Low fps after update 1.15

• I have a 1080ti and I have been getting about 100 to 120 fps after 1.15 I can't even get anything higher then 65fps. Anyone else having issues ?

Views
  • They need to make more options to adjust settings instead of doing it for us,
    I always play at myical 4k 60hz
    Benchmarking and adjusting is the fun of pc

• @captin1080ti

Are you having fps issue with this new update ?

• @tornado-hunter1 I have the same problem, hope they fix it x3

• A lot of lag at Thieves Haven and Crooked Masts for some reason. Playing on console.

• I've also been having a lot of issues with fps since the recent update with a 1080. Noticed turning the shadows and lighting down has helped some so it might have something to do with something Rare has changed there.

• I have turned my settings to low using my 1080ti and I'm still hitting 65fps according to the FPS counter. I'm starting to wonder if there's a issue with the counter.

I did noticed messing with vsync turning it on and off made my frames go up for a second then locked again at 65 also I had the game crash when turning it on or off as well a few times. I haven't had any issues like this until this new update.

• @tornado-hunter1 i only have time to play in the weekends i let you now tomorrow, before i was getting 35-60 on big islands and 70-80 on the seas

• @tornado-hunter1 said in Low fps after update 1.15:

I have a 1080ti and I have been getting about 100 to 120 fps after 1.15 I can't even get anything higher then 65fps. Anyone else having issues ?

Yeah, I've got the same graphics card and I now notice the drops too, especially often on islands.

• Hopefully they fix this soon. I haven't ever been this low on fps.

• I'm still being capped between 60fps and 65fps with my 1080 ti. All drivers are updated and I have adjusted settings in the 3D setting in the control panel and still no luck.

Can anyone else let me know if they are experiencing something similar. My game has been running solid until update 1.15 and now this new update it's still happening.

• After uninstalling my gpu drivers and spending some time I finally figured out the problem. I want to share in case another pc users has this issue.

Make sure you disable game DVR in windows 10 or you will lose a ton of performance I didn't even think about this myself. Now I'm getting over 120fps on highest settings : )

• @Shifty-McGhee YES! I've been having this same problem with my TitanX! To me it seems there's a bug affecting gsync systems. I was getting 140+ frames but out of nowhere I noticed a ton of screen tearing. Gsync requires Vsync off to work and shouldn't have screen tearing. Vsync on relives the screen tearing but caps the framerates to 60 no matter what.
    I imagine you have Vsync on, try turning off Vsync, and see if you notice an increase in frames (back to your 120) but you'll get screen tearing.
    I suspect there is a bug while applying Vsync capping framerates at 60.
    I posted about this before and made support tickets but nothing :(

Views
7 out of 13