we shall see. The timings of the event were just wrong and as a result it spoilt my enjoyment of the whole thing, not to mention how annoying the ships are to sink. Yes there are tactics to take them down quickly, but there is simply too much time involved for so very little payout. Never fought another skelly ship properly again since)

• @tedakin

• Shrouded Spoils
    • Cursed Sails
    • Forsaken Shores
    • The Hungering Deep
  • @tedakin
    Forsaken Shores
    Shrouded Spoils
    Cursed Sails
    Hungering Deep

I personally didn't enjoy Cursed Sails and Hungering Deep as the events were just not that interesting, but for forsaken shores, it was really fun exploring a new region and the storyline was much more interesting. Also it added alot more like rowboats and cargo runs and it's cosmetics were just amazing. Also I like shrouded Spoils as it hasn't added one big new thing, but instead, has improved on the overall quality of the game and made it much more enjoyable and rewarding to play.

• @tedakin

1. Original Launch
    2. The Arena
    3. Shrouded Spoils
    4. Special Spyglass holster
  • hard to say

1. Shrouded Spoils - made the sea more alive in general
    2. Forsaken Shores - made the sea bigger, more dangerous, added new mechanics...
    3. Cursed Cannonballs - added new Raid, new mechanics like CCB's
    4. Hungering Deep - because it was "only" introducing Meg and the trumpet, but tbh HD was the most exciting Event back in the days, the most community get together thing and most fun regarding interconnections with community and the trumpet :D

So from Gameplay and such the list above is my vote, but if you ask me about the experiences and fun i had, its:

1. Hungering Deep, because we need to work together for the first time, we dint know what the others do, we had the trumpet, we used it, it was funny, just that.

2. The Throne Event, similar fun about the interactions with the community. We were 4 or 5 Galleons trying to shot ourselves onto the throne to get the commendations. It was simple, but fun!

3. I liked the Story of CC and to find that Laboratory in the End.

We need more of this kind of Events!!!

Views
13 out of 20