Introducing the Boatswains

• boatswain huh? i guess i have to control myself now xD

• @captnjaq you shouldnt feel sorry or saddened, indeed i have seen a few deserving names who understandably haven’t been happy with not getting the title, it will happen when a ‘reward’ is given for something but leaves out people the community feels hit that criteria. But it is what it is, i see names who got it who much deserve it, so i take solace in that and will just get on with it.

• Congrats to those that were chosen. You all are supurb! Keep it up =D

• @dumy2008

https://media.giphy.com/media/EGlwa3w8hgumA/giphy.gif

• @captnjaq said in Introducing the Boatswains:

You are not alone. And never will be.

You're not alone. We're here for you too.

• @coyote4711 said in Introducing the Boatswains:

boatswain huh? i guess i have to control myself now xD

lol Good luck with that.
    It's far too late for me I think. :/

Maybe I could be Boatswain adjacent? Something like Bloatedswine. lol :o)

• @admiral-rrrsole:

Bloatedswine...

I'd like to see RARE jimmy-rig that badge.
    R')

• @khaleesibot I dig it :) As I dig the game and everything about it.

• It'll be nice seeing some "positivity" floating around!

• Whoop whoop! Nice rank haha

• Great initiative!
    It will encourage people to be more friendly and share their ideas peacefully.

I like it!

• @ve111a
    I figured you and @DrunkPunk138 would be in for sure.

I’m a big ol’ meaniebear toward the dev team so I’m sure I’m under some ban on sight/zero tolerance title. 😏

• @mrgrim67686 said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@ve111a
    I figured you and @DrunkPunk138 would be in for sure.

I’m a big ol’ meaniebear toward the dev team so I’m sure I’m under some ban on sight/zero tolerance title. 😏

Aye, I'd love the opportunity but until and if that comes I'll just continue to help out where I can and try to stay positive! with or or without a cool badge lol.

• @ve111a And an excellent Boatswain you would make too! Always happy to help and contribute... couldn't ask for more!

• @musicmee said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@ve111a And an excellent Boatswain you would make too! Always happy to help and contribute... couldn't ask for more!

This is very weird to me, Ask @DrunkPunk138 I'm usually not like this but I found a game/community I enjoy and will do what I can. I find it a lot nicer and more enjoyable in like being like how I am not vs how I was. well.... unless I play overwatch

• @khaleesibot this is really cool, I’m just getting on the forums but I’ve logged a lot of hours, 38, 45, 32.

But I’m loving the game and am trying to get into the community more!

• @biggie-tizzle worst game ever lied from the beginning thanks for letting us down

• @nhb760 try posting in a relevant thread/topic rather than going off topic

• @khaleesibot Congrats to all the new Boatswains! :)

• @joebranz Cheers mate!

• @personalc0ffee congrats and thanks for getting my back when i was getting my haircut and employment status trolled on the forum a few days ago lol

• welcome to new boatswains!

• @knightx13 said in Introducing the Boatswains:

Correct, as far as group hierarchy goes on the forums, the Deckhand title/group supersedes the Boatswain title/group, so it only displays the highest tier. The other titles have different hierarchies, and is why they can be displayed at the same time.

Told my Dad this weekend I was being made a Boatswain and then about the Deckhands who moderate (as I have no jurisdiction or power here!) and he chuckled (ex Merchant Navy) that "they don't know much about ship hierarchy then!"
    So apparently you guys should have the title (but same power as now) the Boatswain and we the Deckhands, as Boatswain is a boss of Deckhands!

• @sshteeve Shhhhhh it's a secret coup ;)

• @sshteeve Yeah, according to traditional naval heirarchy that would be the case, but we do things backwards here...

After all, everyone can be a captain of their own ship, but there are only a few Deckhands in all the Sea of Thieves.

Congrats on being made a Boatswain though.

• @knightx13 Nice save there matey! ;P

• @khaleesibot Do you know if the Boatswains will get any fancy ingame cosmetics to show off that they are a member of an elite team of do gooders?

It would be neat to have sails that people recognize as someone (mostly) trustworthy and approachable. But also that icon would make for a sweet tattoo set.

• @m1sterpunch Ahoy matey!

It doesn't look like we will be getting anything specific in game cosmetics or sails... and I'm not sure I would like it... maybe a title would be good though.

• This is a great idea to identify those members who are just there to mess around compared to those that genuinely care about the game. Well done Deckhands!

• @personalc0ffee said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@musicmee said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@m1sterpunch Ahoy matey!

It doesn't look like we will be getting anything specific in game cosmetics or sails... and I'm not sure I would like it... maybe a title would be good though.

I'm against any kind of cosmetic reward tbh. Frankly this role should be something that all community members strive to reach.

I agree... Being a Boatswain on the forums is one thing, but adding an extra in-game cosmetic would be kinda weird, imo..

The way most people are in-game doesn't reflect on the REAL person behind the screen..
    The title on the forum is a reward in itself, imo.

and again.. congratulations to all that became boatswains... you are making the forums a better place :D

there will always be people who will complain and it's nice to see that someone will stand with those who are here to have a good time!

rattles jewelry as a salute

• Just like to send a warm welcome and congratulations to all the new Boatswains joining the group since this was first posted!

• @katttruewalker said in Introducing the Boatswains:

Just like to send a warm welcome and congratulations to all the new Boatswains joining the group since this was first posted!

Why thank you Kat :D!

I feel very lucky to have been chosen to be part of the Boatswains. This game means a lot to me and it feels good to be recognized for the efforts and energy I've been putting into creating positive bonds between the communities.

I'm happy to see so many of my Fortune Unionmates in this group too!

Three cheers for the @Boatswain !

• @siriondb If only they could count to three :(

• @siriondb said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@katttruewalker said in Introducing the Boatswains:

Just like to send a warm welcome and congratulations to all the new Boatswains joining the group since this was first posted!

Why thank you Kat :D!

I feel very lucky to have been chosen to be part of the Boatswains. This game means a lot to me and it feels good to be recognized for the efforts and energy I've been putting into creating positive bonds between the communities.

I'm happy to see so many of my Fortune Unionmates in this group too!

Three cheers for the @Boatswain !

@triheadedmonkey said in Introducing the Boatswains:

@siriondb If only they could count to three :(

alt text

Views
226 out of 267