Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat August 4th 2018

• HEAR HEAR!

We are proud to present Brigatta - A Fortune Race!

Inspired by the creativity and ingeniosity of our Italian Comrades, @SeaofThievesIT, we have decided to concoct our very own Racing Event!

This Event will bring together some of the most involved Communities revolving around Sea of Thieves, in a contest of skills and mastery.

We are happy to welcome, once again:

This is the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of the Brigantine and the newest Sea Terrors.

alt text

• Rules:

Pirates need to complete the race before the other teams. Four Objectives will have to be completed and the Official assigned to the Crew will approve.

The Objectives will be given out AN HOUR BEFORE the Start of the Race.

The Race Details will be given out AN HOUR BEFORE the Start of the Event.

All of the lights on the ship should be turned on at all times, unless the Ship is anchored.

All Weapons will be in play.
    All Cannons & Cannonballs will be in play.
    Boom-booms will be in play.

Pirates cannot board an opposing ship.

Pirates cannot blow up the opposing team's Crow's Nest.

Pirates are not allowed to Fire their Weapons from their Crow's Nest.

When the ships are anchored, no one can attack them. The ship must signal it is anchored by turning off all of the lights. If an attack is made, the Official will sit on the anchor of the Offending Ship until 15 seconds pass.

If a Ship sinks, the Crew is out of the Race!

• When does it happen?

The Brigatta is scheduled to happen on Saturday, August 4th 2018

5PM EDT
    2PM PDT
    10PM BST

• Where can I see this!?!

Every Crew will provide a dedicated streamer and every Official will be streaming their point of view.

We will post the links as soon as we can! Stay tuned!

• Prizes!

We will be offering a series of small prizes for the completion of certain objectives and the Grand Winner of the Event will win 3 Months of Xbox Live Gold!

• How can I show my support ?

You wish to support your team? You're a diehard Hooligan and wish to make it known? Easy! Wear your favourite team's kit and post a picture here!

Fortune favors the Bold!

Views
  • Best of luck to everyone participating!

• Looking forward to this one!

• @siriondb This sounds great in theory but how will you be able to organize a race without any way to pick a server?

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb This sounds great in theory but how will you be able to organize a race without any way to pick a server?

I made a little tweet about that ;).

https://twitter.com/SirioNDB/status/1008471670166904832

• @siriondb Gotcha.
    I have successfully done this myself on a few occasions and was going to offer the suggestion if you weren't aware of it. :o)

• Hopefully we get the brigantine by the 28th 😂

• @simplybutta said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

Hopefully we get the brigantine by the 28th 😂

Hopefully!

Otherwise, we'll have to report it to August. I heard there was another Event planned by Rogue Legends for August though ;).

• Looking forward to the event and good luck to all the teams!

• @siriondb Ayyeee The Dreaded Fleet shall make an appearance mateys. I shall rise to the challenge as Captain and Streamer of the "Dreaded Abyss". I shall put together me crew of the finest Legends around and we shall truly see who the dominate Fleet on The Sea Of Thieves.
    All Hail The Dreaded Fleet
    Or Davy Jones Locker ye shall meet

• Our events are always really good fun. I may not be able to stay up until 6 AM for this one, though. We'll see. :D

• How are you going to prevent trolls, greifers, PvP die hards from crashing the party?

• @pithyrumble said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

How are you going to prevent trolls, greifers, PvP die hards from crashing the party?

There's always a limited number of ships on each server, so there's not much room for trolls. The person planning to troll or pvp will also be up against multiple ships so they can be dealt with fast.

• @siriondb

I heard there was another Event planned by Rogue Legends for August though ;).

Where did you hear that rumor? Cause it's 100% true! If you need Aug we can delay to Sept.

• @siriondb said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@admiral-rrrsole said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb This sounds great in theory but how will you be able to organize a race without any way to pick a server?

I made a little tweet about that ;).

https://twitter.com/SirioNDB/status/1008471670166904832

Ooooh that's what that pirate crew wanted... I was sailing with my daughter when a crew rolled up requesting a trade, treasure for my ship. I was so confused I just thought: 'nope, sounds fishy, evade'
    I will entertain the offer next time

• Sorry if this has already been stated but just wanted to confirm...

How many in a crew? How big is the required ship size?

I read a mention of the Brigantine... so is this suggesting 3 to a crew?

• @admiral-rrrsole You'll be surprised... there are very clever pirates on these Seas...

• @captain-sm0k3 said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb Ayyeee The Dreaded Fleet shall make an appearance mateys. I shall rise to the challenge as Captain and Streamer of the "Dreaded Abyss". I shall put together me crew of the finest Legends around and we shall truly see who the dominate Fleet on The Sea Of Thieves.
    All Hail The Dreaded Fleet
    Or Davy Jones Locker ye shall meet

Ahoy @Captain-Sm0k3! Sadly, our spots are filled for this Event. If you wish to participate in upcoming Events. You can follow me on twitter @SirioNDB and you can come hang out on our Fortune Union Discord.

I am currently waiting on my last team to confirm their presence and if they cancel, I have a Waiting List of Crews wishing to participate.

@ant-heuser-kush said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb This sounds fun. If I'm free, I'll be sure to tune in.

Awesome Ant! I hope you can come and see what this Brigatta is all about! If you're available to help during the day, I'd appreciate the help of an experienced sailor as yourself.

@pithyrumble said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

How are you going to prevent trolls, greifers, PvP die hards from crashing the party?

Sadly, there isn't much we can do if we're ever faced with that situation. Luckily, I trust the teams I've invited and if everything works out properly, we will be taking over the ENTIRE server.

@codename-jenova said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb

I heard there was another Event planned by Rogue Legends for August though ;).

Where did you hear that rumor? Cause it's 100% true! If you need Aug we can delay to Sept.

We'll see how it goes but I appreciate your offer. I heard your Event is going to be a real clash! Can't wait to participate in it :D!

@dreamingnomad said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

Sorry if this has already been stated but just wanted to confirm...

How many in a crew? How big is the required ship size?

I read a mention of the Brigantine... so is this suggesting 3 to a crew?

Thank you for asking! The Crews consist of 3 Pirates each. The Ship will be the Brigantine.

• "When a ship is anchored, it can not be attacked". People will abuse that rule by anchoring mid-fight.

"You can not board another ship". Fights will last a long time if you can not board them. The ship with the most resources will win.

• @korpus-draige

It's a race right? Anchoring mid fight might prove more damaging than not.

It's up to the Crews to decide whether they decide to use their resources or save them for a more dangerous situation.

Considering that you don't have all of the information, I suggest you check out how it plays out ;).

• @siriondb said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@korpus-draige

It's up to the Crews to decide whether they decide to use their resources or save them for a more dangerous situation.

Considering that you don't have all of the information, I suggest you check out how it plays out ;).

It is a race, true... But if you're about to sink and anchor, it saves you from being knocked out of the race :p. I mean it's cool to do something with the game but you got to look at every loop hole as well.

• @korpus-draige said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@korpus-draige

It is a race, true... But if you're about to sink and anchor, it saves you from being knocked out of the race :p. I mean it's cool to do something with the game but you got to look at every loop hole as well.

You do know what a race means right? :) If you drop anchor you'll drop behind, sure you won't sink but chances are you also won't win the race.

• @fishst1ck said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@korpus-draige said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@siriondb said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@korpus-draige

You do know what a race means right? :) If you drop anchor you'll drop behind, sure you won't sink but chances are you also won't win the race.

Yes, I know what a race is, but I also know what competition is as well.

Ship is taking major hits in the race.... Do we:

A) Allow this and keep going, sink and now we're done with the race and literally have zero chance?

or

B) Anchor for a brief few seconds and save our ship from sinking and taking hits, but we're still in the race and able to have a chance?

I'd rather anchor for a few seconds and still have a chance rather then no chance.

• @korpus-draige
    Well the anchor is just the Formula 1 pitstop, you quickly drop it do get out of the heat do a quick repair and get the anchor up again.
    However unlike the F1, I doubt you can do all of that within 2 seconds with a three man crew :)

Also your other statement about the ship with the most resources will win, everyone will have the exact same amount of resources.

• @fishst1ck said in Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat July 28th 2018:

@korpus-draige
    Well the anchor is just the Formula 1 pitstop, you quickly drop it do get out of the heat do a quick repair and get the anchor up again. However unlike the F1, I doubt you can do all of that within 2 seconds with a three man crew :)

It would be enough time to go from certain doom to being "we're okay", if that makes sense.

• @korpus-draige
    Indeed, however that's not really abuse as it's exactly like the pitstop during F1, you don't want to do that too often otherwise you'll lose all chances of winning.

@korpus-draige
    Indeed, however that's not really abuse as it's exactly like the pitstop during F1, you don't want to do that too often otherwise you'll lose all chances of winning.

It was mostly just something I noticed in the ruleset. I wasn't trying to say the rules are a joke or anything lol. I just think knocking out a ship is good for your ship, but if they anchor for a few to save them from sinking they still have a chance versus they wouldn't of if they sank.

But again, it's cool you're doing something with this game and it was just something I noticed in the rules and was just mentioning.

• I don't see the issue with dropping the anchor. It is a valid way to keep yourself in the race while penalizing yourself.

Unless the crews are under heavy fire or if they've sustained heavy damage, there is no real reason to drop the anchor.

Competitively, I don't see how it is a loophole.

• @SirioNDB looks like i was right we wont have the brigatine until the 31st haha

• BREAKING NEWS:

We are reporting Brigatta - A Fortune Race to SATURDAY, AUGUST 4TH 2018.

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1019235341629362176

• Hi there! I've moved this thread to the Community section of the Forum :)

• And with the date changed i wont be able to make it, will b on vacation but will try to stream it from my phone to see what happens

• @khaleesibot a dit dans Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat August 4th 2018 :

Hi there! I've moved this thread to the Community section of the Forum :)

Thank you @khaleesibot! It would be nice to have a Rare Team in a future Event :).

@flippin-loud a dit dans Brigatta - A Fortune Race | PVP Event| Prizes!?! | Sat August 4th 2018 :

And with the date changed i wont be able to make it, will b on vacation but will try to stream it from my phone to see what happens

Damn! I hope you're going to enjoy your vacation, man. Going anywhere special?

• @siriondb just the beach for a week and a half. Gotta love that relaxation time lol

Views
10 out of 44