Release Notes Discussion - 1.3.0

• So if I understand correctly, I could wait a few weeks or months to get most of the cosmetics and they'll still be there (they always will be theoretically?) except the Ash weapons and boat stuff? Those I have to get in the next 3 weeks or whatever?

• @qu4ntumn1rv4n4 Correct matey!

The time-limited items are the ones found in Duke's shop in the tavern. All the others are permanent after the Forsaken Shores event is over.

• Ok. Thought so. Now if I can just manage to get 40 more doubloons at least... Still need the pistol, eye of reach, and flag...

• Indeed, the Devil's Roar is not for the faint of heart and requires a degree of "I smoke in front of the bebe and I don't care" attitude. Leave all personal possessions at the door and enter at your own risk. I finished the 5/5 gold hoarders and OOS to get the title and was obliterated more than a dozen times doing so. The Last 2 missions I didn't even care if I brought back the loot.

Will I spend a lot of time in the Devil's Roar going forward, now that I've got my doubloons, maybe not. I think the right crew would make that fun, otherwise it could just be too stressful for a casual sail.

• @sprungnickel427
    The only reason it's too stressful is because of the sporadic timing of the eruptions.

If there was some way to watch the eruption end, look at your watch, and keep tract of when the next potential eruption will be due, I'd find that alot more exciting.
    Rather than the death & destruction being completely random, I can use game mechanics to prepare for it so I'm not caught in an eruption on the opposite side of the island from my boat.

• @ultimate-powa

I was on one island for like half an hour and didn't have any eruptions, but another island had at least 3 in ten minutes. I'm pretty sure it's completely randomized. Would be nice to have some better visual clues though.

• @sprungnickel427 Yeah, I have one OOS left there and I'd like to grab the skull(s) but if I can't due to being alone or something I won't be too sad. I just want the damn doubloons.

• @qu4ntumn1rv4n4 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.3.0:

@ultimate-powa

I was on one island for like half an hour and didn't have any eruptions, but another island had at least 3 in ten minutes. I'm pretty sure it's completely randomized. Would be nice to have some better visual clues though.

It is completely randomized.
    What I was suggesting is a cooldown period where the eruptions won't happen for 7-15 minutes, although they could take an hour and a half to happen.
    I just want something included to prevent the eruptions from happening back to back, I need some time to do my missions.

• Anyone else not getting credit for Devil's Roar voyages? I did two Devil's Roar gold hoarders voyages with the Reaper's Mark up, saw the Reaper's Mark voyages commendation credit increase, and didn't get anything under the gold hoarders commendation... still 0/5

• Per this week's Rare Stream, Shelley said the eruptions are random and the only telltale is the smoke after an earthquake, yet an earthquake in itself was not an indicator of a pending eruption. You could get an earthquake solo, no eruption, but if there was going to be an eruption it would follow on from an earthquake, then smoke, then eruption.

• @sprungnickel427 IMO, they need to increase the time it takes to erupt once the smoke starts coming out. You don't have time to even get back to the boat sometimes, and then when you do a heat seeking fire rock one hits you and your boat is instasunk.

• I have done 2 Gold Hoarder Devils Roar voyages and have not be awarded them complete. Reads 4/5 still
    I have done 2 Order Of Souls Devils Roar voyages and have not been awarded them complete. Reads 0/5

I spent a lot of time on those voyages, I would like to know how I am to be credited or reimbursed these voyages?

GamerTag DEAD EDGE 666

• Sometimes the flags disappear by themselves, even if they are equipped, the character's titles disappear every time you die even if they are equipped. When objects have to be stowed, the key for stowing them (y on xbox) has written "store" and does not hold or deposit objects (in Italian).
    Store is wrong in Italian. :)

• Alright, im gonna make this short and sweet. But Rare... For the love of God Balance your game.

Volcanoes erupt way too soon and often and give you no time to loot(this is unrealistic and unnecessary) .
    Volcanoes literally aim for you, its not a random spray (this is unrealistic and ridiculous).
    Volcanoes have a firing range that is way to damn far for a small map especially when a single hit can sink you if you and your team dies from it.

The row boats break and sink way too easy (pretty much useless).
    The row boats steering radius is garbage (pretty much useless).

The island gunpowder skellys spawn way to damn often
    The island gunpowder skellys run way to damn fast

Clipping on sand is ridiculous
    Clipping on railings and other items is ridiculous

Sand should not put holes in a boat, did you guys do any research about sailing before starting? Wooden ships were beached as per norm especially the smaller ones, f*s, you even have ships in game that have been beached.

The list goes on and on and on, this update provided just yet again more headaches and less fun.

• I hope the cargo runs are more than take object from point a to point b

• @treefittymonsta said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.3.0:

I hope the cargo runs are more than take object from point a to point b

That is exactly what it looks like. At least there is an alternative with the twist of a challenge on the delivery condition to mix things up from just rounding up pigs, chickens, and snakes.

• @x-crowheart-x said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.3.0:

@treefittymonsta said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.3.0:

I hope the cargo runs are more than take object from point a to point b

That is exactly what it looks like. At least there is an alternative with the twist of a challenge on the delivery condition to mix things up from just rounding up pigs, chickens, and snakes.

I suppose. Disappointed with the lack of innovation for the quest lines in the last 8 months.

• Infinite black loading screen is back.... after returning from the ferry of the damned, stuck on infinite loading screen. stop skipping maintenance days and fix this... what is wrong with your company... seriously.

And yes I've reported but I doubt it will do anything there are over a dozen bugs that have been in the game for months and ignored for months.

• @treefittymonsta actually there are hard set stone geysers and random sand geysers. The ones that aren’t random are the steamy pile of rocks in certain locations on islands.

• The game right now is unplayable. The worst thing over the rest is that I'm not getting all my Devil's roar's commendations even if I finish a travel (I should have 5/5 for gold hoarders and I have 3/5). FIX THIS, PLEASE. Next, eruptions occur too frequently, and it seems that I activate an eruption right when I touch an island. Furthermore, the outpost should be free of eruptions, c'mon! And last but not least, I'm getting a bug that doesn't allow me to grab my wheel or my anchor, right before an eruption, so I must kill myself to solve this bug and when I respawn, it's too late to save my chests. It's the second time this happened to me today, and I've lost nearly 9000 doublons because of this bug. Try to fix this, because I like your game a lot but right now is unplayable and I'm getting frustrated and tired of the game because of these bugs

• There are good and bad things about devils roar. But the overall impact has not been terribly positive.
    I have MANY legend friends who dont play at all any more. None of them do. I literally have a friends list full of people playing pc games Ive never heard of now so something is obviously wrong.
    Make it easier who cares its just a game. The devs are taking the wrong things way too seriously and either ignore us or pretend to care when we all scream about something.
    If you want this game to work try making it the way the player wants, not the way "you think it should sort of be".

Views
78 out of 91