Introduce the 'Black Spot' Mechanic

• The Concept
    The black spot would be a curse which befalls a player - but the conditions as to why I am still pondering. When cursed, the player will have a time limit, such as 2 in-game days, to reap a number of 'souls' (which remains undecided) for Davy Jones. If they player fails to collect these souls in time then they will be attacked by 'The Flying Dutchman' - or a skeleton ship would do until they make the Dutchman, if they even intend to. If they defeat, or outrun the Dutchman, then the Kraken will be unleashed upon them. Once they have defeated the Kraken the black spot will be removed from that player.

What Are These Souls?
    The two main types of souls would be:

• Skeleton Captains.
    • Other Players.

Each skeleton captain will be worth a single soul, whereas players would be worth more; possibly 5?

Why I Think his Should be Added
    I feel like this would add a nice and interesting mechanic to the game to break things up a little and entice players to occasionally engage in more PvP than normal. This would add a little more of a dynamic feel to the game and make the seas more perilous and unpredictable. I feel it would also be a very fun and engaging experience to be cursed and live to tell the tale.

This would be a good opportunity to reward players with commendations or new skins for surviving the black spot.

What do you guys think? Please leave your thoughts and idea in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

Views
  • @fieryhedgehog39 Hi matey, yes i was thinking similar and simpler but more like something along the lines of you have to get rid of the black spot, which will form on your hand when
    it is handed to you by a NPC or another player. It forms on your hand and you slowly turn into a skelly, if you dont hunt for various relics. You will die and respawn with the blackspot if you dont find the relics in the limited time period, if you find them you are then released of the curse and then you can deliver the black spot to another player and they then have to do the same process to stop the curse. So it will just go on and on. Any good?

• @jezzmondo16

@FieryHedgehog39

Um, guys... this idea is taken from Pirates of the Caribbean...

That’s already a big no no.

Although creative in its own right, it’s still idea/property of something else.

Unless I’m just an idiot...

• @agent-samuraii said in Introduce the 'Black Spot' Mechanic:

@jezzmondo16

@FieryHedgehog39

Um, guys... this idea is taken from Pirates of the Caribbean...

That’s already a big no no.

Although creative in its own right, it’s still idea/property of something else.

Unless I’m just an idiot...

Pirates of the Carribean? 🤣🤣🤣

No. The black spot comes from Treasure Island and poor old, grog-filled Billy Bones, who was unfortunate enough to receive it. It's a book - you should read it sometime.

God, I'm old. Now get off my lawn!

• As this thread was 12 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 5