It is possible to destroy Ruby Cursed Mermaid Statues alone!

• Even without gunpowder kegs! Shallow ones are possible. Even when shark comes you can swim around it and hit the shark too. I recorded the end of such encounter. It took around 300 hits, I found this is the best method alone. Around 4-5 minutes of sword play but worth it for the doubloons really.

Views
  • Doable, though rather boring. Even better is when a skellie jumps up and comes at you for an explosive hug!

Also, that be Ruby statue, matey ;)

• @luciansanchez82 Oh god ruby! Yeah :D My English dies at jewelry a lot :D

Also, the second one I destroyed was explosive like that :D I was almost finished destroying it, when skeletons spawned and one of them exploded me and the statue. That was a lucky one.

And it is boring yeah, I am not sure if I will ever make to 15 with ruby ones. I plan to achieve 100 by destroying any green and blue ones I find on my voyages.

• @yzahkin I did 10 or 11 of these solo yet, boring but possible. Maybe i will look for the last ones today, got the 100 statues overall already.
    The gunpowder skeletons can be helpful if you use them right, i can confirm that.
    But i think they only count when you hit the statue too, not explode it only with the skeletons blast. At least it seemed like it didn't count for me when i used this tactic for a blue statue.

• @yzahkin We found out two weeks ago, try to use the search function.

• Personally I prefer the kegs method, they both take the same amount of time in a roundabout way. But it’s much more fun.

• @hoppentosse rather lucky than legend.
    Sometimes you get attack by skellies all the time, sometimes you can take down the statue without a single interference.

• Latest news from 2 weeks ago!

• @sirliborius Yeah it only counts when you start the job. There were blue ones that I finished with skeletons, but also one that I tried to start with them but it didn't work.

• @hoppentosse I go to vacation to the Sea of Thieves, I have a job beside it :D

• @themightysiege I considering that too, as I collect a lot of kegs on voyages anyway since skeletons hold them.

• @personalc0ffee I counted at least 100 three hit combos at my first time. I think more pirates means it has less time to regenerate itself, so it is way more easier.

• This works fine for statues above or near the surface of the water. Fire five close-range blunderbuss shots to soften it up, then whack until dead. It takes a while but it's not too hard. If they're submerged, however, might as well forget it and find a partner. It's not impossible to kill a submerged ruby statue, but chances are the sharks will eat you long before you succeed. It only takes a few seconds for the statues to regenerate, then you're back to square one.

Of course, five powder kegs will do the job neatly in one big bang. And with two or more people they're a cinch.

• On the otherhand I've made it rain cannonballs over some of them. Didn't work. :/

• There's a much easier way to destroy the statues; it took my captain and I about 30 seconds to 1 minute (using about 30 to 40 shots in total between the two of us) to destroy a ruby mermaid statue by firing at it repeatedly with the cannons from our ship at the same time, hitting it dead on every time.

• I just tried kegs on a Ruby statue underneath about 8-10ft of water. 8 kegs. Barely scrtched it

• As this thread was 3 years old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
6 out of 17