Blackeye's Bounty Bazaar!

• Avast ye sea dogs, and welcome to Blackeye's Bounty Bazaar, where pirates are free to take up my requests to help me hunt down information that has somehow managed to slip underneath my 'stached schnoz!

So to summarize this topic, as Sea of Thieve's Unofficial Lorekeeper, I need to know EVERYTHING about this magical world, from the most obvious events down to the tiniest minute details. Unfortunately, I have the problem of being unable to spend all of my waking hours playing this wonderful game, and thus cannot find all of the information I need to complete my vast knowledge of the world of Sea of Thieves.

So, I am calling out to all of YOU to help me. Yes, you, the players! Working together with the (mostly) all-accepting, non-toxic fanbase, I should be able to complete my immense catalog of information. So please, if you are reading this and can answer the call to any of the "bounties" below, I would very much appreciate the help! And if you ever need an extra man for your crew, or need a Pirate Legend to help you grind out high-level mission, Captain Blackeye is indebted to you!

NOTE: This topic will be regularly updated as I acquire answers to my questions and become aware of more things I do not know. At the bottom of this topic will be a list of completed bounties and the helpful pirates that aided me in my search for knowledge and have earned eternal gratitude!

Information Bounties:

• Fried Calamari -- Does the Kraken show up in the Devil's Roar? I haven't seen or heard anything concerning this but since the infamous Megalodon does indeed show his sharky hide, why wouldn't the Kraken? Let's get squid huntin'!

• The Boxes of Wondrous Secrets -- Yes, those fun little treasure boxes that sell for 25K. I know you can sell them to the good Captain Morrow, but can you sell them to Stitcher Jim? Along with that info, where are these typically found? On the beach? More inland? Big islands or small? This bounty is a multi-parter of sorts, so help whittle this down! (And in case it wasn't apparent, I have yet to find one myself. ^_^' )

• Speedy Ships -- I'll be honest, math is not my forté. Thus, I have been unable to accurately judge how many knots the Sloops, Brigantines, and Galleons travel. If someone can pull a MattPatt and pixel measure the speed or something, I (and every other nerd) would be eternally grateful!

• Damage Dropoffs -- This is just one I haven't had the time to test: How much does the damage drop off of the Flintlock and Eye of Reach at a distance, if at all? I typically don't like telling a new friend to run out a length and let me pop off a few shots into his skull, so if anyone else already has this answer, please share!

Search & Find Bounties:

• Easter Egg Extravaganza! -- Okay, so, we've all seen the Bear & Bird wall-painting on Plunder Valley, and most of us have seen the Battletoads painting (On Snake Island) and the Viva Piñata trio (On Thieves' Haven), but could there be more?? I'm not asking for anyone to pick through the islands with a fine-toothed comb, but keep your eyes peeled and see what you can spot.

• Skulls Aplenty -- Now, about that fine-toothed comb... For a Gamescom event, Rare apparently hid 6 colored skulls throughout the Sea of Thieves, hidden in only the remotest locations. By finding all of the skulls, participating teams played connect-the-dots and triangulate the location of some hidden treasure. Surprisingly, I know next-to-nothing about this, and it's driving me crazy. I have found three skulls myself, (On Lone Cove, Old Faithful Isle, and Devil's Ridge), but I haven't been able to find any of the others, nor any info on what this was. Why is it so elusive?! Help is needed! Gah!!

• Capt. Morrow's Third Journal? -- I have found journals of Captain Morrow's on Ruby's Fall and Ashen's Reach, but if Wanda and Merrick have taught me anything, there's gonna be a third. Has anyone found this journal, if it even exists? Lore could be hiding within!

DLC Bounties:
    Oookay, this one would be kind of shameless, BUT I'm not just asking for codes, I'm attempting to trade them! And anyone who is looking to trade their own codes can reply below, and I'll add them and the codes you are looking for to the list.

BlackeyeThe2nd -- Codes Requesting: Obsidian Eye of Reach, Obsidian Drum; Codes Offered: Spinal Figurehead x3.

Completed Bounties:
    The Boxes of Wondrous Secrets -- Answers provided by @Ktingaling

Views
  • as for the Mystic boxes:

I have found 3 myself (2 in the same session about 1 hours apart). All 3 where laying on the beach like a regular merchant box like they where washed ashore.
    We found them at (in order): Cinder Islet, Roaring Sands, Cursewater Shores.
    So all 3 pretty small islands. I don't know about the big ones yet, but i can imagine it could be found on any island.

• @Ktingaling
    I asked if they show up on big or small islands because I've only heard of findings on larger islands until you said something. And who did you sell them to?

• @Ktingaling
    My friends say they can be sold to either Morrow or Jim. Well then, thanks for helping clear things up! ^_^

• @blackeyethe2nd I have made a start with testing the sloop's speed with different sail configurations, wind angles etc. Once I know more, I'll let you know.
    Would be harder to test the Brig and Galleon since I'd have to manage more sail, but I can give it a go.

Views
3 out of 5