One time pirate change

• As I'm sure other people have come across when 1st Starting the game you weren't quite sure on how to pick the right pirate I settled on one that happens to be male when I'm a female. I would love to Have the option to trade my pirate look in one time for a new character that way I can have a female pirate And not lose all my reputation and gold. I'm sure other people would
    enjoy this as well.

Views
  • yeh it should come at a price, but it should be possible. myself im attached to my character, wich makes the experience better. but yeh no mindless switching and switching. at a price.
    like how wow had server transfers and character rename options, at a price.
    hope you fall in love with your pirate some day.

• my neview changed my pirate when I was about level 38. "I made your pirate more cute, aunty" he gladly told me. I thought he had changed clothes, hair, something like that. No, he changed my pirate itself... Well, this feature would be a chance for micro transactions, wouldn't it?

• No I never changing my Pirate, I’m playing since release with my big ugly Girl! She had so many Adventures, fought the Hungering One, Fought against Captain Warsmith and sailed the peril lava glowing Devils Roar and when I’m changing her into someone else it never will be the same

• @xxxo-star-oxxx
    This has been asked before and i can understand why....i remember ,on release that i was cycling two whole hours untill i met the Pirate i wanted to be but...In the back of my mind was a little voice ( * Noooo, that's a surprise) in my head that was wondering if i would found an even better Pirate if i cycled for four hours...This " Random Pirate Generator " ,has been the most overlooked thing of this game...Literally millions of Pirates are spewed out of that machine, and all of them ,even if you like them or not , are very detailed and beautiful in their own way...

For me personally ,my character grew on me , and if i would have the option to change him then i wouldn't ...The addition of hair dye made my Pirate a stayer untill they transport me to the furnace while i'm " sleeping" between six planks...But i can fully understand and support that people one day would like to change without losing Experience nor Gold , or not much gold...Maybe changing comes with a little gamegold cost...

• I wouldn't mind if they instituted such a feature, regardless of whether it was a one-time free change, for gold, or even for real $$$ via micro-transactions. That said, for me personally, I spent well over an hour or more just trying to find what I considered to be the perfect pirate, and I think I succeeded, because my pirate looks awesome no matter what clothes or vanity items he wears. So, for me, the feature would be moot.

While it doesn't really help those of you who are currently unhappy with your pirate or who might have nefarious nephews, all I will say is that for those of you starting out, you should probably take the time needed to find the one that is right for you instead of just randomly picking one quickly to get into the game. A test run for a few voyages to buy new clothes and/or vanity items to try on would also probably be a wise choice, to see if you like it. That way, if you do restart your pirate, you've only lost a couple of hours, and not a ton of progress.

It's also important to note that, you can "favorite" pirates in the selection wheel, so you can keep the ones you like best while still continuing the search (although it does take up a slot of those that you can select). Also, I'm not sure, but I think once you favorite a pirate during the selection process, I think the other pirate slots start showing features of your favorites - for example, if you favorite a thin pirate, more of the pirates will look thin, and so forth - if this is true, it means you could potentially narrow down the attributes and features that you're looking for in a pirate.

• @solestone563412 I once made the suggestion of if/when the potion shop comes out, we could possibly get the equivalent of a "re-roll". It would send you on a voyage to acquire certain ingredients for the base of the potion. Once collected you would return to the potion brewer who would ask what is your desired new look and they would have you "envision" your new look (full menu customization). Once done designing your new look, they would say that the potion isn't permanent, but it could be. They would then have the player go try out their new form for a day. If they like it, the potion brewer could supply a potion to solidify the changes. There would of course be a cool-down period between changes, perhaps a month.

I could also see potions that wouldn't be as extreme in change, like one that changes eye color, character's weight, etc.

• @sargent-sully Excellent idea! I will be keeping my girl, we've been through a lot together, but I've heard many pirates are unhappy with their choices for various reasons and if a change would make them happier, why not? Your idea would make that change part of their story.

• I too selected a female pirate and had given thought to being able to change it to a male character, as it would be more fitting to my screen name and my voice.

There has also been situation where other players have acted negatively because of my female pirate. So I currently wear a beard, long hair and plenty of clothes to mask the gender of my pirate.

• @pollyoliverperk Yeah, I got a buddy who chose a fat pirate and he is tired of my friends and I going "whale watching" whenever he is swimming. He has however admitted some of our jokes were pretty good.

• @xxxo-star-oxxx yes I would if I wanted to change my pirate

• @xxxo-star-oxxx I know a lot of people that would change their character..but to be honest I spent like 2hrs trying to find me a good one LOL! I would probably stick with the one I have personally.

• @xxxo-star-oxxx
    That is a way better idea than the "I want to magically change my look mid game".

A free change and maybe even charge a single dollar for more. Not for making money, but to make your choice important.

Views
12 out of 13