Alliance flag

• Serious question .. why do we have the alliance flag? I just worked my skinny little a*s off on Fletcher rest for a beautiful captains chest .. i get on my ship and start sailing just as another ship comes in..pulls up beside me with their alliance flag, I let them on and BOOM I'm dead, ship sinking and chest gone!!! If u raise the alliance flag u should not b aloud to shoot first!!! I'm gonna stop playing soon cause it's getting really frustrating and boring!!! I set off I get treasure it gets stolen .. repeat! .. plz do something!!!!!

Views
  • @mummy-ritchie Well firstly there's absolutely no requirement to have another crews members aboard your ship to form an alliance, so don't let them get that close. An alliance can easily be formed from a safer distance using the speaking trumpet.

The nature of this game is such that you always have to be on your toes around other players. You can form an alliance, which has its benefits, but that also comes with its risks too. The whole idea of forming an alliance wasn't to force players to play nice, it's just an option. Betraying said alliance or even flying the offer flag to lure other crews in to a false sense of security is all part of the game - essentially, they give us these tools and allow us to choose how we use them.

Sorry you suffered at the hands of these scallywags. I can only say take it as a lesson learnt. It's an opportunity to adjust your approach to the game rather than demand the game changes to suit you. Just another perspective matey!

Fair winds to you!

• @luciansanchez82 but for all of us out there that can't be [mod edited] with having our loot stolen surely a can not fire first clause could be added for an alliance flag being flown? Or is that a really silly request and I should just give up on the game?

• @mummy-ritchie I wouldn't say give up on the game, just be more cautious when interacting with others. Like in a real world, some people will betray you. Only really trust yourself, that's the way I usualy play, if I'm not with a trusted crew. When I'm hauling some loot, I don't care if you're trying to be friendly or not, I'm not letting you anywhere near me. After I cash it in, we can try to make friends.

Also you might want to edit your last post, as profanity isn't allowed and you might get in trouble.

• It's just so infuriating sorry

• @mummy-ritchie I have moderated your post as it goes against the Forum Rules.

Obscene and Vulgar Language
    Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the forums rules going forward.

Thanks!

• @cardshark-360 so swearing isn't aloud yet teaching kids to be decietful and lie is ok? Getting closer to deleting the game ...

• @mummy-ritchie and as a pirate that steals,lies,kills,gets drunk and decieves other players ... swareing is disaloud? So we have all to be good polite pirates ? I'm getting more and more confused

• @mummy-ritchie No don't give up matey! There are all manner of tactics you can employ to help keep yourself safer. You're playing alone (I'm guessing) which makes you a much easier target. To counter that you need to play with much more caution. See a ship anywhere near you, do your best to keep an eye on it as much as possible. Ship starts coming toward you, get back to your ship and be prepared to drop sail and run.

It means your progress is going to be a lot slower, but your chances of cashing in will increase. That's just the life of a solo sailor!

• @mummy-ritchie As said, trust no-one! Don't let anyone on your ship (without your permission) and trust none! Really, that is part of the game and makes an alliance so interesting. See how other players react.
    And when you are soloing, you are playing hard mode. Keep that in mind.

As for the swearing, come on.. Its a game, play the game, but be nice :)

• https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/73/39/c37339203badb518506fa05be86dc5bc.jpg

• Here are me three tenants when sailing the open seas by me self.

• Do not trust any pirate and demand permission to be boarded, especially those be scurvy dogs.

• Always be aware of ye surroundings and pay attention to approaching vessels.

• Never keep any loot on ye ship. Frequent outpost visits.

• @mummy-ritchie yes some people want to watch the world burn they're idiets

• @hynieth yes the old pirates of the carribean meme

• @mummy-ritchie maybe they forgot to put up the jolly roger

• I know it's a game and I do love playing it but seriously I'm trying to b nice and it's not working so looks like I'm going to have to be a bad pirate .. sorry everyone

• Rule 1 of sea of thieves everyones a pirate rule 2 of sea of thieves TRUST NO1

• I get where you are coming from. This game is about having an open world, and about being a pirate in the sense of why people buy the game (lets skip the historical accuracy and immersion arguements for a moment shall we, and just leave it as what people expect when they bought the game). Its called Sea of Thieves. So thieving has to come in somehow.

I am personally a Grinder. It is my preference to be left alone and I get what I earn through hard work.

Others prefer stealing. Its part of the game and everyone needs to accept it. The only bad thing about stealing is that you cannot steal from a stealer. Someone has to get loot through grinding first. And the stealers will try to take it. If no-one grinded, there would be nothing to steal.

While your intent was to post about this situation with the plee that something be done about it, I can tell you from experience that nothing will be done about it. Rare is not going to change the rules already established. The marketing is about being a pirate, so they are not going to restrict the pirating.

Once you get past the acceptance of all of this, then you can start enjoying the game knowing that you will have to be defensive, vigilant, and sometimes resolve yourself to the fate of being victimized. Then you can resolve yourself by following aforementioned advice:

-Trust nobody.
    -Keep an eye out
    -Dont keep more on you than your willing to lose to others

• Never keep any loot on ye ship. Frequent outpost visits.

That is the best advice, I will find myself dropping off my loot when i know im going to have a lot, that way, if i get attacked, they are not getting much lol

• @hazeree @mummy-ritchie this guy gives a fair point. It's the Thieves part of the game that is there and it won't be changed. The alliance flag is just a flag. Looking at the real world seeing someone with a white flag waving won't mean they come in peace 100% guaranteed. So waving your alliance flag in SoT won't mean im automatic friendly.

To combat this situation you either laugh about it and move on to another server OR you find another ship in the server talk about the loot you had aboard, say you'll split it or give it all, and get revenege.

• @mummy-ritchie I'm sorry but you have to be careful. There are different ways to play this game and they were playing it deceitfully. Most people find the Alliance flag very useful so don't complain and ask why it's even in the game just because you've had a bad time

• @mummy-ritchie

To answer you first question it's so multiple ships can work together. Everything turned in the others in alliance get 50% of everything while the one that turned it in gets 100%.

Yes some people us it as a way to attack you. From what you say you lack experience in the game and suggest you play with a crew to get that experience to go solo and get some people you like to play with so they can join you on a sloop as added protection.

Views
14 out of 22