Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game

• "First and foremost, a critical mistake that I’d like to apologise for is that we haven’t been pro-active"

I can't think of a company that has been more upfront and communicative with it's playerbase. Please don't apologise

• After reading this I have nothing to complain about anymore. The game is changing and growing. We just have to start adjusting to the changes and expect that the flow of combat can be a bit slower. As a oldtimer I got zero issue with that.... :D

• I appreciate the transparency, and although its later than I would have liked to see, it's better late than never. The barrels are a bit clunky, and it's good to see you all are doing some work to make it less so. Also, I'm glad to see you are working on balancing the stacks too. Last night, I was holding 10 cannonballs, 5 Grogballs, 4 Peaceballs, 2 Broken-Legballs, 1 Anchorball, and 1 Supplyball all at the same time. I was able to easily take down a 3-man brigantine crew, by myself, on a sloop. I understand the desire to have unknown threats from other players, but CCBs already tarnish the great balance you all had before. The ability to carry an arsenal of cannonballs though? That's bad. Glad to see you're working on it, and if I can get some time I'll pour my feedback in the right place later, but I appreciate the address to the patch from you all. Hopefully you can get this stuff ironed out. I'm a very loyal, and love of this game, and I dont want to see it die

• @mikethemutinous said in Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game:

Also I want to address the reasoning behind not having a 'take all' option on the fly. This is related to us expanding to multiple items types in a barrel, otherwise this would only work for what are currently single item barrels, although we want to expand the items they can contain in the future. Also, we need to be mindful of potential crew disharmony issues with a single crew member taking all various item types from a barrel in a single button press. This would become the primary way versus making a more considered choice. For players who just want to grab a stack of cannonballs quickly, we're confident the 'Take All' option from within the interface will be a considerable improvement.

Please take the feedback on this "take all" seriously, if it allows players to grab everything at once you will make boarding enemy ships a nightmare for the defending team, it is very important to be mindful of changes that may indirectly affect other aspects of gameplay.

As for the rest, I was wondering to myself on how it was such a rushed patch from the end of cursed sails to the intruduction of cursed cannonballs, I imagined that you guys didn't have time to even finish the update proper before tweaking the barrels 2.0. I am less angry at the fact that this was adressed and that major feedback points were heard. I am in completely on board with the proposed improvements and I hope that this will quell the initial knee jerk reaction from the community.

I am looking foward to Barrels 2.1.

• The testing gave tons of info about this all we hear anymore it's on back bunner strange how we as tested matter at one time and now i turly have nothing you seen this coming a mile away sorry at ome time i believe in sea of thieves and rare so much not so much anymore it like you forgot abot or voices just my 2 cents pvp and pve will never play good together

• @MikeTheMutinous Thanks for the update mate! Although I think you guys may have put to much thought into how to go about it. I still think the menus should be an optional thing instead of something being forced on everyone.

Personally I'd love to see this as how it works:

Approaching Barrel

• X to remove item (per the old system), but have it switch to the next obtainable item if current inventory is full of first item. Example, first item being removed is bananas, you hit 5 bananas, now it switches to planks or another item still available to be added in your inventory.
    • Y stores currently held item in barrel
    • hold X to access barrel inventory menu, to account for maps/messages, or just plain curiosity if not in a hurry.

Barrel Capacity
    Kept at the same we've been used to, except cursed cannonballs now take the place of a regular cannonball, so regardless of how many cursed cannonballs held by a crew, they still can only carry 300 cannonballs total. Same thing could go for the food barrel. This type of decision making adds variety and strategy into what is more important to the crew in regards of what supplies to keep on board.

Radial Wheel
    I still think it would be faster utilizing this system, at least on a controller, rather than the resources/equipment menus. To have this work with the new items, split the current radial wheel into 2 categories, equipment and resources. Have it default as the equipment wheel that we are already accustomed to and instead of only having a X for More button, add a Y for Resources button which takes you to a radial wheel for only resources. With this it could incorporate all of the current resources and the newly added cursed cannonballs with plenty of room for future resources and ease of access with an X for More button on the resources wheel.

• @mikethemutinous sagte in Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game:

[...]
    We're going to review the stack limits.
    [...]

This is honestly my biggest issue with the new system, a single person/barrel can hold way too many things at once.
    The limitation of how much you can carry or store was a very vital gameplay mechanic for me, limitations lead to making choices that matter.

With the old limitation (10/5/5 for players and 100 per barrel) in place no two ships will have the same invetory.

Choices matter and encounters will be more fun.

Is that Ship on the Horizon going to be fully laden with Bananas or will they have coconuts?
    Are they having curseballs, if so which ones will it be?

Limitations on the inventory size will enrich the world in many ways.
    Limitations are good.

You guys are doing a fine job, i'm looking forward to the changes!

• @MikeTheMutinous thanks a lot for adressing this.

May I suggest that you guys have a look at the Prey reboot inventory system? I believe it addresses most of the community complaints around this. Barrels 3.0 should be a mix of 2.0 and 1. 0 IMO

• @mikethemutinous as an aside, I would love to see your team on the next Weekly Stream (which I am expecting to be on Tuesday unless the backlash makes you all hide) to showcase the benefits of the new system from your point of view and let the community see you play and using it....

• @knifelife I found it but added it as an edit to my post so it didn't tag you again, @lady-aijou reminded me where it was :)

• @mikethemutinous I have to say. I may be one of the few but, I see why you made the inventory the way that you did and I enjoy it. So at this point all you can do is improve on it! Which if people will read this they should/will understand it better. This system is for the better and I am excited to see all the new changes. Please keep up the great work. I can't wait to see the new foods and things that you add. You got this Team Rare!!!!

• @thor-von-blitz I agree with you.

• @katttruewalker Aha! I knew I wasn’t crazy haha well maybe I am but not on this subject!

Thank you @lady-aijou for saving my sanity! And as always thanks Katt! :)

• @mikethemutinous Thanks Mike for such a great post, and explaining why changes have been made, and also your plans to allow more time to iterate on valuable Pioneer feedback.

Also great to hear that some changes will be coming fairly quickly to alleviate the slower resource stocking.

I do have a suggestion that I know a few others have made besides myself. The "take all" option in the Inventory UI is great, but what about a "Quick Store" option for the ship resource barrels, so that a player can quickly store the item they are holding without opening the Barrel UI?

So for example I'm holding a standard cannonball, and am in front of the cannonball barrel on my boat. Why not allow a player to quickly store all of their held cannonballs, one by one, just as it was before?

Again thanks for the great post.

• @vgtrooper said in Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game:

I reiterate, unless you plan to add a TON of various food choices, cannonball types, plank/wood types, etc. you can EASILY use existing unused barrels surrounding those spots to fill the future items.

• Food? Bananas, Coconuts, Pineapple(?) = 3 Barrels and most of the ships already have 1 for bananas and 2 unused ones right next to it (with sloop have only 1 unused barrel, but lots of space to add another barrel).
    • Planks? As it stands there is only planks and nothing mentioned about other types, but still all the boats have 2 unused barrels next to the existing planks barrel.
    • Cannonballs? As it stands there are barrels for storing the regular balls, and room next to them to add a barrel just for the cursed balls. Add a barrel with a limit for this barrel set to 110 so that each ball type could have 10 (10*11=110) or you could choose to have more of one ball type over another. This barrel would be the only one that needs a menu, which IMO is ok since the UI/menu would put a slow down on grabbing cursed balls and add a bit of strategy to using them since they have an advantage in combat.

Overall this removes need for the barrel menu UI and puts it back to how we all enjoyed it. Adding my previous pictures to explain the idea

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

I enjoy this suggestion. Thank you for sharing!

I already suggested a solve like this in regards to cursed cannonballs on our ships.. for canons the top would be set aside for regular cannons, the lower left for green... lower right for purple....
    The same additions could be applied for basic foods when new ones are introduced. The same again for new repair items whatever form they may take down the road.
    This way we'd at least be able to do as I suggest in the following more easily to wit I say this...

I can accept that change we've gotten, I can understand why it's there. What I cannot understand is why there can't be two buttons on the interface of a given barrel. Be it random shore-side, floating, or even barrels on our ships.

Such as to say thus: Imagine the barrel interaction were identical to how it was before the patch. I'll use PC controls as an example: Hit "F" to loot the first item in the barrel whatever it may be, usually one of the original items (Cannon, Banana, Plank). If it's empty of that resource it'll show a grayed out name, just as before, moreover let the basic items we need be the only items a barrel may contain that are listed as easily to pick up.

Since now barrels can contain any given item... there will then have to be an interaction button for opening the barrel and looking inside to see what else might be living in there. If there is nothing in a barrel let the secondary button of choice be grayed out as well... if devs hope to keep the surprise intact... ignore that last comment. Because if we're looking for special secret things in a barrel well, from there it's fine.... digging into a barrel to look for cool things should take a minute of our time and in a tense situation should be dangerous. But... simply walking up to a resource barrel and grabbing the first item in the list of BASIC items such as a cannon, plank, or banana... shouldn't require multiple UI pages.

This would maintain the integrity of play styles we as players have spent since launch (and before) developing and becoming used too, while also allowing any barrel in the game to host any item in the game without damage to the desire to have us opening barrels and actually looking inside.

Further, at this point there is no need and shouldn't be a need to keep weapon/ammo types and food/repair items separate. At this point if we're being honest and assuming that no more changes will come to alter the new interface/barrel interaction what is the point of forcing players to only keep each resource in it's given location on the ship... let us put anything in anything since we're being forced to find anything in anything.

The balance of keeping banana barrels in X location and Planks in Y isn't maintained now that we also have to open the barrel and pick and choose what we want to grab. Sure, as of right now the banana are the only food in the food barrel.... But once that changes and we're stuck grabbing bananas or dragon fruit or durians or whatever... why should we also be stuck walking to the specific barrel on the ship that has been predefined? Why not simply allow us to toss all of our items in the cannon barrels at the top of a sloop or what have you? We still have to dig through the inventory and it will become a sloppy mess on the ships of players without a bit of OCD... let that be our choice for once?!

There's more to say but here's my bottom line opinion on this:

Sure, lets keep the new changes but rollback a bit to the ability to grab basic items from a barrel as it used to be. Creating a secondary input for those who WANT to look for better items that may be hidden inside. This allows players simply trying to stock up a ship to have quick access to barrel inventory without having to look deeper, while rewarding players who can or choose to look deeper than the surface loot in a barrel.

Also allow WE PLAYERS to put items in any barrel... if the game world now supports multiple item types in a barrel why CANT PLAYERS? Balance is tossed out for now anyhow... the argument that walking the extra few steps around this or that to get to a specific barrel on the ship is redundant now, the slow down and future additions which will slow us even more as we look for the item in question, is the new meta for stealing from other players or getting what you need on a ship.

If there's no way to grab say... food quickly without navigating through a barrel UI... does it matter if I put all my supplies in my cannon barrels at the top of my ship? And should I as the potential captain of the ship be allowed to put things where I want anyhow? It made sense before when grabbing items as easier... players could protect or run to unprotected banana barrels to grab a food item and heal mid-fight... that ability now while still thinly present... is not maintained as it was.

Therefore allowing players to store all their supplies in any given barrel makes sense now. There is no need to maintain such an iron grip on item placement... the slowdown comes from having to open this new menu.

As a final note......

The next time a major UI overhaul like this is committed... adding in an animation that shows a player dunking their heads into the barrel and falling into them waist deep with legs dangling out, as other players watch them look inside the barrel. While simultaneously adding an animation for the player opening the new barrel UI that looks effectively identical to what we have now.. but "behind the UI" we'd see the barrel moving as we dunk our heads into it... would probably help players wrap their own minds around what's going on...

Merely adding windows and UI to the action doesn't help players wrap their own noggins around the image that's attempting to be displayed here. SO even if we're keeping what we got and never going back.... can we at least get some sort of animated comical nods to the action we're supposed to imagine ourselves doing? It's much more valuable for me as a player to see my pal suddenly waist deep or leg up in a barrel that's on my ship or floating in the water and know he's in the barrel UI pages looking for things... than it is to see my pal simply standing next to a barrel staring blankly. Just as were I to see the background animation on the UI... even though it's blocked by the UI itself... indicate my head is GOING INTO the barrel as the UI opens and I start grabbing items, then back out as I closed the UI... able to be interrupted in it's animation if I open and close the UI really fast .... while that may slow us down a hair... I'm less concerned with the slowdown if this is the format we're set upon.... than I am with it's presentation in this case.

Because if I have to make LEMONADE with NOLEMONS at least offer it in a way that helps reinforce the comedic styling of the game and immersion. That goes alot father for me that statements such as "Here's why we did it.. deal with it... Sorry insofar to say we regret not being more expressive earlier".

• @personalc0ffee They never said they were looking into cutting up to 80% of the requirements.

• @personalc0ffee I agree but I think people are more worried it’s one step closer and two steps back.

But with all these things only time will tell.

• The changes sound good... But why have so many extra barrels on the ships if we can't use them.... Make em accessible so if i want to I can use one exclusively for cursed cannonballs, or I can use a different one for each type, my crew and I would know which barrel has which.

Also, Sorry, but, what is the point in adding maps to barrels? More maps and voyages are good, but themeaticly how does it make sense?

• Thank you for this write up and addressing the concerns of the community when it comes to such a drastic change.

@mikethemutinous said in Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game:

First and foremost, a critical mistake that I’d like to apologise for is that we haven’t been pro-active explaining why we made these changes, rather we’re doing it now after the fact. We certainly didn’t make such a change to the core flow, pace and mechanics of the game lightly, but we should have done a better job of being up front and detailing precisely why we feel it’s important to the future expansion of the game. This is something we’ll strive to handle better in the future.

We’ve also unfortunately ended up in a situation where the Cursed Crews event and the addition of the Cursed Cannonballs are so closely tied that we ran out of time to react to feedback from our Sea of Thieves Pioneers. Let me assure you that the motivation behind this was around pushing to deliver new content quicker, but we’ll ensure that we plan to have more time in future to iterate on the changes we want to make based on valuable Pioneer feedback. This is worthwhile lesson and an area where we want to make improvements.

This is critical when doing major revisions like this, especially in regards to your pioneer players that are trying to help in this regard and you need to get your balance sorted to keep the pace of the updates and the iterations at a consistent level, as much as we want new content I would rather have it slightly later than in a state as it was with this patch.

In terms of why we made this change, I’d like to look into the future of Sea of Thieves in more detail, especially the areas of the game that we see evolving over time. As you’ve no doubt heard us say many times, Sea of Thieves will continue to be enriched over time, presenting new ways to play, new goals for players and new tools that add to the unpredictable and surprising way the game is often played.

Most of the main player base already understands this but they are and will be keeping a bad taste in the mouth if another one of these patches is repeated.

Richer Exploration & Resource Gathering

Although barrels are purely just for resources at the moment, we want to support more possibilities for what could be inside a barrel. Part of the experience of exploring the world is coming across a message in a bottle and finding an emergent quest, and we’ll shortly be adding the chance to find maps in barrels. Beyond this, we want to add a greater variety of items in barrels that can surprise players while adventuring the world, rather than barrels being purely about supplies.

I have made this suggestion to others in the past and still do vocally: we need an option to put opened up bottle messages back into a bottle or just out of the inventory, I hope that this is the system that I have been asking for since the launch of the game as it annoys me to no end when they keep stacking whilst doing primary voyages when people pick them up then once they are the only ones left on the wheel they push the main voyages to the next page of the wheel.

I know others will state just complete them but at times we are on the other side of the map to where they want us to do them and we usually don't bother with them unless we are in the same area or at least one island over due to the RNG nature of them.

More Food Types

Bananas are currently the only food item and the only way to replenish health in the game, but we plan to add more depth and strategy around the use of food. When we added the ‘Food’ barrel to the ship, we did it knowing that it would be only bananas initially, but that this would be expanded to many more food types over time.

There is no doubt this is about potions as the next type of "food" item due in part to the unoccupied shop being a possible potion shop and to allow crafting of these for various effects on the player and ship down the line.

‘Take All’ & ‘Store All’

The biggest and most frequently recurring point of community feedback is the slower pace of resource gathering, including how this impacts tense situations such as skeleton forts and ship battle scenarios. Rather than summoning the barrel interface to then click each resource items multiple times to store and take the desired number, this change will allow players to open the interface and quickly take and store stacks within the barrel with less button presses. While this is still a fundamental change to muscle memory compared to how the system worked before, this will allow players to take and store full stacks of resources in less clicks.

I can sort of do this already in the current version with holding F when over a stack, but this needs to be done for those that are on the console and or just playing with a controller on PC.

This is how I would like to have it: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/71600/ux-suggestion-for-interacting-with-barrel-2-0/2

Quality of Life Improvements
    Examples include swapping around the newly added Equipment and Resource tabs, not highlighting stacks of resources if you’re already full of that type as well as removing empty stacks, allowing players to ‘Take all’ of multiple types without having to reselect another resource. There is also a bug we’re aware of and want to resolve that prevents players looking and moving around immediately after leaving a barrel.

I am actually baffled how this was not already done.

Cannonball Quick Menu

Another upcoming change is allowing players to see and select everything they can load and fire from a cannon with less button presses. We plan to introduce a contextual radial that players can summon while interacting with a cannon, allowing them to select any ammo types they have, including standard cannonballs and any cursed cannonballs they may have found.

Keep it on the same bind as the normal equipment wheel to allow normal muscle memory for players to take over for this action.

We’ll share a further update next week on our recent commendation rebalancing and how we plan to grow this in the short term to accommodate more goals for Pirate legends

The main issue with the balance of them was the crates, not one person had an issue with any of the other ones. You could of pretty much kept the requirements the same and not touched them now that all you had to do that you now did was increase the rate of the spawn of them and the voyages for them in the bottles.

We're adding an 'empty' tag to barrels so players know in advance if its empty. This will be available in the next update.

We don't need an empty tag, you need to have a visual guide to see from a distance if the barrel has items or is empty and this posted album gives you a guide:

https://imgur.com/a/iSLg6GA

Also I want to address the reasoning behind not having a 'take all' option on the fly. This is related to us expanding to multiple items types in a barrel, otherwise this would only work for what are currently single item barrels, although we want to expand the items they can contain in the future. Also, we need to be mindful of potential crew disharmony issues with a single crew member taking all various item types from a barrel in a single button press. This would become the primary way versus making a more considered choice. For players who just want to grab a stack of cannonballs quickly, we're confident the 'Take All' option from within the interface will be a considerable improvement.>

This is honestly a non issue with the current player stack limit and the stack limit of a barrel for each item, it will take multiple runs before a single player will run it dry.

The only time this is concern is currently with the cursed cannon balls and as such one barrel on the ship should be locked down to the crew of said ship to give the crew the option to prevent placed items in them just taken, even at half or quarter stack capacity.

As another user stated we have other non used barrels on the ships already, lets put them to use.

• @PersonalC0ffee the old system maybe dead but the new system is terrible and completely changes the pace of the game imo.

I'd take a few of the ideas brought forward in this thread over the garbage that we currently have.

• Changes will always cause concerns or difference of opinion.
    I love the potential this game has always had and the creative vision you guys have for the game.
    Thanks again.

• I like the select all option. Is it possible to add an option to clear the markers on the map table all at once

• Thanks for keeping the community updated.

• This are some great upcoming improvements! They will definetly make it easier and more fun (satisfying) in my case to use the new inventory system!
    Thanks Rare!

• Thank you
    This will help a bit until the next update .
    It's really good of you to offer so much details but the main thing I would believe gone wrong here was you setting yourself some very hard to keep deadlines and refusing to admit that you couldn't meet them .

If you need time most of us will understand just tell us but rushing something like that was a clear mistake which could have been avoided if you had listen your community of players.

Keep up the hard work AND THE COMMUNICATION !

• @personalc0ffee said in Inventory Changes - Expanding the Game:

A secondary note here. This thread is about INVENTORY changes, not with the commendations system. Please create an appropriate thread.

Mike covered commendations in his initial post, thus @Dawson-Dev is fully entitled to respond; unless you're asking @MikeTheMutinous to create an appropriate thread haha. I applaud his response, because this change has me infuriated. I really hope commendations are rolled back.

• I have to be honest, I'm not happy with this.
    It feels like a huge leap in the wrong direction. Any kind of inventory management interface is going to harm the game and impair immersion and the flow of gameplay. What's next? Were going to transfer supplies between players with a "trade" interface just like every other MMO?

I enjoy actually playing the game and not playing the Interface.

• Cheers for posting HERE, Mike, on the Sea of Thieves forums, rather than reddit or some other third party medium.

• Thanks for the update Mike!
    I really enjoy the new system, can't wait to see it grow in the future.
    Barrels
    Keep up the good work lads and lasses at Rare!

• @mikethemutinous I think you guys may be underestimating how broken the console experience is right now. No one on my friends list wants to play the game because of the latest patch and I'm not convinced the changes you describe are going to change that much. IMHO you guys need to roll back - and come up with a much better solution than you've outlined...

• First off, I love the game. I wouldn't be here otherwise.
    I am not expecting a personally addressed reply from you but it would be nice if you could just hear me out and take it onboard into the immediate future of SoT.

It's great to finally see a dev respond on their dedicated website instead of third party social soapboxes.
    I'm 56 and like a lot of us more senior gamers, we don't like joining a dozen social outlets to keep up with the news.
    This is the primary place you should focus on, not twitter, reddit, facebook or any other drama queen gatherings.
    Sure post there too if that floats your boat but how about returning some dedication to your player base first and foremost.

@mikethemutinous said

‘Take All’ & ‘Store All’

The biggest and most frequently recurring point of community feedback is the slower pace of resource gathering, including how this impacts tense situations such as skeleton forts and ship battle scenarios. Rather than summoning the barrel interface to then click each resource items multiple times to store and take the desired number, this change will allow players to open the interface and quickly take and store stacks within the barrel with less button presses. While this is still a fundamental change to muscle memory compared to how the system worked before, this will allow players to take and store full stacks of resources in less clicks.

This should have been a feature from the start (prior to the UI change) and the same used for crates too. Placed nearby a barrel the crate should have menu options to "Fill crate from barrel" and "Empty crate into barrel".

Cannonball Quick Menu

Another upcoming change is allowing players to see and select everything they can load and fire from a cannon with less button presses. We plan to introduce a contextual radial that players can summon while interacting with a cannon, allowing them to select any ammo types they have, including standard cannonballs and any cursed cannonballs they may have found.

This should have been implemented with the UI change. When you buy a new car you expect the steering wheel to be included. Same deal here.

We’ll share a further update next week on our recent commendation rebalancing and how we plan to grow this in the short term to accommodate more goals for Pirate legends

Your logic is befuddling.
    Why not leave the achievements and commendations as they were and simply add easy goals for the casual players? Instead you've screwed-over every dedicated player.
    The only ridiculous achievement was 1,000 banana crates when there simply wasn't any to be found. I may have seen four by the time I became pirate legend.

Why is it our problem that some can't or don't want to invest as much time into the game? Sure I can feel pity for those without as much play time in their lives but, as harsh as it may sound, that's on them, not me or any other player.

We're adding an 'empty' tag to barrels so players know in advance if its empty. This will be available in the next update.

This too should have been addressed implemented before releasing the new UI.

Honestly I love the game, mostly due to great company of friends, but we've all asked at one stage or another "What's wrong with them?" in reference to many decisions Rare have made.

As of this minute right now, STOP setting deadlines and broadcasting them to the world.
    Don't tell us to expect X, Y and Z on a given date until it's already been trialed and tested.... bug free.
    Give yourselves time to make all necessary fixes BEFORE releasing c**p.
    Make absolute certainties that it is only a new feature you are releasing and not just another opened can of new bugs.

What's the point of having a pioneer program when they're all expressing concerns to a brick wall?
    Listen to your pioneers, adhere their concerns and address those issues. That's what they are there for.
    You've placed them all in a position to cop flak from a community wanting to point blame. Don't use them as escape goats.

Now this is something I've said since before becoming pirate legend. We could all see it coming except you guys. You desperately need to get the ball rolling with some diversity in Athena voyages and beyond. Be creative!!!
    While you're at it throw some diversity into all factions. I think that's the lack of "depth" and "content" meant by your critics. Not give us only three fetch quest over and over until eternity.
    Gawd only knows how many tedious repetitious fetch quests we've played to get to 50/50/50 only to be rewarded with another 837 quests of the same grind under the title of Athena.

I know people have been screaming for more content since, well the beta really.
    I also understand that PLs are the minority.
    However those who aren't PL yet have just as much content as we did (if not more). The only difference is they still have something to do now where as we don't.
    Now with you guys moving the goal posts on achievements five months into the game we have even less to strive for.

It might be hard for the dev team to fathom, being in the under 30 rep bracket, but just imagine striving for 500 skull forts, getting up in the 400s then seeing the achievement award being changed to 120.
    Suddenly the dangling carrot has disappeared and all of that extra hard work was for zilch.

Unappreciated, worthless.

I can imagine the pioneers having that same gutted feeling. :/

• Here's my easy fix. This is how I would want it.

Add ONE barrel on the ships that holds everything except cannon balls,boards or bananas. This barrel will use the UI and holds all the special cannon balls, foods, and whatever.

Change the cannon ball, bananas,board barrels that are on the ships back to the way they were with no ui.

Island barrels will still use the UI but that's fine, most of the fastest pace action happens on the ships.

Its called a compromise. we get our 3 main resource barrels the way we like them, and you get your UI. sounds good to me. ??

• At first look I think most people were impressed by the look of the new inventory but then the clunky nature of it set in. The worst part being you have no practical way of selecting cursed cannon balls. even adding a 3rd page of the wheel for them would have been something. there is 0 reason to ever hand another player canon balls and the ability to do so has only been used to make inappropriate jokes with the canon balls and banana. righting the right click to cycle between canon balls would be better than trying to give someone a ball they dont need or want.

It terms of the take all functionality could we also get that option for the crates? since we cant carry much for supplies its rather tedious going into barrels, then to the crate spamming buttons all along just to fill the crate. or simply lower the amount crates can hold this would also be nice as they are a huge drain on resources if you actually hand them in.

• These are all great changes, and I appreciate the transparency.

However, please explain why PC users can hold the 'grab' button to quickly grab things, but Xbox players are restricted to individual button presses. This is unacceptable, especially given the already innate and unavoidable advantages PC players have. Introducing another advantage for them is a poor lapse in judgment.

• @magus104 There is a quick way to access your cursed balls. On Xbox, Assign your regular cannon balls to your D-pad. To cycle between cannon ball types just spam the d-pad. On PC, you spam the hot key for cannonballs to pull up the other types.

Views
99 out of 173