Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.1

• @gamegirlzbby said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.2.1:

@peteloaf777 lowers anger

This has not been my experience at all. LOL!

• @genuine-heather anchor

• Skeleton ship sailing times for Australia and New Zealand pirates

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/429430195183681547/476754828845121538/image.jpg

• @slave2thesave where can I find a picture like this for EST time zone?

• @hock1977
    I made that one myself, i can edit one for EST and some other zones in an hour or so if you like

• @hock1977
    How's this?

https://imgur.com/a/kNATbkm

• Looking forward to taking a skeleton fort with alliance ships!

• Fort spawn times don't seem to be sinking up especially when servers merge. Cannons have misfire issues when aiming low at either a left or right angle. Random floating barrels in the world not spawned around the skellie ship battles are sinking in 10-15 seconds not allowing for you to pick up supplies.

• @iceman-0007 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.2.1:

Fort spawn times don't seem to be sinking up especially when servers merge. Cannons have misfire issues when aiming low at either a left or right angle. Random floating barrels in the world not spawned around the skellie ship battles are sinking in 10-15 seconds not allowing for you to pick up supplies.

Sigh yep....

• @nunoazuldimeter said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.2.1:

Forts doesn't seems to be 100% in this Live Build... Skellies walk a bit glitchy here.

And the Ghost Skelly waves need a twerk.... Ghosts with pistols, snipers, blunderbuss and gunpowder at night? what were you thinking when you decided this? ahaha

I think "tweak" works here better than "twerk" . I have a really odd mental image of a skelly shaking it's booty now. Thanks. haha.

• @m1sterpunch ahahah OMG loved it 😂😂😂

• You gave us feedback and we heard you! In this week's game update we've shifted the times of the Skeleton Ship battles so you'll have a chance to take on a different region battle each week in your usual gaming slot! Here's a handy schedule to tell you when to take to the seas!

alt text

• This honestly sucks I was able to do the ancient isle and plenty shores ship battles but can't find a server or right login time to do the wilds battle for the new ship cosmetics. According to everyone here the wilds skelly ship encounter won't be going on when I'm on. This blows and I also havnt seen many players joining alliances or even at these event locations while they're happening. W*f guys.

• you've got the different times to jump on and if you can't find other ships throw down a voyage in between and try to come across someone. If you still done see anyone leave the game and start another crew on a different server.

• @pvt-partts227 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.2.1:

This honestly sucks I was able to do the ancient isle and plenty shores ship battles but can't find a server or right login time to do the wilds battle for the new ship cosmetics. According to everyone here the wilds skelly ship encounter won't be going on when I'm on. This blows and I also havnt seen many players joining alliances or even at these event locations while they're happening. W*f guys.

You also couldn't do the Wilds region event last week?
    And, next week, it will be a diferent time, which would presumably fit your play schedule, because it'll be shifted again.

For unlocking cosmetics, you only need to defeat the three regions once, each. So, you should be able to get it done before the three week event is over.

• Ran to an unable to turn in loot bug at plunders outpost, then crashed to desktop while fighting at the skeleton ships west of shark bait cove. I've already reported via support. Is rare capable of patching the game without game breaking bugs?

• @slave2thesave Big thanks for the North America time zone conversions!

• I really have great fun with the update but there are 1 or 2 things that should be looked at and maybe changed:

-Brigantine seems to have a bug when full of water. You cant get rid of the water when bailing out on every side. On some sides the ship fills up with water again. You need to go to the far front so that it works. We had huge problems with this in battle.

-Generell there is on all ships to little space to store more planks and food. With this update and fighting the skellie ships you run out far too fast of blanks and also bananas and you don't have enough room to store more.

-Although I love the new battles there is one minor problem: I have been playing every evening and very often come across servers that seem to be empty. I don't mind this but the new AI Ships are impossible to sink doing this on your own or extremly difficult with a single sloop with 2 people. It would help if the amount of ships that spawn increase or decrease as well as the difficulty according to the amount of ships battling.
    This would give solo players also a chance of defeating the ships.

• Please also think about a penalty for those who execept a alliance and than betray after the loot is to be sold. The loot that was earned in a alliance should only be able to be sold if the alliance members are still in the alliance. If they leave for example they don't get anything. This would stopp grievers and trolls. There have been to many reports about people dooing this and spoiling other players fun when gaming.

Apart from that keep gooing Rare!

• Since the game is A bit unstable for some users, could rare create a reconnect to previous server option for people who solo play and have crashing issues with the game due to faulty patching? Thanks!

• Are the Fleet Protectors popping for anyone else?

I know all ships in the alliance have to be sailing the regional sails. I know that you have to be present for the entire battle.

I’ve met all of the conditions a few times in the Wilds and the Ancient Isles and it’s just not unlocking. A bit frustrating since over half the players seem to have no idea about it and sail in with random sails.

We need alliance and event quick chat options. Maybe make an item that’s whatever and the pre-set chat options for that item change for each event. “Change your sails” would be nice for this one.

• @neolink they're working for me. And I wasn't present for the entire battle.

• @neolink This happened to me last night at the Ancient Isles. I have submitted a support ticket and am now waiting on their response.
    You should do the same so they know it's a wider issue.

• I would like to thank @slave2thesave for posting a brake down, Rare you should of put this break down out, times event bad idea, also, the servers need to be consolidated more, the servers are just to empty to run a times event, i'm not sure how many time we have to say it, SERVERS ARE EMPTY. you may of had at one point 5 million people playing, but i'm not sure were they are. also don't forget. schools back in in the states, so you wont have the player count during the week. so you will lock this down to a 2 day period that that covers a 12 hour rotation, because a lot of your players can only play on the weekend, the Adults that work during the week and the kids in school,

• @b1gr0n1 Speak for yourself. I've never been on an empty server.
    So because you're back in school, the rest of the world has to cater to your needs? You just presume that everyone who plays Sea of Thieves is a student in the USA and that therefore the servers are empty? You presume that alot of players can only play in the weekend?
    Where is your data to back this up? If it's from your own experience, I've had a much different experience. You're saying alot of presumptions and making guesses based on your own experience with no proof that the claims are true.

You're not entitled to the commendations or the reward.

• Spent 4 hours on Sunday trying to get the wilds battle near mauraders arch completed.... no other crews came for the entire duration of the wilds battle times. It's like no one is battling the skeleton ships now. I'm disappointed.

• This build has some issues with random crashes seems to be around multiple alliance ships. When players spawn back they often come back either leaning at a 45 degree angle or as a green skeleton until they kill themselves or disconnect and reconnect from the game. Spawn times for the skellie ships needs to be more in sync across the board allowing for more ships to team up for the battle. Active forts are spawning but the rewards are still off from fort to fort. Some have more items and some have less. Should be an equal balance throughout. Random world barrels are sinking within 5-15 seconds after encountering them. Cannons are still having random firing issues where it will act as if the player as fired out of the cannon but really just ends up back on deck.

• So can I still do Shores of Plenty? I thought I could do everything during this week.

• @jaakkoaa Ahoy matey, you can still battle the shores of plenty. It is just the named crews which change weekly, which as the weeks go on, become unobtainable if you haven't completed them already.

• @svampbeard First off, i'm a 42 year old Retired Navy Vet, not in school Little buddy, i ended my post with pointing out that Adults work and kids are in school, covering both areas, as this will have a big impact on server population, that is FACT, if your not working, or in school like a large portion of people will be then what will they be doing? do i hear parents basement? as you area a founder, Pioneer, maybe you can relay some info to those that can do something about it, we need some kind of BBS in the taverns, also a way to join servers that have a pop of more then 1, it kinds of amazes me that with all the MMO's on the market those 2 fundamental items were left out

• @b1gr0n1 That´s why the event lasts 3 weeks. So you can find time when you have a day off or weekend off to stay up late. I am sorry I presumed you were a child, that was unfair of me.

I still have to disagree with you though, I´ve played at different times on weekdays and weekends. I´ve always found people around.

• @svampbeard No need to apologize, i and my Crew have found time, even doing Events at 1:00am to knock them all out, but like it says above, is not having a bulletin board system, in the taverns, a server list and a globe message system, I do have to say i'm really digging the alliance system, it really has livened up the game, as i say that, i'm am now seeing a bit more people in the game, with that said i did see for the first time the server swap message, i'm thinking there may have been an issue with there algorithm that keeps the servers full, I think this may actuality be the issue, and my need to be looked in to, or adjusted.

alt text

• @b1gr0n1 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.2.1:

but like it says above, is not having a bulletin board system, in the taverns, a server list and a globe message system,

That would be cool, indeed.

• Having something in the taverns near each location would help. But also a sign that showed a count of the ships on the sever which changed as someone logs off an on. Not specifically name who is on the ship but something to the effect of number of galleons last seen in the shores of plenty same with other ship types and the general map area. That way if you need to find someone to do the challenge with you would have an idea how populated the server was.

• Please someone help me with this. The cursed sails fleet I need to take down my last one is in the wilds by maurders arch. I work full time and live on the east coast. The time that it's going on for me is noon till 4 sadly I'm at work. Or midnight till 4am sadly I'm asleep cuz I work. When am I supposed to do this so I can get the bone crusher ship set.

• We are live, but no patch notes yet. SUMMON SUMMON SUMMON

Views
83 out of 105