Lightning accuracy

• Please nerf the accuracy of the lightning a little bit. Ever since the Forsaken Shores update, lightning has been absurdly accurate (almost following the same pattern as the geysers). While sailing and moving around my ship, my character was struck seven consecutive times. It's exceptionally bad when on the helm. Any help would be "arrrpreciated."

Cordially,
    -The Coxswain

Views
  • @dukesilver07 They did this so that it's less annoying/time consuming to kys. Just like sharks before HD, it will be changed back after the event.

P.S. I miss the crazy shark frenzies a little.

• @dukesilver07 haha! I like the lightning, whilst playing last night it was extremely accurate. :D plus, a few near misses leave holes near where you stand. Dodging lightning is now my new pastime when in a storm. At an outpost it’s even more fun lol

• @dukesilver07 It will return to normal after this BRA

• It will hit you every time (sometimes twice) for the Festival of the Damned. Get your fancy white light then avoid storms like the plague until the event is over!

• @betsill said in Lightning accuracy:

@dukesilver07 They did this so that it's less annoying/time consuming to kys. Just like sharks before HD, it will be changed back after the event.

P.S. I miss the crazy shark frenzies a little.

Yeah it is extremely obvious Rare changed the encounters with sharks for the festival. They should not manipulate the game in the ways they keep doing. Same with turning things off just so we can play some other things for a limited time.

I am ok with making storms more severe. Would be nice if storm intensity could be random in the future.

Would be so much better to resolve issues and improve the overall experience so the whole game can be played as intended.

• @x-crowheart-x 100% agree mah dude. Instead of making their "content" work on it's own merit and fit with the game, they twist the game to make the updates work. It's very poor and lazy design. I hope they stop as well.

• @m1sterpunch Right on! I didn't consider that the Festival had any effect on the weather or sharks. Thank you for the clarification.

-The Coxswain

• Sharks were never touched and the lighting should stay as is. Storms are very easy to avoid. And you always know where they're at, as they're always seen. It's not like a storm snuck up on you or anything.

I mean they're so ridiculously easy to find I took a rowboat from Ashen reaches and caught up to a storm at shipwreck Bay.

• @dukesilver07 pretty sure it’s just for the duration of the festival. Otherwise, it’d be incredibly difficult to get the white fire!

Views
8 out of 10