Known issues list, not addressed in dev update video.

• Suggestion: I think rare should release a known issues list so we know they are aware of all the current issues and are working on fixing them for next week's dlc release.

I think they think the game doesn't have many bugs right because they keep skipping maintenance days.

Or will they give us tally on the weekly dev update video this week?

/Signed Concerned customer

Views
  • Known important bugs appear here https://www.seaofthieves.com/status like broken athenas, can't feed pigs...

• Also https://support.seaofthieves.com/

• @treefittymonsta Well, there are the known issues that they put in the changelog, and then there are the known issues that they don’t like to make public apparently.

The Windows Taskbar issue, for instance, returned with the new UI. They’ve known about it since the release of Cursed Crews, they’ve told me in my support ticket they are aware of it, they’ve released an update since then, but this didn’t show up in the “known issues” section of the changelog.

But, basically, the bugs we had a week ago (or two weeks ago for the ones they didn’t address in the last update), are the bugs we have now.

• @eggamer13 said in Known issues list:

Known important bugs appear here https://www.seaofthieves.com/status like broken athenas, can't feed pigs...

I don't see a list of bugs on that link.

• @dooby said in Known issues list:

Also https://support.seaofthieves.com/

I don't see a list if bugs thru that link.

• @treefittymonsta said in Known issues list:

@dooby said in Known issues list:

Wierd, I see it at the bottom of the page

• @bran-the-ent said in Known issues list:

@treefittymonsta Well, there are the known issues that they put in the changelog, and then there are the known issues that they don’t like to make public apparently.

The Windows Taskbar issue, for instance, returned with the new UI. They’ve known about it since the release of Cursed Crews, they’ve told me in my support ticket they are aware of it, they’ve released an update since then, but this didn’t show up in the “known issues” section of the changelog.

But, basically, the bugs we had a week ago (or two weeks ago for the ones they didn’t address in the last update), are the bugs we have now.

@bran-the-ent said in Known issues list:

@treefittymonsta Well, there are the known issues that they put in the changelog, and then there are the known issues that they don’t like to make public apparently.

Yah I get that generic response also when I send a support ticket. They've skipped two maintenance periods.. so it makes me think that support isn't talking to development. Because surely they needed to fix these bugs.

@treefittymonsta said in Known issues list:

Oh I didn't scroll far enough. Holy cow... They don't even know about half the bugs that are in the game... Wow that list doesn't even cover the bugs with inventory system, cannon fire bug, inability to access barrels, etc... Wow support is definitely not communicating with the dev team then...

• Is there any other way to let dev team know about the bugs. Maybe theyll listen to a pioneer?

@treefittymonsta said in Known issues list:

Oh I didn't scroll far enough. Holy cow... They don't even know about half the bugs that are in the game... Wow that list doesn't even cover the bugs with inventory system, cannon fire bug, inability to access barrels, etc... Wow support is definitely not communicating with the dev team then...

Yeah, I would have expected a longer list tbh, but it looks more like ones articles have been written for rather than exposing their ticket system.

edit
    To be fair, it's possible the support team are trying to communicate with the dev team, but the dev team are all running around with their hair on fire

• @treefittymonsta it’s a good idea, but all i care about is that stupid skeleton bug. SO ANNOYING (funny at first but not anymore)

• @beanmariocow said in Known issues list:

@treefittymonsta it’s a good idea, but all i care about is that stupid skeleton bug. SO ANNOYING (funny at first but not anymore)

Do you mean the one where you render as a skeleton? If it doesn't affect the actual gameplay I would imagine that is waaaay down the priority list right now

• @beanmariocow said in Known issues list:

@treefittymonsta it’s a good idea, but all i care about is that stupid skeleton bug. SO ANNOYING (funny at first but not anymore)

Yah that one isn't even on this list.. c**p... Are the current bugs still going to be in the game post forsaken shores if they aren't listed on that support list.

@beanmariocow said in Known issues list:

Do you mean the one where you render as a skeleton? If it doesn't affect the actual gameplay I would imagine that is waaaay down the priority list right now

Yeah i understand, i just don’t know how a bug can be in the game for so long without them doing anything about it.

• That list, if that is truly the complete list, is no where near complete. I know I have sent in several tickets that are not shown there, but are things I know I am not the only one experiencing. Like the jittery display glitch.

Maybe theyll listen to a pioneer?

That could be part of the problem. From what I have seen, the Pioneers on here keep telling us the game is totally playable.

• They obviously are communicating with the dev team. But the dev team is focused on FS so the bug fix will be in the Forsaken Shores update. And Known Bugs is for bugs that they're working on but don't have a solution yet if you found a bug and is not in the known bugs it means that is solved for the next patch or is not their priorities to fix it.

• @treefittymonsta There are many bugs not on the list. We all know that this doesn’t mean they don’t know about them, but just that they haven’t listed them.

• @bran-the-ent said in Known issues list:

@treefittymonsta There are many bugs not on the list. We all know that this doesn’t mean they don’t know about them, but just that they haven’t listed them.

Well they've skipped two maintenance periods and left the bugs in place that's where my concern is...

Made me wonder if they weren't aware of the bugs and that's why they haven't patched the game in over two weeks.

• @treefittymonsta Yeah, I am disappointed with that as well. Why tie fixing known issues into DLC releases is beyond me. Fixing known issues that drastically have an effect on game play should be more of a priority and they just don't seem to be.

• Seem to always get a generic response and occasionally an extra sentence that says the ticket has been reported to the dev team. The ticket is then closed with no follow up. Which is then followed by another email asking how great they did.

The official list is too short. Then there are the intentional changes that impact gameplay in a negative way also. Rare already said they did not listen to Pioneers. That is why we got the barrel of issues update.

Several weeks after a lot of outcry and feedback in multiple parts with no response and maintenance appears they still are not truly listening. Lost family and friends we sailed with because of all this. My spouse and I are so close to becoming legends, we are trying hard not to scuttle our ship and give up.

It would be so much better to sail into Forsaken Shores in a cleaned up, more polished sea than what we are sailing on now. Will be very sad to have all the nice new content dragged down with all the existing bugs and issues.

• Wow the current bugs in the game weren't even addressed in the new dev update video at all. This is truly worriesome. I wonder if they will be fixed upon the dlc release.

• @treefittymonsta said in Known issues list, not addressed in dev update video.:

Wow the current bugs in the game weren't even addressed in the new dev update video at all. This is truly worriesome. I wonder if they will be fixed upon the dlc release.

Let’s hope so despite the lack of information and transparency they promised. He states they hope to get the testing process with the Pioneers worked in for future releases. That should have already been the process, especially for a mature company. Cannot continue to ignore the current issues created due to a lack of best practices that should have never been missing. Should know how and when all the current bugs and other gameplay issues are going to be fixed, not just new ones.

• @x-crowheart-x said in Known issues list, not addressed in dev update video.:

@treefittymonsta said in Known issues list, not addressed in dev update video.:

Wow the current bugs in the game weren't even addressed in the new dev update video at all. This is truly worriesome. I wonder if they will be fixed upon the dlc release.

Let’s hope so despite the lack of information and transparency they promised. He states they hope to get the testing process with the Pioneers worked in for future releases. That should have already been the process, especially for a mature company. Cannot continue to ignore the current issues created due to a lack of best practices that should have never been missing. Should know how and when all the current bugs and other gameplay issues are going to be fixed, not just new ones.

A part of me is thinking bug fixing is boring making new content is more fun? So everyone in the company just wants to make the new content and they hope the bug fixes will come along with the build. Maybe?

• @treefittymonsta said in Known issues list, not addressed in dev update video.:

A part of me is thinking bug fixing is boring making new content is more fun? So everyone in the company just wants to make the new content and they hope the bug fixes will come along with the build. Maybe?

Creating new things, seeing them implemented, and especially appreciated by your audience is a great thing. Squashing bugs may not be as exciting to some. You have to recognize there is an issue, identify the root cause, develop a resolution, and successfully implement that solution without creating new issues. May not be as exciting and flashy, however it is still very necessary. Depending on the issue it can be just as involved and sometimes more so.

To be fair they do have several important priorities to juggle. New content has been a huge priority. Lack of content and player response to that fact has pushed things in this direction. They are competing against new content hungry players, unhappy players, other games, and now the clock. It all goes into making sure Sea of Thieves stays relevant to both old pirates and new ones.

It is a critical time. There must be a good balance established and properly maintained between the two going forward. They may not be able to address it all right now, but that is never an excuse to not talk about it. There would be a lot more understanding pirates who would feel more comfortable sailing in unsure waters right now if they knew what is bothering them matters and will definitely be addressed.

• @treefittymonsta I think it’s just that they haven’t got a fix and if there’s not a fix, why would there be an update?

As I understand the PC Taskbar issue, for example, it requires Microsoft to whitelist the game for a true fullscreen instead of the windowed borderless that passes for fullscreen in Microsoft store apps. So, it may be an easy fix, but has to come from outside the company.

• @bran-the-ent
    I guess... But some of these bugs have been in since the introduction of cursed crews. Also it's nuts that they didn't have a backup bilge rat adventure just in case. I for one am ready to reduce the cc....

Maybe I am weird, but I find bug fixing more interesting, tracking down and fixing things in an existing code base whilst not introducing other issues can be a real challenge, and even getting to the point where you can understand and reproduce the bug can be quite a headscratcher.

edit of course you always aim to not have any bugs, but this is the real world and software systems get complex and fail in some weird ways

Views
11 out of 30